Site Notice - We are currently investigating an issue with missing download links. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. PaulOBrien

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Galaxy Nexus and Google Wallet

38 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Thanks. Is that zip the very latest wallet?

Posted · Report post

I just want to say thanks to everyone who contributed to making this work, it's awesome having a working google wallet on my galaxy nexus!

Posted · Report post

You mean it doesnt force close on payment?

Posted · Report post

So I initially had GW working. I did a wipe and all, re-installed everything and now I can't get GW to work. I'm getting the following error:

Secure element not responding

The Secure Element has stopped responding. Please contact Google Wallet support.

I've done countless wipes and different ROMs. All end the same way. I figure it has something to do with my storage, maybe?

Can anyone help me?

Posted · Report post

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1365360

Troubleshooting

Secure Element not responding!

If you have a Nandroid backup of a version of Wallet that worked, try restoring to that. Otherwise, you're screwed unless you get a new device. The Secure Element in your phone has now locked you out.

Posted · Report post

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1365360

Troubleshooting

Secure Element not responding!

If you have a Nandroid backup of a version of Wallet that worked, try restoring to that. Otherwise, you're screwed unless you get a new device. The Secure Element in your phone has now locked you out.

Since we now know that nfc on this device is intrinsically tied to the "special" battery, does anyone know if the "Secure Element" is replaceable with just the battery pack?

Posted · Report post

There is a thread in XDA under Samsung Galaxy Nexus-->GNex themes and apps--->Post about Google Wallet

First post has a link to a .zip file, flash that on top of your ROM via recovery and it works perfect.

Posted · Report post

A hacked version? No need for Market Enabler?

Posted · Report post

ok, about to get my nexus replaced due to a faulty screen. Is there a way to install google wallet and ensure that it works and not get the secure element error that I have on my current phone.

Posted · Report post

Mind you, I had this working on a different ROM. I tried it last night on MCR Ir8 and it didn't work, it failed to make the payment and then said something about reader detected. :(

Posted · Report post

Really want to give this a go but dubious due to the 'Secure Element' issues... Fancy paying for my lunch in Pret with my phone!

Posted (edited) · Report post

Mobile payment products are the newest thing with regards to financial technology. Some think the systems, which use smartphones to make payments ordinarily done with a card, will replace cash and plastic totally. One step is already used, as Google Wallet, Google's mobile payment system, is now working with all credit and debit cards, where it formerly worked only with MasterCard. Article source: https://personalmoneynetwork.com/payday-loans/

Edited by ParkerT