CyanogenMod-7.1-LiquidMt

Guest davidevinavil

To devs.

I think that cm7 rom is not smooth as other roms like gingerounay or dmd...is it fps lock issue or just my feeling? Thanks

Personally, I think it's as smooth as all of the other Gingerbread ROM's. Where do you find its not so smooth. For example, when using Launcher, Browser, scrolling etc. or just generally?

After having used this ROM for a few days I'd like to share some findings.

+ Fast & Smooth

+ Battery life is good - so long as the bug mentioned prior doesn't awake

+ Plenty of themes and customization options

+ Browser seems quicker than on other ROM's. Maybe it's a CM enhancement

+ S2E means you can install a lot of apps

-My Wi-Fi seems a bit dodgy sometimes. On wake I sometimes need to go into Wireless Settings and it magically reconnects. This could just be my router being finicky

-Aforementioned power bug.

-Not sure why but YouTube feels a bit slow to load videos.

Guest harylauw

Personally, I think it's as smooth as all of the other Gingerbread ROM's. Where do you find its not so smooth. For example, when using Launcher, Browser, scrolling etc. or just generally?

launcher.

Guest gavin(*)

launcher.

Are you using the built-in CM version ADW?

In my opinion, it should not be an issue related to this project.

Maybe you could try out other launchers available on the market.

You are using an android phone, not an iPhone.laugh.gif

Guest elder.skywolf

Hi guys...

Thx for your great work... this Rom runs smooth and fine :)

but i have a problem... it doesn't recognize network (Vodafone IT ) and instead returns 22210 and Mobile Data does not work.

I've tried Lens rom, dmd high and low volt (and Lens Miui too), installing over a fresh 4.000.13

I've checked several times if i've downloaded the right rom (from first page)....

I have a old version (cm7.4.zip), that have data working.

flashed with CWM recovery 4.0.0.8

another odd thing i noticed that when i try to insert manually an APN, it does not save it, and the list is empty

with Stock rom or Gingerounay 3.0 data works, so i don't think it is a HW problem...

Any idea?

ciao e grazie :)

Guest Pramodkumar R

it is really a nice rom

my problems

1. wifi - it connects first time but automatically disconnected then for connecting i have to restart the modem ( gingergournary is best for that)

2. bluetooth - while pairing with bluetooth headset i can take calls only i cannot hear to music

rest all its really very nice....pls help to solve this problems then i will be very happy

best wishes for the developers

Guest Smeelious

Re: laggy ui. Cm has ondemand set as the governor. Try switching to lagfree.

Re: bluetooth (a2dp) it's a known issue.

Re: apn disappearing check my fix last page. Though it doesn't seem to work for cm7

Edited by Smeelious

Can anyone confirm if this rom (or any other liquid metal rom) has RTL support and Arabic language as input? The stock roms don't have it for sure, but as this rom is based on cyanogenmod, I think it should be supporting RTL and arabic language.

Edited by fonero

Can anyone confirm if this rom (or any other liquid metal rom) has RTL support and Arabic language as input? The stock roms don't have it for sure, but as this rom is based on cyanogenmod, I think it should be supporting RTL and arabic language.

Scrolling through the languages I can see what appears to be Arabic.

Guest chemicalbuz

i have sometimes wifi issue, it swichs off automatically after few seconds, but only some times, usually it works correctly....i tryed to fix it with script manager following same instructions as gingerounay but it gives me an error

EDIT: wifi doesn't work anymore, it disconnects automatically after few seconds always, power off and restart don't solve the problem

Edited by chemicalbuz

Guest votantonio

Hi guys...

Thx for your great work... this Rom runs smooth and fine :)

but i have a problem... it doesn't recognize network (Vodafone IT ) and instead returns 22210 and Mobile Data does not work.

I've tried Lens rom, dmd high and low volt (and Lens Miui too), installing over a fresh 4.000.13

I've checked several times if i've downloaded the right rom (from first page)....

I have a old version (cm7.4.zip), that have data working.

flashed with CWM recovery 4.0.0.8

another odd thing i noticed that when i try to insert manually an APN, it does not save it, and the list is empty

with Stock rom or Gingerounay 3.0 data works, so i don't think it is a HW problem...

Any idea?

ciao e grazie :)

I have the same issue, no other one?

Guest matt2909

I installed the ROM as follows:

Flash to 4.000.13 stock acer ROM

Installed CWM recovery

Flashed using ROM on page 1.

Is this the correct procedure?

I am experiencing very frequent lock-ups, easily once an hour, the phone freezes and then reboots.

I also notice the same issue with MIUI ROM (also by LensFlare) do I need to install one of the kernels, if so which one?

Guest k0zmic

I installed the ROM as follows:

Flash to 4.000.13 stock acer ROM

Installed CWM recovery

Flashed using ROM on page 1.

Is this the correct procedure?

I am experiencing very frequent lock-ups, easily once an hour, the phone freezes and then reboots.

I also notice the same issue with MIUI ROM (also by LensFlare) do I need to install one of the kernels, if so which one?

Yep the procedure is right.

You may need to try the low, mid or high voltage kernels. I think the one included is the Ultra Low Voltage one.

Guest k0zmic

Is there a way to flash the filesystem but keep the Acer kernel?

I doubt the stock Acer kernel would work with this ROM so flash one of the kernels from the first post.

Guest davidevinavil

Is there a way to flash the filesystem but keep the Acer kernel?

No cm7 need a specific kernel..

Try with high_voltage kernel if you have freeze issue..

About data issue I'll build another rom with old ril (the one with sim card no working) because seems cm7.4 works for someone with this problem.

Better data working than sim working no ?! ;)

Guest matt2909

No cm7 need a specific kernel..

Try with high_voltage kernel if you have freeze issue..

About data issue I'll build another rom with old ril (the one with sim card no working) because seems cm7.4 works for someone with this problem.

Better data working than sim working no ?! ;)

I will try with high voltage kernel and let you know if it works.

Guest Unbr8kbal

An Awesome ROM!

I just ran quadrant and here are the scores:1789,2023,2138,2257 overclocked at 1.5, but it wasn't very stable....

Very nice work!

I restored back to factory since i'm too lazy to restore all my settings today!

Edited by Unbr8kbal