kernel 2.6.32

Guest pier11

Plugged in hardware acceleration. Driver from .29 pulse kernel.

Neocore says 09.8FPS... on CM7.

May be I should replace the GL lib to what 'sun lbx' provided.

I'm not very good at testing this stuff...

Gallery maybe became a bit better.

Let's consider Bluetooth working.

Turns on/off, saw my PC in list of devices, got file transfer offering from PC on the phone. Behaved the same way as .29 kernel.

Started to work with .29 board config; refused to work out of box - didn't even want to turn on.

Hooray: sensors work!

compass, screen rotation.

Looks good when Google's Street View follows phone orientation (Compass Mode) - hardware acceleration in action.

It was pretty annoying to fight with every second driver they changed for msm7225+ devices, dropped compatibility with us...

Guest arlindo.costa

Hooray: sensors work!

compass, screen rotation.

Looks good when Google's Street View follows phone orientation (Compass Mode) - hardware acceleration in action.

It was pretty annoying to fight with every second driver they changed for msm7225+ devices, dropped compatibility with us...

:lol: :lol: :lol: Great job!

Guest thisweb

Wow pier11! Thats fantastic. Particularly, the reclaimed memory is a real useful improvement over previous kernel, especially on this very very low mem phone 21 mb is quite a lot!. Would it be possible for anyone to create a new cm7 rom from this yet? That would be amazing!

Wow pier11! Thats fantastic. Particularly, the reclaimed memory is a real useful improvement over previous kernel, especially on this very very low mem phone 21 mb is quite a lot!. Would it be possible for anyone to create a new cm7 rom from this yet? That would be amazing!

nah, memory is not an improvement unfortunately over the previous kernel, but the same amount. My point was that even that amount was dissolved in .32 kernel tree for our phone's board. I just reclaimed it back.

I also think of proper FROYO rom for this kernel. It looks to me that our CM6 and 7 roms were adopted for the previous kernel APIs.

I've compiled in our camera drivers already, but had no luck yet with CM6. I'm thinking of may be kernel camera API incompatibility between the .29 and .32 kernels. Thus "normal" froyo rom would help to test that theory.

Those are from U8150 FROYO rom:

-rw-r--r-- 1 eclipse eclipse  77744 2011-12-31 11:16 system/lib/libcamera_client.so

-rw-r--r-- 1 eclipse eclipse  50744 2011-12-31 11:16 system/lib/libcameraservice.so

-rw-r--r-- 1 eclipse eclipse  64856 2011-12-31 11:16 system/lib/libcamera.so

-rw-r--r-- 1 eclipse eclipse 586716 2011-12-31 11:16 system/lib/libqcamera.so

maybe they should be used on CM6.1 with .32 kernel...

Guest pier11

pier11, can you upload your kernel? And what remains to finished kernel?

pulse-hw2.6.32_v0.1.img - The image is for CM7.

I've pretty much finished porting all devices to this kernel.

Trying to figure if camera issues are on Android or kernel side with CM6.

So far I see camera drivers got probed successfully in kernel:

<6>ov3647.c: i2c probe ok

<6>ov3647.c: ov3647 model_id = 0x36

<6>ov7690.c: i2c probe ok

<6>ov7690.c: ov7690 model_id = 0x76

Guest dr.flo

pier11, I've been reading this thread with great interest.

From what I - as an android newbie - have understood so far, I believe it should be possible to get the camera working with CM7 and your kernel - once (and if) you figured out how to get it working in CM6 with original froyo drivers.

Right? Because then, one could rebuild CM7 with BOARD_USE_FROYO_LIBCAMERA....?

What I did today is trying to build CM7 for u8220 from source, because this would be needed anyways once one wants to switch to the BOARD_USE_FROYO_LIBCAMERA configuration.

Here is my build for anyone who is interested (it is just the latest cm7 compiled from the repos, without any modification):

http://www.mediafire...jvsvt2noyyx5fyu

It now has Android 2.3.7 instead of 2.3.5 in the dtox ROM. I didn't do much testing but it basically seems to work. Old 2.6.29 kernel and no camera of course...

The nexts steps would be to change the build config to BOARD_USE_FROYO_LIBCAMERA and then rebuild once more. But when I try to do so, the build exits because of a missing libcameraservice.so, and currently I don't know which one to take and how to integrate it.

Maybe once you know about a working combination, I could give it a try again...

Guest pier11

What I did today is trying to build CM7 for u8220 from source.

Here is my build for anyone who is interested (it is just the latest cm7 compiled from the repos, without any modification):

http://www.mediafire...jvsvt2noyyx5fyu

It now has Android 2.3.7 instead of 2.3.5 in the dtox ROM. I didn't do much testing but it basically seems to work. Old 2.6.29 kernel and no camera of course...

