[25-12] TripNiCE S008B - IceCream Sandwich 4.0.1 | BETA 008

Guest TripNRaVeR

but this is the best rom ever !!!!

Man I'll try to make it easier for you, For a Chimp to understand...

This is an Alpha rom, that means its not even Beta, for sure not a stable ROM

As an alpha this has bugs, if you dont have good call volume, neither do we. Cause it's on DEVELOPMENT

By your moaning and your "plz help me I'm a n00b and I can't find anything on google"... you won't achieve so much, specially if you fill a entire page of posts.

So briefing:

If you say this is the best rom ever, stop complaining about it.

If you like to get all things working without training your google skills, just use stock rom or get an iPhone...

Edited by Kaahru

Guest inzanic

Okey, guys. Back to topic, please.

So, Trip has posted a few tweets regarding the kernel and it seems to be working; tho he got some glitches left? I think we can expect an update today, don't we? ;)

It would have been a perfect birthday present! :D

140 FPS just yet, hw accel. working, i messed up the kernel so the screen has glitches, logcat says hwcomposer working 2d/3d

- http://twitter.com/TripNRaVeR

Guest Arz Bhatia

Trip will take no time to fix the kernel issues.

TOTALLY OFF-TOPIC - GUYS, PLEASE.. PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS!

I found this site - Esaby.com which is selling the Galaxy Nexus for 540$ (USD) and I'm in love with that phone, can someone check if it's a genuine site? I e-mail them and the responses are pretty quick. Please help me out, you are my only hope :(

Guest bmoreyce

I found this site - Esaby.com which is selling the Galaxy Nexus for 540$ (USD) and I'm in love with that phone, can someone check if it's a genuine site? I e-mail them and the responses are pretty quick. Please help me out, you are my only hope :(

32 GB iphone 4s for $230? no way. but it gets better...they're also selling the iphone 5!!! this site must be genuine!!! mate...if you dont ever want to see your money again...go ahead, but you'd have to be mad.

Guest inzanic

What do you mean?

Will he complete it within "no-time" - Or won't he even bother to fix it?! ;) :D

Guest Arz Bhatia

What do you mean?

Will he complete it within "no-time" - Or won't he even bother to fix it?! ;) :D

Yeah I saw the iphone 5 thing :P

It won't take time for him to fix I meant :P

Guest BummAround

If you continue to act like a 5yr old and troll this thread with your "noobiness" and rudeness of our development and troubleshooting we will ALL be forced to report you. Please do NOT post anymore or you will be reported by all members of this thread. Seriously.

Hahaha, agree with Dragon_Droid.

Now, run, Forrest, run! :rolleyes:

Back to the topic: Hopefully TRIP's next release will be super stable. He really rules!

Edited by BummAround

Guest Vexation

D'oh Trip!

After your screens last night you got me really excited about this release. And I hope you will release your next build before tonight, seeing as I have to go a prom at 6 and want to show the apple fanboys what's coming to steal their pride :) Make it happen! :D

Guest TripNRaVeR

Dont expect a fully working hw accel. the hard part is done because its running. The other hand is there are still errors that make it not fully functional. Altough i dont have reboots/lockups or whatever the screen "flickers" sometimes espec. during 3d graphics. Also the UI isnt always rendered bij the hw accel. its very picky. It is fast when using the phone, also the 3d graphics seem to be at the same level as Gingerbread. You notice the hw accel. in Quadrant for example where we get with beta 7.6 arround 17 fps, we now have 25-27 fps. In the 3d graphics test we have arround ~90. In the globe test ~150. And the last test with the dna we have ~40

The FPS levels are actually higher then on Gingerbread. This is how the status is right now with the old kernel.

Guest inzanic

Dont expect a fully working hw accel. the hard part is done because its running. The other hand is there are still errors that make it not fully functional. Altough i dont have reboots/lockups or whatever the screen "flickers" sometimes espec. during 3d graphics. Also the UI isnt always rendered bij the hw accel. its very picky. It is fast when using the phone, also the 3d graphics seem to be at the same level as Gingerbread. You notice the hw accel. in Quadrant for example where we get with beta 7.6 arround 17 fps, we now have 25-27 fps. In the 3d graphics test we have arround ~90. In the globe test ~150. And the last test with the dna we have ~40

The FPS levels are actually higher then on Gingerbread. This is how the status is right now with the old kernel.

The old kernel is Endtime, right?

Guest inzanic

Yes only difference is that i always run a different build as what i offer here :rolleyes:

Haha, ah okey.

But, may we see a possible update tonight or is it a bit too much to work on, kernel-wise? :D

Btw, you're doing a great job which we all appreciate a lot!

GO TRIP! :)

Guest Truble187

I tried to change display density from 240 to 250 and it seems to fit better the screen..Screenshot_2011-12-15-11-36-36.png

Whats that for an widget?

And for the developer --> NICE WORK it runs fine!!

Guest atticus182

Yay due to your Alpha I decided to buy a Galaxy Nexus, it should arrive tomorrow :)

Good luck with your ROM Trip! Will let you all know if the real deal is just as awesome as this Alpha biggrin.gif

Yay due to your Alpha I decided to buy a Galaxy Nexus, it should arrive tomorrow :)

LOL?! You mean it's THAT bad and you decided to get the real thing instead of running out of patience? :P

Guest madenssblade

Good luck with your ROM Trip! Will let you all know if the real deal is just as awesome as this Alpha biggrin.gif

you got no flash player support on it yet laugh.gif by the time you get it the sensation will have ics working nicely tongue.gif

you got no flash player support on it yet laugh.gif by the time you get it the sensation will have ics working nicely tongue.gif

Say what you will but the Galaxy Nexus is a fabulous phone.. it really is a complete package and while I'm fond of my Sensation I'm not sure it's going to be a match for the GN.

Guest ronaldramsayii

No problem bro....sometimes you gotta take a step down before you can take a step up. In this case you did both. Thanks for the update bro, ready to test and see what's what. After all.....it is still Alpha biggrin.gif

Guest ronaldramsayii

Say what you will but the Galaxy Nexus is a fabulous phone.. it really is a complete package and while I'm fond of my Sensation I'm not sure it's going to be a match for the GN.

Well while it may be since it did come out later than the Sensation, the Sensation is a heck of a phone. What Trip has done so far is nothing short of amazing work....

Guest diamantericos

I rather the alpha on my sensation from Tmobile. than deal with the official from verizon. It s not that serious.