VPN access now DEMANDS a pin lock

Guest Zarch1972

Guest Zarch1972

I've tried setting up VPN (privateinternetaccess) for the odd trans-atlantic access and the phone now demands I set a PIN lock. I'm sure earlier versions of Android have let me set up this VPN without needing a PIN in place.

Is this something new in ICS?

And anyone know of a way around it please?

Guest frigorific

I've tried setting up VPN (privateinternetaccess) for the odd trans-atlantic access and the phone now demands I set a PIN lock. I'm sure earlier versions of Android have let me set up this VPN without needing a PIN in place.

Hi, I use a VPN connection for Netflix etc and it works fine with a regular pattern lock. My VPN connection is pptp to strongvpn. I guess some kinds of vpn require pin for security for say corporate vpn?

One big happy change for vpn in ICS is that it now actually saves your password so you don't need apps like 5vpn for pasting vpn password every time :-)

Guest sputnik99

no way around from me, just support: Same here. I deleted the vpn connection and all unlock methods work again.

I have seen several mods of email.apk to trick exchange security policies. I didn't try if this has an effect on VPN/alternative unlock.

Edited by sputnik99