[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest Bromancer

If there's somebody out there with some time to waste and has managed to get Pdroid patcher working, could you be so kind as to provide a patched zip?

I would have done that myself but haven't managed to get that patcher to work on any of several Windows and Linux installations at hand and the guesswork related to why it doesn't work fully is pretty much "you must be trying to patch an odexed ROM" :/

After running SS RLS3 with Pdroid for a few days, I'm starting to wish every ROM included it by default :)

Guest d_borghi

No such issue with this ROM. If you can wake your phone from those buttons, you have installed something that keeps it awake. Install Better Battery Stats to see what's keeping wakelocks.

I think you have to use the andorko's 0.6 (RDS) version for the workaround to work. This ROM has 0.5 (non-RDS) version included. You can uninstall it first using e.g. Titanium Backup.

Have you read the first post? You can find one dialer with facebook sync and another with T9. Putting CM7 T9 dialer to a non-CM7 ROM caused too many many issues, so you can't have both at the same time. RLS4 has older non-T9 version of CM7 dialer with facebook sync.

YESSSS!!!! i backuped fmradio, unistalled fm radio, rebooted zte; then i installed fm radio 6.0 (andorko) and viber works fine.

tahnk you very much.

bye

db

The cpu freq won't stay at the minimum when the screen is off, so it shouldn't matter whether it's 122 or 245MHz when listening to mp3's or whatever it is you're doing. The default governor and min/max frequencies are set in the kernel (though it can be changed during boot) and I think there's no reason to change those. This way everyone should be able to boot and there are some who prefer not to oc at all.

Here you can find my refined settings: Link (note: now using 200 MHz for lowest + SmartassV2)

Btw, I highly doubt you've doubled your battery life with the under volted kernel. An easy test would be to flash the stock kernel for a few days to see if it really will drain your battery that much faster. You can then flash the whole rom to get the current kernel back (I'm assuming you've not made any big changes to /system or flashing the rom again would probably mess those up). With the uv enabled kernel, we're talking about a _small_ improvement in battery life, but "even a small improvement is worth having".. (freely quoted KonstaT from somewhere :) )

I used KonstaT's Moldovan MHMP ROM before this one, and in the beginning there wasn't any undervolted kernel for it. My phone lasted about a day I had to put it on the charger every evening. This ROM and the settings above together allowed me two days now.

Battery level 82%

shot000002e.pngshot000003f.png

Guest malfare

Is it normal to have a green line at the top of the screen right upto the 2g/3g network icon ?

I think so.

And it will get shorter and shorter, change colour to orange, then to red.

An then your battery will be empty

:D

Edited by malfare

Guest alex_slx

Hi guys,

Here is Romxin theme for SS RLS4b + Circle battery

Enjoy the colors ;) download from here

Always backup before you install.

post-836644-0-54197200-1328923254_thumb. post-836644-0-65451000-1328923255_thumb. post-836644-0-23744300-1328923256_thumb.

post-836644-0-74538200-1328923256_thumb.post-836644-0-22399800-1328923257_thumb.post-836644-0-71970600-1328923257_thumb.

post-836644-0-22334000-1328923258_thumb. post-836644-0-78881200-1328923258_thumb.

I like the colorful icons, will try it, thank you mon3em. further to my favor, i would like to replace the battery icons & colors with UOT kitchen after flashing your color setting, mon3em, is it safe to do so?

EDIT: done! colored icons together with my custormised battery icon, bootanimation... looks perfect.

Edited by alex_slx

Guest Shahmatt

My brother, using an LG Optimus 2X with CM7 Kang, tells me his battery life improved by almost 50% by using the "battery saver" app. Do we know if third party software like "battery saver" or "juice defender" can further improve battery life for the blade?

Edited by Shahmatt

KonstaT, or anybody:

I would like to do my own boot animation to Swedish Snow RLS, how can it be done?

I know I can change it in UOT Kitchen, but I like to do one that is mine. Now /system/media don't show bootanimation.zip and dont allow to copy that file there either...

Guest KonstaT

Is it possible to use framework.jar from RLS3 to revert of Vol-up/down cursor movement? If possible would other new features be lost too? If you don't see any simple solution maybe yet another addon is the way to go?

Yes you can, but you'll lose disabled scrolling cache and volkey ringer switch thingy. Terminal emulator is the only app that I've come across so far that it interferes. Most of regular users don't even use terminal and most of terminal users don't use volume keys. There is already add-on that replace framework.jar (mvno) so I really wouldn't want to make another. I would have to make one for every possible combination.

new problem! sad.gif

with stock kernel i can't connect to wifi.

Did you install the add-on from the first post or just copy boot.img over? Stock kernel needs different wifi driver and it's also bundled in that add-on. Have you used titanium to restore wifi settings?

I actually used the stock kernel for some time and it shouldn't have problems connecting to wifi.

Just installed RLS4b, from RLS3, but I can't connect with Bluetooth to my TomTom 950 Live. Is there something changed with the BT-settings??

This was also on RLS3, I tested, not on RLS2.

Nothing's changed with bluetooth settings. It's actually completely stock, I haven't touched it.

Andorko workaround works like a charm...but you need to remove FM Radio 0.5 that is bundled with the ROM (via Titanium backup), and install FM Radio 0.6 (to be found here ).

