[Development][ROM] Stock FROYO + 2.6.32 kernel

Guest pier11

I have replaced libaudiopolicy.so with the CM 6.2 clean one. Sound level now normal.

I have replaced libloc_api.so with the CM 6.2 clean one. GPS is now faster and the icon is hidden when GPS is not in use.

gps.conf is missing in this rom, so I've added one with the following content:

NTP_SERVER=hu.pool.ntp.org

XTRA_SERVER_1=http://xtra1.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin

XTRA_SERVER_2=http://xtra2.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin

XTRA_SERVER_3=http://xtra3.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin

SUPL_HOST=supl.google.com

SUPL_PORT=7276

You can replace "hu.pool.ntp.org" with one that is better match with your area.

You can use dr.flo's method to set mac address.

The only Issue that remains is the keypad lights.

Anyway I think this will be the ROM I will use for the rest of the time I will use this phone.

Guest pier11

Anyway I think this will be the ROM I will use for the rest of the time I will use this phone.

Thanks for your findings!

This is how Pulse community should work.

I will check when I have time and update the rom with the latest developments.

you can enable keypad lights if you want by changing in build.prop

*opta=177

But you will loose not working wifi hotspot config menu option and obtain "MetroWeb" label for browser :)

In the settings, search for network doesn't find any network. So I cannot set what network the phone should use.

Maybe because um840 is an EV-DO phone?

I don't try this settings for a while, so i don't know if it works on cm 6.2 or 7.2.

Edited by rhen

Guest dr.flo

You can use dr.flo's method to set mac address.

I will check when I have time and update the rom with the latest developments.

Anyone knows how to turn on bluetooth on command line? Something like

echo 1 > /somewhere/bluetooth/power

It works on some other devices, but I don't know where our bluetooth power switch is hidden in the file system. The idea is that a script or compiled command line executable could turn on bluetooth, query the bluetooth mac (command: bdaddr, but bluetooth must be ON), then add +1 to that mac, then write calculated mac to softmac file. A kind of AutoSetMac.... Could even be called by init.d script on boot (and act only once, on softmac file absence)....

Anyone knows how to turn on bluetooth on command line? Something like

echo 1 > /somewhere/bluetooth/power

It works on some other devices, but I don't know where our bluetooth power switch is hidden in the file system. The idea is that a script or compiled command line executable could turn on bluetooth, query the bluetooth mac (command: bdaddr, but bluetooth must be ON), then add +1 to that mac, then write calculated mac to softmac file. A kind of AutoSetMac.... Could even be called by init.d script on boot (and act only once, on softmac file absence)....

I tried two possible file:

/sys/devices/platform/bluesleep/power/wakeup

and

/sys/devices/platform/bt_power.0/power/wakeup

I tried the command you mentioned, but both is return "sh: echo: write error: Invalid argument "

Guest skykilla

If to replace these two files

egl.cfg and libGLES_android.so

from 2.1 that LiveWallpapers will be

before the first switching-off of

the screen

Guest pier11

the screen

Interesting!

What will happen if take the same files from CM6.2 ? (as that is nearly the same froyo...)

EDIT:

as I remember somebody played with live wallpapers on CM6 and found it working... (That CM6 just merely missed live wallpaper chooser app)

Edited by pier11

the screen

If you use this lib and cfg, the 2D/3D performance is remains the same?

Guest pier11

If you use this lib and cfg, the 2D/3D performance is remains the same?

egl.cfg is not different, just checked.

libGLES_android.so is a software renderer (built from source in CMx)

libGLES_qcom.so is a hardware accelerated renderer (proprietary file)

AFAIK.

Edited by pier11

egl.cfg is not different, just checked.

libGLES_android.so is a software renderer (built from source in CMx)

libGLES_qcom.so is a hardware accelerated renderer (proprietary file)

AFAIK.

I don't know, I leave the original one as I don't need live wallpaper.

There are other things that is annoying me. If I watch logcat, the following errors appears:

Continuously when wifi is on:

Error QC-DSS-LIB 1188 unrecognized ifindex 10

20:58:33.366 Error dun_service 1199  received event: DUN_EVENT_RMNET_DOWN

20:58:33.367 Error dun_service 1199  received event(DUN_EVENT_RMNET_DOWN) in state(DUN_STATE_USB_UNPLUG)

20:58:33.367 Error dun_service 1199  Ignoring the event DUN_EVENT_RMNET_DOWN in USB_UNPLUG_STATE

20:58:33.367 Error dun_service 1199  Moved to state(DUN_STATE_USB_UNPLUG)

20:58:33.367 Error dun_service 1199  process rmnet event

20:58:33.367 Error dun_service 1199  Post event 3
When data is transfered over mobile network:
Error dun_service 1199  The value returned from dun_getusbmodemstate_fromsys is 1

20:58:33.366 Error dun_service 1199  received event: DUN_EVENT_RMNET_DOWN

20:58:33.367 Error dun_service 1199  received event(DUN_EVENT_RMNET_DOWN) in state(DUN_STATE_USB_UNPLUG)

20:58:33.367 Error dun_service 1199  Ignoring the event DUN_EVENT_RMNET_DOWN in USB_UNPLUG_STATE

20:58:33.367 Error dun_service 1199  Moved to state(DUN_STATE_USB_UNPLUG)

20:58:33.367 Error dun_service 1199  process rmnet event

20:58:33.367 Error dun_service 1199  Post event 1
Every minute:
Error Tethering 1534 attempting to remove unknown iface (usb0), ignoring

ifindex event code and pid may vary.

