• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Dell Streak 5 Home button

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Ello,

Me again....

Little while ago my daughter had a hissy fit and my streak hit concrete from 2 foot up 7 times (the gorilla glass took 6 poundings before it cracked)

After changing the screen (thank god their cheap now) i noticed my home button stopped responding

Now i was careful and i didn't nick the cable but still no joy, qdi tool, stock then latest custom OS from steve still the same so it's not relating to s/w or f/w definitely physical.

Soooo either the "other" end is loose (can't remember where that cable leads to) OR i've done some damage that wasn't enough to visibly notice so would need to replace it...

Any suggestions or know where i can get the strip cheap?

Or as a workaround i was sure there was something that would allow me to stick a home button in the task bar at the top as a temp fix.

Cheers

Gid

***Edit***

Definitely not loose just reseated everything and made sure it was all secure

Edited by xO Gideon Ox

Posted · Report post

I'm curious about this one too, not had a crack or had to open it but from time to time my home button and/or back button lose all responsiveness....requires a FIRM tap against the wall at the button end to bring them back online...I'd prefer to know if there is a cheap and simple fix rather than risk further damage to my baby

Could it be damage to the digitizer? (Capacitive buttons digitizer that is)

I have no idea :unsure:

Edited by Azurren

Posted · Report post

Ello,

Me again....

Little while ago my daughter had a hissy fit and my streak hit concrete from 2 foot up 7 times (the gorilla glass took 6 poundings before it cracked)

After changing the screen (thank god their cheap now) i noticed my home button stopped responding

Now i was careful and i didn't nick the cable but still no joy, qdi tool, stock then latest custom OS from steve still the same so it's not relating to s/w or f/w definitely physical.

Soooo either the "other" end is loose (can't remember where that cable leads to) OR i've done some damage that wasn't enough to visibly notice so would need to replace it...

Any suggestions or know where i can get the strip cheap?

Or as a workaround i was sure there was something that would allow me to stick a home button in the task bar at the top as a temp fix.

Cheers

Gid

***Edit***

Definitely not loose just reseated everything and made sure it was all secure

look here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Flex-Cable-CABL-Ribbo-Dell-Mini-5-Streak-/250897643436?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6aaa37ac

stoffy

Posted · Report post

No idea if it works but try the app 'button saviour' its a previous winner of Paul's app of the day.

Posted · Report post

hi to all

I am using the GO Launcher EX app. I like this app becauseof its feature of terminating any task which is running in your device, and youthink it is not that necessary and is utilizing a lot of your battery. You willfind a task killer of applications which are currently running inside the appdrawer. You can customize your Home Screen very easily. The Dock, App Drawer,Themes, and the advanced operation settings just make it possible for the userto make their device look like anything they wish it to be. It is possibly thebest app because of the various features which it provides.

????

Posted · Report post

My streak got same issue that the home button no response any more... i had to use my camera button as the home button as workaround. you can try following steps if you are interesting in this method.

1. use root explorer to browse to system/user/keylayout folder and mount it as read and write mode.

2. edit the surf_keypad.kl file, change

KEY 59 FOCUS

to

KEY 59 HOME WAKE

3. save and exit and then reboot the streak.

My home button was having response problem sometime back. It had recovered somehow. Went on to use zMooth gesture-based soft buttons app since.

Edited by boonkui