[25-12] TripNiCE S008B - IceCream Sandwich 4.0.1 | BETA 008

Guest TripNRaVeR

Just noticed when someone calls me who is not in contacts list it shows the location from where the person is calling :unsure:

Cool!

edit:

working on the kernel but having a hard time integrating qta

Awesome i know you can do it

Guest Grudgie

Just wait or pull battery that is a known issue.

Yeah i did had to pull 2 the battery. but now the rom works again :)

I cant wait for the next update.. hopefully with a working market :)

I must admit this rom works good so far, still it is a alpha release.. u have my respect Trip! :)

Im using her as a daily for now since I never get phone calls I mostly text lol I really like a lot too ICS is sweet as ice cream

Edited by Dano79

Cant wait for my roomate to wake up so I can say hey look im running ICS LOL. I will be using ICS all day and night so Ill report back on my adventures. Of course I never get mms but last night someone sent me a pic could not download it but I knew MMs most likely would not be working at the moment Thanks Trip for continuing on this build

Edited by Dano79

I just love ICS!

Its a very big leap forward in Android. But thats my opinion. :P

ICS is awesome, makes me even more glad i jumped ship from iOS. Thank you for making this awesome from, can't wait for the fix.

Im using her as a daily for now since I never get phone calls I mostly text lol I really like a lot too ICS is sweet as ice cream

I'm getting some freezing at the moment

I hear ya I think I messed with all the buttons that are a no no last night freeze city lol. No more of that leaving her alone just texting and calls sometimes no more touching buttons until the next update when things work better tired of doing battery pulls....... If you go into your file manager find a song you can play it just found that out.... Post edit phone did soft reboot playing the song in file manager scratch that

Edited by Dano79

Guest rajackar

Tried the rom and it looks very nice.

As reported by the dev lots of things are broken right now.

I couldn't even get it to run long enough to enter my APN settings so I can't confirm (nor deny) a working data connection. The phone would hang before I could finish.

I also tried restoring them using an app but that gave me an error about no rights to write the APN's. Not sure if this is due to app incompatibility with ICS or missing root rights.

Best of luck to the dev in getting this all to work.

Guest dragonraelms

I couldn't even get it to run long enough to enter my APN settings so I can't confirm (nor deny) a working data connection. The phone would hang before I could finish.

I also tried restoring them using an app but that gave me an error about no rights to write the APN's. Not sure if this is due to app incompatibility with ICS or missing root rights.

apn is working on mine, i have an active 3g connection currently. having a few problems trying to use the web browser but it syncs easily

I can also confirm a working 3G connection

Guest Grudgie

I can recieve calls and vibrating works... when i call the same person it rings but then my phone freezes :P cant do nothing.. so pull battery out and restart.

Guest TripNRaVeR

The kernel is fixed up for ICS and it removed a lot off stupid errors. Seems that it didnt fix wifi, it comes a step further but not working. Lookin further

Guest Bluewall2

The kernel is fixed up for ICS and it removed a lot off stupid errors. Seems that it didnt fix wifi, it comes a step further but not working. Lookin further

Well, thanks !

tested before but i can't use 3G or Edge, even if i put manually the APN.

if data and more stable, will be my daily driver. Or my night driver because soon i'll go to a party :D well, party driver so.

Tremendous stride forward, Trip, as everyone says. From thought experiment (in Xome uDder forAm) to actual ROM (you) to evidence of functionality in ICS (also you), we have seen great things from 4.0.1 on the Sensation, IMO.

My observations: the thing is a little touchy about the SIM card. After boot, I have to wait a bit for it to feel the SIM comfortably in place. Even then, it has three times obliged me to Restart due to (it says) my "new SIM card".

I see the loop it gets into with WiFi (it repeatedly "sees" my router, is getting IP, even -- once -- thought it said "Connecting" -- only to lose out in the end). It may have to with my SSID being hidden, although I did tell it the SSID.

I thought at first data was no go, as on, well, second boot it seemed not to want to believe there were any Network Operators around -- even though I put the APN in myself. But, once out of the Settings screen, I had data!

Twice in the first half hour I had hot reboots, once from the lockscreen, once after the first time I agreed to "English" on the very first boot.

This ROM has hardware acceleration. It shows off the fluidity of Android excellently, the details above are just that: details. To paraphrase an earlier contribution, how sorry, sorry, sorry the iPhone looks by comparison!

Of course, there's still the Market. Even more ambitiously, the Camera. But I have confidence in you. Thanks for returning to this project, and I am sorry you had to take the insults and the fake criticism of the fake "persiantown" guy.

Please, for all our sakes, keep up the excellent work, dude.

Yrs appreciatively,

dkephart

Edited by dkeppy

Guest Grudgie

Widgets seems working.. i tried the youtube app.. it works.

I clicked on a video.. but had only sound.. but couldnt pause or stop the video.. later youtube asked me if i wanted to stop the app i clicked yes and the sound stopped.

Well, thanks !

tested before but i can't use 3G or Edge, even if i put manually the APN.

if data and more stable, will be my daily driver. Or my night driver because soon i'll go to a party :D well, party driver so.

3G works perfect for me.

Guest Bluewall2

3G works perfect for me.

Yeah i see that for many people it's working.

Don't know why but no way to have it working for me : ) not a big deal for now, sure it will be fixed

Guest TripNRaVeR

Yeah i see that for many people it's working.

Don't know why but no way to have it working for me : ) not a big deal for now, sure it will be fixed

Are you sure the settings are correct? Dont select ip6 apn