• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

64GB SDXC Working in Monte Carlo

11 posts in this topic

Posted

So my HTC Desire finally packed up at the end of last week and I decided I'd had enough and bought a Monte Carlo from Argos, to cover me for 6 months until next giffgaff payback. Anyhow I've been pretty impressed with the phone so far and it may last me a fair bit longer. I'd previously used a 64GB Micro SDXC card in my Desire so thought I'd give it a try in the Monte Carlo and it works!

It's formatted as FAT32 with an EXT partition for Link2SD and all is well. No more need for those old ipods anymore :D

Posted

So my HTC Desire finally packed up at the end of last week and I decided I'd had enough and bought a Monte Carlo from Argos, to cover me for 6 months until next giffgaff payback. Anyhow I've been pretty impressed with the phone so far and it may last me a fair bit longer. I'd previously used a 64GB Micro SDXC card in my Desire so thought I'd give it a try in the Monte Carlo and it works!

It's formatted as FAT32 with an EXT partition for Link2SD and all is well. No more need for those old ipods anymore :D

Nice one, i expected it would work since they also work on the blade. How mutch did you pay that SD isnt it about 200€

http://android.modaco.com/topic/349203-blade-microsdxc-capability/

Posted

It was £88 from Amazon. Kind of strange as the phone was £90 from Argos!

Posted

Memory cards with new tech always cost a fair bit good to know it works though, wonder what the max capacity it could take is?

Posted

Memory cards with new tech always cost a fair bit good to know it works though, wonder what the max capacity it could take is?

64GB is the highest they make (i think) But normally the ZTE skate should only go to 32gb

Posted

64GB is the highest they make (i think) But normally the ZTE skate should only go to 32gb

128gb is the highest currently available, although I doubt anyone fancies buying one 'just to test' at the prices they are, heh. Also I noticed on wikipedia it stated linux based systems that support sdhc can also support sdxc as long as it uses the same file system. Android is based on linux of course, so perhaps that explains it.

Posted

I thought 64GB was the highest available in micro sdxc at the moment? In theory sdxc supports up to 2tb although that may be a while until we see them that big.

My card has 2.45GB free at the moment and is working fine. Not sure how well it would index a 2tb card.

Posted

Lexar have released a 128gb sdxc.

Posted

I have the 128gb in skate it works

Posted

Name, Link to your SD cards please...

Posted

I only payed £49 for my phone from Cash Generator and my 64gb micro sdcard only cost me £25 from Cex Game Exchange