How tt boot into recovery

Guest kippertoffee

Guest kippertoffee

Hello,

I've managed to successfully unlock my san francisco ii, thanks to the excellent tutorials. I installed the first de-branded ROM I could get my hands on, but the keyboard is working badly - it seems to misplace my touch. Unfortunately, even though "enable USB debugging" is turned on, this ROM does not seem to have really turned it on, thus I cannot reboot into recovery using adb.

So, is there another way I can reboot this phone into recovery to install a new ROM?

Thanks a lot.

Pete.

Guest Reider59

You really need get into Recovery, maybe do a factory/data clear, clear cache , select advanced (at the bottom) and clear the Dalvik Cache. From there on in you need to do 2 things;

(1) Flash the ROM

(2) Flash the SF II Kernel.zip

its the kernel zip that will or should line up your keyboard. At the moment its using the Vivacity keyboard and the two are different. Only after doing the 2 things one after each other should you restart the phone. The first page of this thread has the link to the SanFran2Kernel .zip file, so you want it and the Crescent.zip file on the SD card ready to use. This is the link, go to page 1 and read it carefully. You shouldn`t need to repeat the unlock.

http://android.modac...d-now-complete/

You want >>>>> the Crescent.zip AND the SanFran2Kernel.zip <<<<<

You can wait for more experienced people to post but this is what you`ll end up doing to put the situation right. I did the same thing so don`t worry. I repeated it and did both things, its now working perfectly and I`ve swapped ROMS a few times since and back again. Just now I`m trying the Fish N Chips ROM, once again I used the SF II Kernel.zip file as well as the ROM file because its Vivacity based. That page has instructions to get into Recovery but I downloaded ROM Manager and in a couple of clicks it takes me there too.

Steve

Edited by Reider59

Guest kippertoffee

Thanks for that, it was very helpful.

So I have managed to boot into recovery now, using ROM Manager. Unfortunately it is a very old version of CW recovery and doesn't allow me to flash more than one zip file (it only allows update.zip). Also, I tried to flash the crescent.zip off the other page but it rejected it, saying something about the "signature verification failed". Oddly, I also tried to re-flash the ROM I have installed already and it does the same.

So I thought I'd flash a new recovery image, but the ROM I have installed does not seem to let me use USB debugging, so I cannot use adb and fastboot with the phone. I have tried with 2 computers and it works with neither.

I seem to be in a bit of a stick. I can't flash a new ROM, which would enable me use USB debuggin, and I can flash a new recovery image.

Bollocks :)

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Thanks a lot,

Pete.

You really need get into Recovery, maybe do a factory/data clear, clear cache , select advanced (at the bottom) and clear the Dalvik Cache. From there on in you need to do 2 things;

(1) Flash the ROM

(2) Flash the SF II Kernel.zip

its the kernel zip that will or should line up your keyboard. At the moment its using the Vivacity keyboard and the two are different. Only after doing the 2 things one after each other should you restart the phone. The first page of this thread has the link to the SanFran2Kernel .zip file, so you want it and the Crescent.zip file on the SD card ready to use. This is the link, go to page 1 and read it carefully. You shouldn`t need to repeat the unlock.

http://android.modac...d-now-complete/

You want >>>>> the Crescent.zip AND the SanFran2Kernel.zip <<<<<

You can wait for more experienced people to post but this is what you`ll end up doing to put the situation right. I did the same thing so don`t worry. I repeated it and did both things, its now working perfectly and I`ve swapped ROMS a few times since and back again. Just now I`m trying the Fish N Chips ROM, once again I used the SF II Kernel.zip file as well as the ROM file because its Vivacity based. That page has instructions to get into Recovery but I downloaded ROM Manager and in a couple of clicks it takes me there too.

Steve

Guest kippertoffee

OK, I have fixed it by re-doing the unlock FTM-screen procedure and installing the crescent rom and OSF kernel as you recommended. Seems to be working well so far.

Thanks a lot.

Guest Reider59

OK, I have fixed it by re-doing the unlock FTM-screen procedure and installing the crescent rom and OSF kernel as you recommended. Seems to be working well so far.

Thanks a lot.

You`re welcome, just enjoy it and have a Happy New Year knowing that little job is now behind you.

Steve