Mounting specific folder to windows, not entire SD card?

Guest LambOfGod

Guest LambOfGod

ive just got myself a 16gb class 10 card it works wonders, basically i have gingerbread using the stock apps to sd, is there a way i can mount a specific folder and not the entire device? so that app data stored on the sd card can still be used. its not nescessary, just would be nice =]

galaxy ace, 2.3.3 ;)

also is there a way to limit the size for a particular folder, say i want the music folder to only be max 10gb, and the 4gb for apps/photos etc or a way to have multiple fat32 partitions

Edited by LambOfGod

Guest unrandomsam

ive just got myself a 16gb class 10 card it works wonders, basically i have gingerbread using the stock apps to sd, is there a way i can mount a specific folder and not the entire device? so that app data stored on the sd card can still be used. its not nescessary, just would be nice =]

galaxy ace, 2.3.3 ;)

also is there a way to limit the size for a particular folder, say i want the music folder to only be max 10gb, and the 4gb for apps/photos etc or a way to have multiple fat32 partitions

If you use MTP instead of usb mass storage does it work ?

If you use ext(2/3/4) for a partition on the sdcard then you can use that separate from the fat32 one for usb mass storage.

You could possibly have 2 fat32 partitions but given the effort of hacking the rom / doing the partitioning might as well have one ext2/3/4.