[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

I've installed your ROM (SS 4b), it is very good indeed, but it has some translation errors for pt-PT (Portuguese of Portugal). So, I've corrected most of them on the following files: framework-res.apk, Settings.apk, QuickPanelSettings.apk..

Thanks, there already were some fixed pt-PT translations but those were scattered along few posts. This will be much easier to include. :)

Hey konstaT. did you get any reply from Zte? It was short and sweet for me. They said 'sorry, source code is not available to provide' and that was it, end of email.

I'm not sure what that means. If its out on phones, then it should be available.

They haven't responded yet, it's only been some days I emailed them though. At least I didn't get some automatized generic reply, so hopefully it got forwarded to someone who understands english/knows about these things.

hi konstat

i recently flashed Swedish-Snow-RLS4b rom via clockworkmod 5.0.2.0 to my zte blade but i always get a toast message saying radio denied superuser permission whenever i turn on the phone or when i reboot.The worst part is that when i enter my sim card 4 digit pin the phone reboots while unlocking the sim card.after rebooting i enter the pin again and immedeitely i press ok to verify the pin the phone just reboots and this goes on and on.

What add-ons did you install? If you install ZTE dialer or Toggle2G add-ons, you should also do a full wipe. Sounds like you have installed Toggle2G and haven't granted it superuser permissions.

Is there a way to disable the animation when the screen goes off?

Can I remove somehow the clock from notifycation bar like CM7?

Yes, by editing framework-res.apk.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest T.Verhoeven

I would like to thank you for your answer. And what about this?

And I would like to know if there is a possibility to add a music widget to the lockscreen. And if you can enable 4 bars or gestures on the lockscreen.

Guest Sheshnag

Have you tried swiping your finger over the sensor ? mine shows fail and yes instead off yes and no but it works fine

downloaded zte prox calib app and used it then doing this it works!!

Hi i have an Idea India branded Zte Blade and installed Swedish Snow RLS4b and found everything working including the camera. But when i turned on the phone after switching off, the touchscreen stopped responding, while earlier when i restarted there was no problem.

I then flashed the Swedish Stock kernel for the release and touch started working again. But now i don't have the option to Overclock. Could you please help thanks.

Guest youngsta2010

Is there a way to disable the animation when the screen goes off?

Edit:

And I would like to know if there is a possibility to add a music widget to the lockscreen. And if you can enable 4 bars or gestures on the lockscreen.

If you mean the CRT animation you can also go into display settings, choose Animation and set it to No animations. This will disable all animations though. Also Poweramp has a lockscreen widget.

Is anyone else having problems with grid lines on YouTube videos? When it's in portrait there's no lines but as soon as I rotate to full screen I get grid lines, it's not on all videos but most of them. I had this problem with Swedish Spring but Moldovan was fine. If I can take fullscreen video screenshots with ddms I'll post them, the power menu screenshot just gives a black image. Any ideas anyone?

Strange.....deleted the BT settings in both phone and TomTom, restarted both devices, they see each other, but cannot connect. Following error, it's a Dutch device:

Error during checking telephone functions, wanna try again?

Seems there's something with the telephone functions, but what? Anybody else having problems with BT??

BT still not working....wiped the complete rom downloaded it again (had the tpt method) and re-flashed it, but still the same error. Can anybody test with tt 950 live? Otherwise i'll have to go back to rsl9. Can there be changed in the telephone settings, as tomtom says there's something with the telephone functions. Or has zte changed something in the new kernel.

For the time I used the rom, i was very happy with this fast rom, but i must have bt connection in my car.

Edited by grox

Guest KonstaT

Hi i have an Idea India branded Zte Blade and installed Swedish Snow RLS4b and found everything working including the camera. But when i turned on the phone after switching off, the touchscreen stopped responding, while earlier when i restarted there was no problem.

I then flashed the Swedish Stock kernel for the release and touch started working again. But now i don't have the option to Overclock. Could you please help thanks.

Sounds like these Idea Blades are put together from left over pieces of hardware. ;) Stock kernel is provided exactly for this reason for people that have hardware issues with the the custom kernel. These issues probably won't be solved until ZTE releases valid kernel source.

It might help if you can dig out some information of what type touchscreen is used in your device. If you have ZTE dialer installed, dial *983*24474636#. You can also use ZTE Emode helper app to start Chiper Test (chip info). Post lines under TouchScreen Information.

