MoDaCo is undergoing planned maintenance. Site functionality may be reduced - follow @modaco or @paulobrien on Twitter for updates.

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software
      Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)

CUSTOM ROMS

You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not be hosted directly in topic via the MoDaCo attachment system
      ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)
      ROMs must give full credit to the original author
      This decision has been taken in light of the huge amount of interest in this area of device customisation within the community, and member feedback! Please note that custom ROM discussion should be kept in specific device sub-areas, (e.g. Kaiser.MoDaCo.com for Kaiser based devices). ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact me directly via PM. P
    • Support MoDaCo by signing up to a MoDaCo Silver or Gold membership

To sign up to an annual MoDaCo Silver subscription which will eliminate all ads from the site (as well as giving you access to the MoDaCo Online Kitchens for Android) for only £9.99 using PayPal, Credit or Debit Card, ensure you are logged in to the site, and then click the link below, which will take you directly to the subscription store! You can also sign up to an annual MoDaCo Gold subscription for £29.99, which adds the benefits listed below! PURCHASE A MODACO SUBSCRIPTION - FREE Titanium Backup Mobile for Android worth $5.99! - FREE 1 year PrivateInternetAccess.com worth $39.95! - FREE 1 year LastPass Premium worth $12! - FREE CalcConvert for Pocket PC from Binaryfish worth $17.95! - FREE Calendar Bar for Pocket PC from OmegaOne worth $9.99! - FREE CamerAware for Pocket PC and Smartphone from MoDaCo worth £19.99 / $30! - FREE Chronos for Pocket PC from ActiveKitten worth $14.95! - FREE CodeWallet Pro for Smartphone and Pocket PC from DeveloperOne worth up to $24.95! - FREE Concentrix for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE FlexMail for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE FTouchSL for Pocket PC from Vekoff s.r.o. worth 10 euro / $12.50! - FREE Jewel Challenge for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE John Cody's Alerts Pro for Smartphone from Omnisoft worth $14.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Dutch for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> French for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> German for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Italian for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Spanish for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Dutch for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> French for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> German for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Russian for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Turkish for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE Note2Self for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $19.90! - FREE Opera 8.60 for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Opera Software worth up to $48! - FREE Pocket Informant for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE Pocket Launcher for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Conduits worth $9.95! - FREE PTab for Pocket PC and Smartphone from z4soft worth up to $60! - FREE Resco Explorer for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Resco worth up to $49.90! - FREE Safemode for Pocket PC from monocube worth $12.95 - FREE SplashPhoto for Pocket PC and Smartphone from SplashData worth up to $59.90! - FREE Sprite Backup for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Sprite Software worth $29.95! - FREE Teksoft Glyphs UI for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €9.95! - FREE Teksoft HeadsetRemote for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €4.95! - FREE Traffic Jam for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE unlock (1 per year) from imei-check.co.uk - DISCOUNT of 10% at MoDaCo FairDeal - DISCOUNT of 10% at Semsons.com - FORUM - AD FREE SITE - FORUM - custom rank / title - FORUM - double competition entries - FORUM - double post attachment space - FORUM - no search flood control - FORUM - priority event registration - FORUM - triple PM space
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspensions / ban.

[ROM] Cyanogenmod 9 (Android 4.0.3)

1354 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

quite excited now as i'm getting the boot animation so it must have worked. will flash superuser and gapps then go off and get stuck in to it - i did try the super-early version from the dev thread and even at that stage i was quite impressed, so i'm eager to see what it's like with hardware acceleration enabled.

no camera isn't a massive hardship at the moment either :)

Posted · Report post

PowerAMP does not work. I tried 1.4, and 2.0Beta. The program installed but this FC-ing everytime.

Can somebody get work PowerAMP?

The latest full version of Poweramp from the market works great for me.

