a silly question..

Guest shharisree

Guest plegdroid

I've asked this question before, officialy it's 8meg,but because our roms( custom) are based on the blade which can take 32meg,with a custom can we actually use a 32meg card?

Guest equiliym

I've asked this question before, officialy it's 8meg,but because our roms( custom) are based on the blade which can take 32meg,with a custom can we actually use a 32meg card?

well i read a while ago on i think russian site racer can get up to 32gb but everything else says 8gb.. not sure but i think putting 32gigs just might make phone a bit slower becase of read cache size or something

Guest plegdroid

well i read a while ago on i think russian site racer can get up to 32gb but everything else says 8gb.. not sure but i think putting 32gigs just might make phone a bit slower becase of read cache size or something

would read cache, be the same as cache memory, as if this was the case, I dare say you'd need a custom tpt to change the layout of the partition sizes like with the blade/ skate where that can be changed to a higher meg cache meg size partition to accomadate. or am I way off on what iam thinking? :)

Current SDHC cards have 32gb of size (max). Probably the stock 2.1 rom doesn't support that, but any custom rom with android 2.3 should work.

There should be no difference in phone performance with a 4gb or 32gb card (if they are from the same class of speed).

The cache partition is not used to cache sdcard reads/writes (we use RAM for that, much faster). Cache partition is pretty useless on CM7 rom's.

Guest plegdroid

Current SDHC cards have 32gb of size (max). Probably the stock 2.1 rom doesn't support that, but any custom rom with android 2.3 should work.

There should be no difference in phone performance with a 4gb or 32gb card (if they are from the same class of speed).

The cache partition is not used to cache sdcard reads/writes (we use RAM for that, much faster). Cache partition is pretty useless on CM7 rom's.

hiya Tigtex ,thank you. so that's really good news. were not constrained just to a 8meg limit on sdcard choice. excuse my ignorance, but out of a genuine wanting to learn, why is the cache useless on a cm7 rom?

always thankful for your input.

:)

Well, the cache partition was used on stock rom's, to store downloaded apk's before installing them (that's why angrybirds doesn't install with your stock rom, it doesn't fit the cache partition). Cyanogenmod has a system link (shortcut) that redirects every file from the cache partition to the data partition. That means that the cache partition never has any file on it.

I think that only clockworkmod uses that /cache partition, to store logs. You can use root explorer for example and see the /cache. it has 2 links (dalvik cache and downloads) and one recovery folder with logs.

• 9 months later...
Guest MiStAkEmSk

Hi there everyone,

sorry for resurrecting this old thread but i'm going to buy a MicroSD for my Racer so i wanted to know if anyone tried anything above the 8GB officially stated.

Thanks in advance.

Guest MiStAkEmSk

i've just ordered a 32GB SanDisk MicroSD from Amazon, as soon as i receive it i'll report if it works or not so that anyone looking for this kind of info will know.

• 2 weeks later...