Help, Lg otptimus 2x won't boot after trying to install custom rom

Guest Kicko

Hi, I tryed to install a custom rom usig this guide (I problably shouldnt have done his in the first place)

I used "rom manger" to reboot in recovery and install the zip and now when I turn on the phone it keeps restarting and doesn't boot. Can someone please help me?? Is the anything I can do?

You mean I had to format something? These are the steps I followed...

• Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your SD card (/sdcard/_ExternalSD) - you must used a physical microSD card!
  • Restart your device in recovery mode
  • PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU
  • Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to your memory card - you MUST use a physical microSD card!

It does get to the "modaco splash screen" so it did install something! Is there anything I can do now?

You might want to take a look at this part of the instructions.

Requirements

In order to use this ROM you must have ClockworkMod Recovery installed - see my ClockworkMod Beta post for details.

0725 V20l baseband is recommended, available in this topic.

The ROM is installed at your own risk. The ROM should be installed using ClockworkMod. A wipe IS required unless you are coming from another Gr4 or Gr5 build. If you are coming from an EXT4 ROM and using an EXT3 bake (or either of the prebakes), you need to convert back to EXT3 first using this tool.

You might want to take a look at this part of the instructions.

Requirements

In order to use this ROM you must have ClockworkMod Recovery installed - see my ClockworkMod Beta post for details.

0725 V20l baseband is recommended, available in this topic.

The ROM is installed at your own risk. The ROM should be installed using ClockworkMod. A wipe IS required unless you are coming from another Gr4 or Gr5 build. If you are coming from an EXT4 ROM and using an EXT3 bake (or either of the prebakes), you need to convert back to EXT3 first using this tool.

Yes, I noticed the EXT3 part now, I did install ClockworkMod Recovery . But now it's useless since I can't get to it!

I guess I was over-worried because it was 3 in the morning here and mi head wasn't working to well. The morning after I fixed the problem (with a little help) in 5 minutes and installed the "thanatos" rom, I quite pleased with it so I'm just going to keep this one fon a while now! Thanks any way for your answer! I'm sorry if I botherd forum members!