I didn't find anything that could be helpful to eliminate this errors.

How should I start to debug it?

I have replaced libaudiopolicy.so with the CM 6.2 clean one. Sound level now normal.

Do you have problems with outgoing and incoming calls? Cause when I replaced those files, I got no sound input or output on calls. :/

Guest lloco73

Do you have problems with outgoing and incoming calls? Cause when I replaced those files, I got no sound input or output on calls. :/

Same happened to me. returned to a backup and then replaced only libloc_api.so.

Happened to me once on yesterday. I see that the bug also appears in Styx rom. Maybe because twrock use CM6 clean as a base and I also used the CM6 libaudiopolicy.so.

I'll try libaudiopolicy.so from other sources. The initial sound problem caused by this. You can see in logcat that original libaudiopolicy.so fail on boot.

Edited by rhen

Happened to me once on yesterday. I see that the bug also appears in Styx rom. Maybe because twrock use CM6 clean as a base and I also used the CM6 libaudiopolicy.so.

I'll try libaudiopolicy.so from other sources. The initial sound problem caused by this. You can see in logcat that original libaudiopolicy.so fail on boot.

I'll try random libs (even from FLB2) but later, cause right now I need the phone.

I don't know if this bug was reported but on this rom u can't search manually for network provider. Only automatically. It's not that big of a deal but sometimes I go near the border and it transfers me to another country network.

I don't know if this bug was reported but on this rom u can't search manually for network provider. Only automatically. It's not that big of a deal but sometimes I go near the border and it transfers me to another country network.

I reported it yesterday.

Logcat doesn't indicate error or warning while trying to search for network.

Guest desalesouche

I don't know if this bug was reported but on this rom u can't search manually for network provider. Only automatically.

i have the same thing .even on styx-32-20120307b

Guest lloco73

I don't know if this bug was reported but on this rom u can't search manually for network provider. Only automatically.

i have the same thing .even on styx-32-20120307b

replaced libril.so from cm7.2 and now i can search network manually.

Guest twrock

Unless I am mistaken, the Ascend 2.2 rom has the same libaudiopolicy.so as UM840. But the file in CM6 differs from those two.

Edited by twrock

Guest pier11

from cm9 that LiveWallpapers work

Experimented a bit with that idea and can say:

1. No need to replace libGLES_android.so from cm9. It is counterproductive in fact. With that file I'm getting about 14 Fps, while with native one I'm getting 29 Fps 2D performance (measured by Fps2D app).

2. Same effect can be easily achieved by commenting out line in egl.cfg:

#0 1 qcom

This helps live wallpapers, but effectively disables hardware acceleration...

As an idea to try - replace libGLES_android.so in cm9 from one in this rom! If works it might give 2 times faster UI in cm9 :)

Edited by pier11

Guest pier11

further to live wallpaper topic,

if replace libGLES_qcom.so (the one responsible for hardware acceleration) from original Pulse's Eclair (GL 1.0, not 1.1),

then all live wallpapers will work with hardware acceleration. (Only Nexus wallpaper will not work).

Guest pier11

Please test this lib from Htc Magic' froyo.

It brings audio levels back to normal,

but check if it's not causing problems with voice disappearing when on call, as the case with cm6 lib.

libaudiopolicy.so_Magic.zip

Edited by pier11

Guest twrock

Please test this lib from Htc Magic' froyo.

It brings audio levels back to normal,

but check if it's not causing problems with voice disappearing when on call, as the case with cm6 lib.

Are we still "guessing" that libaudiopolicy.so is the cause of the dropped sound, or is there a reason to be sure of this?

I haven't had the problem since moving to your .32 kernel, so I'm really not sure of anything myself.

Also, there is something else I've noticed. No matter what the build.prop setting is for ro.telephony.default_network, and even what I set it to before a reboot, it always boots into "GSM/CDMA auto (PRL)". This setting is a problem for me. It causes my phone to disconnect from the network when I move between cell towers (i.e. go to work) even though is shows it is connected on my screen. I receive no calls. So, as soon as I boot, I have to go in and manually change to 2G (GSM) or 3G (WCDMA preferred). I mention all of that to say that when I experienced dropped sound previously, I had not switched off of "GSM/CDMA auto (PRL)".

Just something else to consider while looking at this puzzle.