Is anyone else having problems with grid lines on YouTube videos? When it's in portrait there's no lines but as soon as I rotate to full screen I get grid lines, it's not on all videos but most of them. I had this problem with Swedish Spring but Moldovan was fine. If I can take fullscreen video screenshots with ddms I'll post them, the power menu screenshot just gives a black image. Any ideas anyone?

There is at least this old thread of similar issue. Increasing VM heap size in build.prop might help. I think I've read reports of this issue with almost every ROM and no one seems to have any clue what's causing it.

BT still not working....wiped the complete rom downloaded it again (had the tpt method) and re-flashed it, but still the same error. Can anybody test with tt 950 live? Otherwise i'll have to go back to rsl9. Can there be changed in the telephone settings, as tomtom says there's something with the telephone functions. Or has zte changed something in the new kernel.

I've tested bluetooth with few devices that I have (other phones and computers, I don't even own a headset :P) and it works ok for me. After a quick diff, I couldn't find any difference in bluetooth files between this ROM and Moldovan. Both ROMs have completely stock BT, I have no idea what I could have done to break it in this one. ;)

anyone got transparent notification bar patched and working on this. tried system ui and framework patching to no luck :<

There should be already support for transparent notification bar, you just need to replace the statusbar background image with (semi-)transparent one. Look at this post.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest chaosfoevr

still cant get the proximity to work...... tried everythin.......dont want install stock kernal because i dont want to loose any tweaks........

anyway i can fix it????

Guest youngsta2010

There is at least this old thread of similar issue. Increasing VM heap size in build.prop might help. I think I've read reports of this issue with almost every ROM and no one seems to have any clue what's causing it.

I have the VM Heap tool installed it's set to 36 at the mo, what do think I could set it to? It goes up to 48.

Guest matje103

Hi KonsaT,

My lockscreen (and dialer) sliders display incorrectly. Maybe you could fix this in the next release, post an add-on or just tell me how to manually fix this? I added two photo's as an example. (sorry for crappy quality)

post-957519-0-99275700-1329680865_thumb. post-957519-0-63746700-1329680869_thumb.

Edited by matje103

Guest KonstaT

I have the VM Heap tool installed it's set to 36 at the mo, what do think I could set it to? It goes up to 48.

Try 48 and see if that helps. You can also manually change it by editing build.prop.

Hi KonsaT,

My lockscreen (and dialer) sliders display incorrectly. Maybe you could fix this in the next release, post an add-on or just tell me how to manually fix this? I added two photo's as an example. (sorry for crappy quality)

post-957519-0-99275700-1329680865_thumb. post-957519-0-63746700-1329680869_thumb.

You brake it, you fix it. ;)

It's because you have installed a theme (circle battery mod). Decompiling/compiling framework-res.apk with apktool breaks some of the graphics. You need to replace res/drawable-hdpi/jog_tab*.png inside /system/framework/framework-res.apk with the original graphics.

Guest matje103

You brake it, you fix it. ;)

It's because you have installed a theme (circle battery mod). Decompiling/compiling framework-res.apk with apktool breaks some of the graphics. You need to replace res/drawable-hdpi/jog_tab*.png inside /system/framework/framework-res.apk with the original graphics.

Thanks, do you know if there is a program for windows that can explore apk files like astro file manager does? Astro can't seem to replace the png. in framework-res.apk , it gives me an error or force closes..

Guest goldenbolux

hi all

just bought a gen 1 orange san francisco off a friend for my daughter

she want s to be able to go on websites that use flash

i am new to the blade but have done a lot of messing with my vega

what is the best option for her

is it to update to a rom like this or is there other possibilities

also will the all in one tpt method convert my gen1 into a gen 2 and then continue to flash this rom

thanks for the help in advance

Guest Davidoff59

Regarding giffgaff with this rom, delete all the apns that you don't use and just keep the giffgaff apn. There is an app on the market that inputs the settings and removes all other apns.

Regarding proximity issue, try the proximity calibrator from the market by zte corporation. This has worked for others in your situation.

