Orange San Francisco II or T-Mobile Vivacity?

Guest Simon O

Tried an iPhone 4 case today on the TMV and the belly on the back is al that stops it fitting. Well that and the camera is in a sightly different place :P If you put the TMV in face down it fit perfectly.

Hi guys!

I'll buy one of this phones but I'm not sure about which one. The Vivacity, in my opinion, looks better but I read some things about it and I don't know if the SFII is exactly the same phone (inside).

The main problems of the Vivacity seem to be:

1) Response of the virtual keyboard

2) Battery life because I read that SFII's battery is 1400mah and Vivacity-1200mah.

Thanks in advance!!

Guest sjoyce666

I'm going to go for the Vivacity as I am already a T-Mobile customer and it means I do not have to unlock it or pay a higher price for the ZTE version

Looking for the best deal at the moment. Cashback is available when going through QuidCo or TopCashBack websites

Guest admanirv

I'm going to go for the Vivacity as I am already a T-Mobile customer and it means I do not have to unlock it or pay a higher price for the ZTE version

Looking for the best deal at the moment. Cashback is available when going through QuidCo or TopCashBack websites

7 days on of ordering and they still didnt track it (quidco), had to raise a 'claim'.

Guest Mars104

Hi guys!

I'll buy one of this phones but I'm not sure about which one. The Vivacity, in my opinion, looks better but I read some things about it and I don't know if the SFII is exactly the same phone (inside).

The main problems of the Vivacity seem to be:

1) Response of the virtual keyboard

2) Battery life because I read that SFII's battery is 1400mah and Vivacity-1200mah.

Thanks in advance!!

+1

Have not decided which one to buy as an Xmas present for the misses.

A couple of questions:

1. surely the laggy keyboard is fixed by flashing a new ROM? must be a software issue on the vivacity!?

2. I have read different things about the battery are they really 1400 and 1200mah respectively, on their website's orange and tmobile quote the same talk time but orange quote slightly better standby than t mobile (9 days vs 200hs). However this may be due to rounding? Can anyone confirm (preferably owners) the actual capacity of the batteries?

Edited by Mars104

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Russ_uk

I was one of the lucky ones who managed to snap up a Vivacity from Very.co.uk for £39, infact i think i was the very last person to do so, as the second i complete the order, the product showed as 'Out of stock'.

Guess I'll have to see if they honor it (or not), but so far so good!

If not, I think I'm gonna be getting the SFII instead - Although I'll hold off my decision until a few complete reviews appear for both devices.

I'll update this forum as to whether or not the transaction completes.

*Update*

Today a package arrived and to my surprise it was my T-Mobile vivacity.

Think i was EXTREMELY lucky that very.co.uk honored my transaction. (Think it was fortunate it's so close to Xmas, any other time of the year i doubt they would of done)

So i got the TMV for the grand price of £39 :D

Happy Christmas to me !!!

Guest Reider59

*Update*

Today a package arrived and to my surprise it was my T-Mobile vivacity.

Think i was EXTREMELY lucky that very.co.uk honored my transaction. (Think it was fortunate it's so close to Xmas, any other time of the year i doubt they would of done)

So i got the TMV for the grand price of £39 :D

Happy Christmas to me !!!

Well done! So glad someone played a blinder and got a deal. My OSF II has gone out of stock twice now and I have the money for one tomorrow. Just have to hope its back in by Wednesday noon and I can get one sent to the Orange shop on time. Rang the shop to see if any had come in yet, none last week and no answer so far. So its either order one on next day from my Littlewoods Catalogue (Wednesday noon latest order) with no memory card or offers, try and order the Vivacity or go for the Monte Carlo which was in store last week and still shows in stock online. Be glad when I know what`s happening lol.

Steve

Edited by Reider59

• 2 weeks later...

For my girlfriends birthday i bought an vivacity yesterday (the sf2 was still to pricy on ebay and no shipping to the netherlands).

(today sf2 are listed to ship worldwide....my bad )

however i like the looks on the vivacity more than the sf2.

but i have some questions, maybe someone can answer them.

1) the vivacity and sf2 should be the same phone from zte.

however this site suggest that the vivacity has a sluggy keyboard:

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/Dec2011/t-mobile-vivacity-review-by-3g-co-uk.html

is that true and is it hardware or software?

2) the vivacity has touchkeys/softkeys instead of hard buttons as the sf2 has.

does this give problems with custom roms? do i have to use custom roms specially for the vivacity because of the soft buttons?

greetings

Greetings :D

It seems to be chance which touchscreen hardware comes with each phone, people have reported both types of hardware for both phones! If you have the better synaptic version on the TMV then people have reported problems with the menu button not working in CWM... but this can be overcome by using the cheat mode and the power button instead.

