Does no one else get pissed of by low memory?

Guest dj9928

Its really pissing me of, I have about 20 apps max and constantly get the low memory warning, the 16GB SD card proves to be next to useless. Download an update you get the warning, do anything you get the warning,

Guest gitf@ce

Its really pissing me of, I have about 20 apps max and constantly get the low memory warning, the 16GB SD card proves to be next to useless. Download an update you get the warning, do anything you get the warning,

I've got a total of 151 Apps on mine (84 user) and still have 112MB of memory to spare using Links2SD. The only trade off is my boot time has doubled, I have no problems or slow downs otherwise. Great app... give it a try!

Guest Skate Away

Move your apps to the SD card:

Settings>Applications>Manage applications

Click on the downloaded tab (top left)

Click on an app, then 'move to SD card'

- Some apps can't be moved

- some can but won't work if you do (my battery widget)

- some can be but will be annoying if you mount the SD card often (live wallpapers) as you'll have to keep turning them back on...

Edited by Skate Away

Guest Redstarr1

Move your apps to the SD card:

Settings>Applications>Manage applications

Click on the downloaded tab (top left)

Click on an app, then 'move to SD card'

- Some apps can't be moved

- some can but won't work if you do (my battery widget)

- some can be but will be annoying if you mount the SD card often (live wallpapers) as you'll have to keep turning them back on...

You shouldn't move widgets to your SD-card, if you connect to pc they will break. The same with live wallpapers I guess.

Also, the built-in option to move apps to SD is worthless. FIrst of all you can't move all apps, it depends on the developer supporting this. Also often only two thirds of the app is moved to the SD-card, so you still use a lot of memory on the phone. The SD-card on a Android-phone is really only intended to save pictures, music and videos. Apps are supposed to be installed on your internal memory, but that's where Link2SD comes in. It replaces the apps on your phone with links to the real files on the SD-card. You have to format and create an extra drive and your card though.

I'm really happy using Link2SD, you need root acces, but it's the only real way I came across to save a lot of space on your phone. Check tillaz's guide on this forum. Sometimes I get a "read-only filesystem"-error when using Link2SD, but a quick reboot usually fixes that. I have 30 user apps right now (not a 100 but who needs that many apps) and still about 100MB of free memory.