Specifically, Poweramp 2.0.4-build-467 and Full Version Unlocker 1.1 build-12

Posted · Report post

superuser installed and working fine, just flashing gapps. (this isn't a play by play update mind !!)

it seems a teeny, teeny bit laggy in some areas but then that's absolutely not a complaint - i'm aware it's an alpha version and all that entails.

on the whole it's looking very good so far though. might even adopt it as my main rom for the next few days and see how we go.

Posted · Report post

Works well, the only thing that isn't listed as working is Youtube.

Browser, youtube, gapps. They need to be fixed first and i'll jump on as a tester.

Posted · Report post

I'm impressed at how well the graphics work - the animations that work properly are much smoother than gingerbread.

Posted · Report post

titanium backup doesn't appear to work either - installs fine but doesn't restore anything.

wifi seems to lock up for me - only really gets going again after a reboot

Posted · Report post

Any idea how I can check (from within my phone) which partition I have? I know I'm Gen2, but not sure whether it's 'new' enough :P

Posted · Report post

it seemed to work for me but i couldnt get wifi working so im going back to my old rom!

Posted (edited) · Report post

titanium backup doesn't appear to work either - installs fine but doesn't restore anything.

wifi seems to lock up for me - only really gets going again after a reboot

Mostly working fine for me (pro version). It seems unable to restore tasker though. But tasker does a lot of system stuff and I'm not sure if its ICS compatible yet.

Everything else I've thrown at it so far as worked. ADW.Ex seems pretty smooth on it too

Edited by targetbsp

Posted · Report post

stuck already 10 mins at startup screen (some flashing colours :P)

anyone an idea?

Posted · Report post

cm9+gaapps AOSP =cool

Posted · Report post

You have to wait. Initial startup takes a very long time

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk

Posted · Report post

I'm having problem with syncing my calendar, worked with AOSP ICS update 16. I'm on 210 mb system, gen 2.

Anyone else having this?

Posted · Report post

caller work good with gappsAOSP

Posted · Report post

Gallery working from here. Loving the new boot screen.

Posted · Report post

my mobile booting 10 minute ago. going to work?

Posted · Report post

I will edit the first post. I will add how to TPT to gen2 160mb or more. Does anything else is missing from the first post as well? 160mb is enough for this ROM.

Posted · Report post

Works well, the only thing that isn't listed as working is Youtube.

Browser, youtube, gapps. They need to be fixed first and i'll jump on as a tester.

thanks! fixed! i btw i said some google apps may not work :)

Posted · Report post

I will edit the first post. I will add how to TPT to gen2 160mb or more. Does anything else is missing from the first post as well? 160mb is enough for this ROM.

160mb system partition enough for the full GAPPS?

Posted · Report post

Gallery works for me! all i did was take a screenshot and gallery workd! ill test to c if the media side of things e.g. camera got kickstarted and WORK!

Posted · Report post

Gallery working at me too. But superuser doesnt. I can install it, but SU cannot be updated :(

160mb system partition enough for the full GAPPS?

I don't know. My classmate uses this ROM with 160mb system, but i don't know if he installed GAPPS or not.. Gapps is big, i would go for the 210 mb system.

First post updated! If I missed something..just say it :)

Edited by Zunex

how are people finding wifi ? i've gone back to sej's CM7 kang for now, but i think I want to give this another go ..

oh, and dsp manager kept FC'ing for me when i tried it

Edited by hankhandsome

Posted · Report post

how are people finding wifi ? i've gone back to sej's CM7 kang for now, but i think I want to give this another go ..

oh, and dsp manager kept FC'ing for me when i tried it

i had to restart wi-fi..now it works great! DSP manager also works fine here :/ did you format system and boot in recovery after cache and data wipe?

Posted · Report post

Im currently running Fish'N'Chips RLS2 and it's running flawlessy but i'm wondering if i should flash this ROM. But i have one concern.

Is it the YouTube app that isn't working? Because if it's the YouTube app that isn't working, then you could go to the mobile version of YouTube, in a web browser, ey?