Greetings :D

It seems to be chance which touchscreen hardware comes with each phone, people have reported both types of hardware for both phones! If you have the better synaptic version on the TMV then people have reported problems with the menu button not working in CWM... but this can be overcome by using the cheat mode and the power button instead.

so that problem is only with unlocking/ custom rome?

it would be a bummer when i give my girlfriend a present that comes with buttons that doesn't work :+

Yes. Depending on which hardware the rom is built on. We need two of each kernal - one for each type of hardware. If you check your phone to see which it has first you can be confident it will work (if you have a synaptics touchscreen on the SF2 or the atmel on the TMV you're good to go - for other hardware check the fixes before you start! ;) (all roms will work if you know how))

Edited by fr0do

Guest jasonleeds

I had a look at both in the shops, and I honestly thought the San Fran 2 was just that little bit slicker, has a Xperia look to it.

Personally not a fan of the the Iphone fad so the vivacity got the thumbs down.

Loving my San Fran 2

Guest Reider59

It was right up to the wire with me, I had some money but with Christmas fast approaching knew I`d need it for bills. I did however have some money coming but it was a just over a week away. 3 times the SF II went out of stock in that short time. I could have got one from my catalogue (only £10 more-commission) which initially showed not yet in stock then changed to in stock. But I really wanted the 2gig memory card and the free gifts I`d get from Orange, knowing full well I`d unlock it anyway. The catalogue offered none of those because I emailed and asked them.

OK so not so many days before Christmas I decided to ring the shops, I`d already been in a week before and T Mobile hadn`t even heard of the Vivacity, Orange had only had one single SF II pass through its shop. No reply when I rang Orange, T Mobile surprisingly told me they had 2 Vivacities in! The bus came before I could go the Cashpoint to check the funds so I excitedly went to town. Checked again at Orange and no can do, initially they thought they had some in but they were the SF1. So off I trotted to the bank and the funds hadn`t been paid in!!! sad.gif

Next morning I was at my local Cashpoint at 8am on the dot, funds in. Hobbled home as fast as my walking stick would allow (spine op that went wrong). Ordered the SF II online to be delivered to my local Orange shop on Friday the 23rd. The rest is history except that I got a pair of headphones I wanted anyway, Mum will have the Piggybank, I kept the wipe and the double up earphone adaptor. I got £20 of apps too so my patience, worn very thin, paid off in the end. Friday night, the phone was unlocked. I wouldn`t have minded the Vivacity, I quite like the iPhone anyway but I am more than pleased I got the SF II. My target was always to get one or the other by Christmas. cool.gif

Steve

Edited by Reider59

Guest jasonleeds

my girlfriend had a similar problem, wanted to get it for me for xmas. 3 times orange online was out of stock and both stores in Leeds only had one each which surprise surprise had sold out.

Was all good in the end as a week before xmas it come into stock @ 6am-ish was ordered, by 9am out of stock.

Looking like the first san fran put ZTE on the map

I ordered the SFII first and then saw the TMV which I drooled over straight away coz I hate those physical buttons. Was a seller for me. So I cancelled the SFII en route. The £20 of free apps with T-Mob is a con. It's for their shop apps which are old games only. And after about 30 emails to support they still couldn't give me that. Credits run out now and I'm trying to shift to GiffGaff. That's going pear shaped too. Good job the phone is good! :)

Edited by fr0do

Guest Reider59

I ordered the SFII first and then saw the TMV which I drooled over straight away coz I hate those physical buttons. Was a seller for me. So I cancelled the SFII en route. The £20 of free apps with T-Mob is a con. It's for their shop apps which are old games only. And after about 30 emails to support they still couldn't give me that. Credits run out now and I'm trying to shift to GiffGaff. That's going pear shaped too. Good job the phone is good! :)

I knew the £20 of apps on Orange would be naff but I figured I`d have them anyway, only the site appeared to have a server fault every time I went on with my Orange Sim. Said they couldn`t validate me yet they logged me on and let me use my own sim balance. Anyway, I could see the name of the game as my balance got smaller n smaller so I gave up. They made a point every time of telling me to turn off WiFi and use phone data.

I was twiddling my thumbs waiting for something so I later went to the same address with my 02 Sim card in. I had to go to it a second time by refreshing, only this time it asked for my phone number to validate it. I knew the phone recorded the Orange number even when the 02 sim card (different number obviously) was in. But just to make sure I checked in my notebook where I`d recorded both of them. Carefully typed in the Orange phone number (with my 02 sim card in the phone) and got sent to a site with all 6 naff games on. Cod7 was ok but I already had it, then it was Scrabble, and 4 others but hey better than nothing. Funny thing is I`m 99% sure only Wi Fi was turned on this time, yet they didn`t tell me to turn it off and put the phone data on instead.

Steve

Edited by Reider59

Sounds like the same offerrings as T-Mob. Doodle Jump was on there apparently but I just bought that for 10p in the December blitz. I only have those things on the phone a few days before deleting them anyway. What I was hoping for was more utilities. Ah well :)