As this problem is present on almost any ROM (except for the CM), I think that some of the DEVs will finally figure out what FM Radio does on startup that fixes the audio routing problem, and then replicate that action and bundle it with the ROMs... (Sorry for oversimplification of the hard work that DEVs do, but I hope it is possible)

I think it is that bug that causes battery drain in 0.6 version that works in this case in your favour. After you use the app it sort of leaves audio open. You can see this when you press volume keys in home screen. Normally they should control ringer volume but now they control media volume instead. You can also hear little click from the speaker when you turn off your phone or kill andorko's 0.6 (still, you shouldn't use task killers ;)). It sort of reminds of the time when CM7 had battery drain issues related to libaudio.so audio routing.

If you use it to re-route voip audio, take in consideration that it might also cause battery drain.

This is something that ZTE has broken and I hope they'll fix it. I can never fix it like it is fixed in CM7 because I don't have source code for this ROM.

It can be corrent, I could not find any error in it indeed, but this is unusable for me. ZTE dialer is kinda better - does not support international characters, only 26 letter english alphabet, and no way to sync FB contacts - but still far better than original CM one - at least for me!

So no one recommend me to change this original CM dialer to the T9 one? :)

You can use Contacts.apk and ContactsProvider.apk from RLS1 or M-MHMP-RLS9 if you like. There are at least five to six issues that I know of, so it won't be included as default.

Edited by KonstaT

I like the colorful icons, will try it, thank you mon3em. further to my favor, i would like to replace the battery icons & colors with UOT kitchen after flashing your color setting, mon3em, is it safe to do so?

Hey alex_slx,

It's safe to use UOT kitchen to any files with my theme. I did use UOT my self when i added the battery, so it should work fine just backup before you do it.

Thank you and hope your phone looks prettier. ;)

Good luck

Update: Romix theme for swedish snow topic >>>>> Coloring our blade

Edited by mon3em

Guest downloader50

If someone can make one I would also like just the circle battery add on and nothing else.

Green circle battery mod for Rls4b

Download here

Swedish snow rls4b green battery circle mod.zip

One report that this file causes the phone to hang on boot make a back up before installing just to be on the safe side

Edited by downloader50

Guest onericardo

I'm experiencing heavy battery drain since I switched from Swedish Spring 9.

My phone is on the charger every night. After I wake up, I pull it off the charger. 30 minutes later, the phone is at around 70%.

An hour later (30 minutes riding the bus , and 30 minutes subway (!)) when I get to work, it's already at around 30%

I did battery recalibration (twice). I checked wakelocks using Better Battery Stats, I checked settings / about / battery usage. I can't find any obvious reason for this.

I only left gmail/contacts/calendar sync on. Facebook / Twitter syncing is off. Latitude is off. I killed most running apps.

I suspect that it's related to Wi-Fi. The disconnect policy is set to 'when screen is off', but I've tried others and it doesn't help.

I'm using Y5 battery saver to switch wifi on/off based on mobile cell info. Does anyone else use this app? (I've used it with Swedish Spring previously and it worked great).

Same here!

Moldovan on my phone was getting much better battery life than in this one.

Nothing's changed with bluetooth settings. It's actually completely stock, I haven't touched it.

Strange.....deleted the BT settings in both phone and TomTom, restarted both devices, they see each other, but cannot connect. Following error, it's a Dutch device:

Error during checking telephone functions, wanna try again?

Seems there's something with the telephone functions, but what? Anybody else having problems with BT??

post-843532-0-47248700-1329050869_thumb.

Guest mrz_hun

I'm 99% sure, that the root of my battery drain issues is the Wi-Fi.

I've read that even if the wifi sleep policy is set to turn off the wifi when the screen is off delays the switch-off by 15 minutes.

Is there any way to modify this period?

Is there anyone else using Y5 battery saver?

Is it possible that it behaves differently between Swedish Spring 9 and Swedish Snow rls3 and 4?

Guest DarkCrono

I'm 99% sure, that the root of my battery drain issues is the Wi-Fi.

I've read that even if the wifi sleep policy is set to turn off the wifi when the screen is off delays the switch-off by 15 minutes.

Is there any way to modify this period?

Is there anyone else using Y5 battery saver?

Is it possible that it behaves differently between Swedish Spring 9 and Swedish Snow rls3 and 4?

I doubt it, I'm using my wifi aways on when I'm at home (10 hours), with gapps synchronization and fb all the time, and it lasts 2 days.

So it's checking my mail, and I'm surfing modaco's forum everytime someone posts. Plus calls, etc.

KonstaT, or anybody:

I would like to do my own boot animation to Swedish Snow RLS, how can it be done?

I know I can change it in UOT Kitchen, but I like to do one that is mine. Now /system/media don't show bootanimation.zip and don't allow to copy that file there either...

Up. Konsta, mitä on tehtävissä?

Guest youngsta2010

Download ES File Explorer free from market, run app, go into settings and enable root explorer and change to allow write to /system/, copy bootanimation.zip to /system/media/, reboot.

Guest KonstaT

Up. Konsta, mitä on tehtävissä?

There is no bootanimation.zip in /system/media because there isn't bootanimation to begin with. It's the right place to copy one though. You have to use advanced file manager (e.g. root explorer) that can mount /system writable to copy it there. You can also copy it into ROM zip before flashing. Or use terminal:

su
sysrw
cp /sdcard/yourbootanimation.zip /system/media/bootanimation.zip
sysro
[/code]

Edited by KonstaT