That's awesome! one started to build CM again.

Could you post some instructions how to compile it? Never did it myself. (Or ideally update CM wiki for benefit of everybody?.. HTC Hero there could be a pattern..)

Guest dr.flo

That's awesome! one started to build CM again.

Could you post some instructions how to compile it? Never did it myself. (Or ideally update CM wiki for benefit of everybody?.. HTC Hero there could be a pattern..)

it's relatively easy, just takes a lot of time. But I was courious whether it would build at all with the current source...

What I did:

follow the instructions in

(edit: fix broken link to Instructions)

just replace "htc" with "huawei" and "buzz" with "u8220" and you're done... I used a fresh install of ubuntu 10.04 x86 as host.

I hope this inspires you to continue your work. Maybe at the end of the road we will have android 2.3.7 + kernel 2.6.32 + camera ????

edit: maybe tomorrow I'll try to put this info into the official wiki.

Edited by dr.flo

Guest pier11

As a fun part, I managed to run u8150 stock Android 2.2 Froyo ROM atop of my kernel :)))

Basically without any modifications, apart from removing some apps/resources to fit into 100MB /system partition.

Used attached above boot image with .32 kernel and CM7 ram disk.

Guest dr.flo

As a fun part, I managed to run u8150 stock Android 2.2 Froyo ROM atop of my kernel :))

And, is it functional?

@dejavu-8: the build should include all languages that are in CM7, I did not remove any. As a consequence, I also don't know how to add any. You could try to rebuild the rom yourself (see my post with instructions), maybe select -b gingerbread-release instead of -b gingerbread when syncing the repo; then it should contain the latest stable CM7.1 code, not the possibly incomplete CM7.2 branch...

Guest Aiman96

An interesting update: Don't get your hopes up though, as I haven't read the entire multitouch topic in this forum and I'm not really sure this was here all along, but:

MULTITOUCH.

Yes.

Oh, I haven't compiled and tested it yet, but there's an interesting find here, in /drivers/touchscreen/synaptics_i2c_rmi.c

Lines 146-150

/* int x2 = buf[3+6] | (uint16_t)(buf[2+6] & 0x1f) << 8; */

/* int y2 = buf[5+6] | (uint16_t)(buf[4+6] & 0x1f) << 8; */

/* int z2 = buf[1+6]; */

/* int w2 = buf[0+6] >> 4; */

/* int finger2 = buf[0+6] & 7; */

There's (obviously) commented out code for a second finger input source. This means, we can at least get dualtouch (pinch-to-zoom?) working... if this driver is the one used in our pulses.

More research is needed, I'll try to compile the kernel first tonight, and see what I can do. This is just a really quick (but exciting!) update :unsure:

Do you think we can get Multitouch (Dualtouch) ?

And what about WiFi-Tethering, because all Tethering-Apps don't work at *.32.

Guest pier11

And, is it functional?

To degree :)

Works on stock Froyo rom from u8150:

- display

- touchscreen

- keypad

- jogball

- usb: mass storage, adb

- sd card

- backlight/brightness

- vibrator

- very partially camera

Doesn't work:

- radio

- mobile data network

- wifi

- bluetooth

- sound/mic

- keypad LEDs

- sensors/compass

?- hardware acceleration

Actually stock wifi driver loads fine with insmod if do it manually. It could be something with permissions. It's my first rom after all :)

With regard to camera I'm also getting simi-positive results. If on CM6 camera did't even try to start, on froyo stock rom I'm getting:

- image with very weird inverted colors;

- image freezes soon after. So I can't make a picture.

Edited by pier11

Guest pier11

Do you think we can get Multitouch (Dualtouch) ?

And what about WiFi-Tethering, because all Tethering-Apps don't work at *.32.

Hi,

It's a bit early to talk about enhancement to kernel. Our first goal is to make the port fully functional on our phone.

I spent some time one day reading that long long multitouch thread. The guys ended up on conclusion that even though our touchscreen does recognize second finger, touchscreen CONTROLLER doesn't send coordinates of the second finger. Thus proper multitouch is not possible without changing hardware bit on controller (nobody had idea where to get the right update, also there was no easy way to update it). May be it's possible to use that for pinch zooming...

As for tethering, I see option "Tethering & portable hotspot" in Settings of stock Froyo rom, I'm experimenting with. But since wifi/radio does'n work yet in this combination, can't say any further on tethering.

Again both are not a major priority yet in the moment.

Guest Aiman96

I know that it is to early, but look at this Post

And Darktremor's A2SD don't working at *.32 Cm7, do you have a solution?

Thank you for the hard wok :)

Sorry for my English :)

Edited by Aiman96