• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

24 Nov r2: MoDaCo Custom Kernel (+CIFS +USB drives / keyboard / mouse)

20 posts in this topic

Posted

This is now included in my MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus - details.

I have created a custom kernel for those that would like CIFS support or USB drive / keyboard / mouse support. This is a temporary download until such time as MCR is released. This is based on the stock kernel source with purely config tweaks at this time.

This should be flashed via ClockworkMod Recovery.

This is designed for devices running the I9250XXKK1 / ITL41D ROM.

• DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) - MD5: 4eb172c3222126ceb3eed340f51c7b28

P

Note: Source is now available in my bitbucket repository.

Posted

This should be flashed via 'fastboot flash boot boot.mck.img' to a device with an unlocked bootloader, use 'fastboot boot' rather than 'fastboot boot' to try before flashing.

This should be flashed via 'fastboot flash boot boot.mck.img' to a device with an unlocked bootloader, use 'fastboot boot' rather than 'fastboot flash' to try before flashing.

-.- all those mistakes :P

Posted

Great! Can't w8, i'll get my nexus tomorrow!!! Any idea on how well will work GN connected to a TV? It should switch to tablet interface huh.gif

Posted

Great! Can't w8, i'll get my nexus tomorrow!!! Any idea on how well will work GN connected to a TV? It should switch to tablet interface huh.gif

Why? You still have to control it using the actual phone.

Would be pimp if it did so when you connected a keyboard and mouse though :)

Posted

Thanks for the custom kernel but I'm having trouble getting shares to mount, the device crashes and reboot when I attempt to mount using CifsManager.

Posted (edited)

Why? You still have to control it using the actual phone.

Would be pimp if it did so when you connected a keyboard and mouse though :)

it should be better using the HDMI dock with a TV than the phone layout

Edited by ezangrando

Posted

The same here. cifsmanager reboots and no joy:)

Paul, is the ICS kernel complied using the process used for nexus one? Could we just get the cifs.ko module for instance?

Thanks,

crk

Posted

This is now a clocwkorkmod recovery update zip. :)

It has also been further updated and source has been uploaded to my bitbucket.

P

Posted

CIFS is now working perfectly. Thanks Paul.

Paul,

On more thing, I read somewhere that GN CPU is a dual core 1.5GHz and Google/Samsung have decided to underclock to 1.2GHz for smooth and battery reasons. If this is true, do you think we could have the 1.5 stock speed? (I don't mean overclock but get the full CPU potencial).

CrK

Posted

Paul,

Thanks for your work. May I know how to compile the kernel from your source?

Posted (edited)

Hey Paul! The link to r2 doesn't work, after entering capcha it says "File not found". Can you please upload r3 kernel?

Edited by mike1986

Posted

Hey Paul! The link to r2 doesn't work, after entering capcha it says "File not found". Can you please upload r3 kernel?

I downloaded r2 OK from the link?

r3 is not ready for download here yet.

P

Posted

I downloaded r2 OK from the link?

r3 is not ready for download here yet.

P

I tried on 2 different browsers and notebooks and no go but it's not that important since I already have r2. Waiting for ready r3 then, thanks!

Posted (edited)

edit: delete/ignore

Edited by munkiii

Posted (edited)

Can anyone confirm that this kernel will bring my GN up as a drive letter on my PC please?

DoubleTwist is currently complaining becuase the GN is "in an unsupported USB Mode", which I assume is this MTP support?

Or have I got the wrong end of the stick regarding the USB part of this kernel? :blink:

Edited by Zarch1972

Posted

No it won't.

P

Posted

Google finally released the source code for the newest volume fix kernel...so MCK r4 coming soon I guess :)

Posted

Is the latest r4 kernel only available in the complete ROM? I didn't find it seperate.

Posted

but a new version of this kernel for 4.0.2(ICL53F) doesn't exist?

Posted

Hello and thank you for kernels but can you tell me if it works for the Nexus S

thank you