Can't boot into recovery at all.

Guest neethree

Guest neethree

Hello everyone.

Up until last night I was running on Swedish Spring RLS5 nice and dandy when I decided to flash CM7. It didn't go well, and I found myself looping through android logo for quite a time until I recovered my old build using CWM Recovery. A friend of mine suggested I updated the version before trying again (since I was on 3.0.6 (or something)) and so I did using the ROM manager.

Well, that didn't fix anything; in fact, now I can't even boot on recovery mode. I tried fixing permissions and rolling back to 3.0.6, but none of this gave me access back to recovery. Whether I chose to backup my ROM, reboot into recovery through the software, or manually by holding Power + Vol-, it'll only restart the system (or loop me on the android logo until I release the buttons).

Any ideas? All help appreciated.

Thanks.

Guest neethree

CM7 is for gen 2 phones and also newer versions of Clockworkmod, I Think.

If I recall correctly, only the versions produced after the current one will be exclusively for gen 2 phones.

I think 4.0.0.5 was the last one for gen 1.

EDIT: You can probably just TPT to gen2 (and then back to gen1 if you really want to)

Edited by Arnar

Guest neethree

I think 4.0.0.5 was the last one for gen 1.

EDIT: You can probably just TPT to gen2 (and then back to gen1 if you really want to)

Will that fix my Clockwork Mod problem? I mean, is it safe, or is there a chance of a brick?

Guest Amphoras

Will that fix my Clockwork Mod problem? I mean, is it safe, or is there a chance of a brick?

It will probably fix the Clockwork problem as well. ROM Manager probably flashed a Gen 2 recovery when you tried to update it, so it doesn't work on your Gen 1 phone which is why you can't get into recovery. There's always a chance something might go wrong and brick your phone, but if you make sure your phone is well charged, and follow the instructions properly then you should be fine.

Guest neethree

I just rolled back to the oldest version of ClockworkMod and guess what. It worked! I'll probably upgrade to Gen 2 now or attempt to flash an older version of CM7. Either way, thanks a bunch for helping me out! I will re-post when I'm done with this.