Guest vicsekm

Hi Konstat,

Fist of all great ROM. Best and smoothest I tried so far. I recommended to a few of my friends with same device, and they all said the same. My question is: Is there an easy way to display battery percentage in the status bar, without installing the circle battery mod? I don't want fancy icons, I don't want boot animations, just to see a number of the battery percent with or without any icons. I used CM7 before, and there was an option for this. I hope I didn't miss the answer if there is already one. I tried to read through the whole forum but i only found the circle battery mod with all other UOT customization.

Thanks for the answer and keep up the great work!

Guest downloader50

Hi Konstat,

Fist of all great ROM. Best and smoothest I tried so far. I recommended to a few of my friends with same device, and they all said the same. My question is: Is there an easy way to display battery percentage in the status bar, without installing the circle battery mod? I don't want fancy icons, I don't want boot animations, just to see a number of the battery percent with or without any icons. I used CM7 before, and there was an option for this. I hope I didn't miss the answer if there is already one. I tried to read through the whole forum but i only found the circle battery mod with all other UOT customization.

Thanks for the answer and keep up the great work!

Make one yourself in UOTKITCHEN it is easy to do all you need to do is unrar the rom and upload a couple of files that they mod then you download the mod and install via clockwork mod

Hi there!

I've been using this ROM for the last week and I must say that is "rocks!" :-)

I have only one issue... the camera... it works but it gives me a "yellowish" looks in the screen and if I take a photo, the colors get right but i have "scratches" all over it.

I think the camera stopped working correctly when I installed CM7 but it worked ok with a ROM I used made by wbaw but unfortunatly i don't recall the name of it "Ginger Stir" something I guess.

So... my question is... Is there a way that if I can get one of those wbaw's releases to get the camera driver and any other software needed and include it on this ROM?

Thank you in advance.

Guest jventura

Make one yourself in UOTKITCHEN it is easy to do all you need to do is unrar the rom and upload a couple of files that they mod then you download the mod and install via clockwork mod

Too much confusion..

In UOT kitchen, just upload "framework-res.apk" and "SystemUI.apk" from the original ROM, select the styles of battery/whatever to change, and pick the result zip file. Then, just use clockworkmod to install that zip, simple as that! :rolleyes:

Guest KonstaT

Thanks, do you know if there is a program for windows that can explore apk files like astro file manager does? Astro can't seem to replace the png. in framework-res.apk , it gives me an error or force closes..

Any common zip tool should do.

hi all

just bought a gen 1 orange san francisco off a friend for my daughter

she want s to be able to go on websites that use flash

i am new to the blade but have done a lot of messing with my vega

what is the best option for her

is it to update to a rom like this or is there other possibilities

also will the all in one tpt method convert my gen1 into a gen 2 and then continue to flash this rom

thanks for the help in advance

There is a hacked version of flash that works in our phones (not very good though). There is no official flash support for ARMv6 devices like our Blades. Only way to get a proper flash support is to upgrade to a better device.

TPT installation will update to gen2, repartition internal storage and install the ROM in one simple procedure.

Hi there!

I've been using this ROM for the last week and I must say that is "rocks!" :-)

I have only one issue... the camera... it works but it gives me a "yellowish" looks in the screen and if I take a photo, the colors get right but i have "scratches" all over it.

I think the camera stopped working correctly when I installed CM7 but it worked ok with a ROM I used made by wbaw but unfortunatly i don't recall the name of it "Ginger Stir" something I guess.

So... my question is... Is there a way that if I can get one of those wbaw's releases to get the camera driver and any other software needed and include it on this ROM?

Thank you in advance.

Hair on the camera lense? :D Can you post a sample photo, haven't heard from this issue before. It might be camera hardware failure if you have problems with this in other ROMs too.

Edited by KonstaT

Any common zip tool should do.

There is a hacked version of flash that works in our phones (not very good though). There is no official flash support for ARMv6 devices like our Blades. Only way to get a proper flash support is to upgrade to a better device.

TPT installation will update to gen2, repartition internal storage and install the ROM in one simple procedure.

Hair on the camera lense? :D Can you post a sample photo, haven't heard from this issue before. It might be camera hardware failure if you have problems with this in other ROMs too.

Camera lens is clean wink.gif

here's an example:

img20120220133430800x60.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

unfortunatly i no longer have the rom from wbaw... I will try to find it somewhere, if i do I'll flash it and test it.

Update: Downloading wbaw's rom that I used and last remember to have the camera working fine.

I'll flash it and send you feedback in a while (my web connection is hell slow where I am at the moment mellow.gif )