[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

Hi,

First: thanks for almoste perfect ROM

Can you update two way recording parch in kernel? Problem: the last skvalexes callrecorder detect current version reporting that my kernel is not patched or has an old patch

see also to http://forum.xda-dev...=1441643&page=2

patches are here http://code.google.c.../#svn%2Fpatches

Thanks

Nothing to update. This (nov 16th) = this (nov 6th). Maybe something wrong with the app itself?

KonstaT did you take a look at my translated script?

I don't know if is needed to convert especial characters to html codes...

Looked ok to me, thanks.

Sorry for stupid question I've lost somehow the default wallpaper (the textile droid) and I would like it back. Where could I find it in the ROM or anywhere? It is not the default wallpaper in framework-res. Thanks

framework-res.apk/res/drawable-hdpi/default_wallpaper.jpg.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

Hey Konstat,

I'm trying to enable bootsounds for your ROM but I've hit a dead end.

I have no idea and I can't understand why someone would like to add this loud and annoying feature. If there is a bootsound in a ROM, it's one of the first things I remove. There was bootsound in Triple Two Project ROM and it almost scared the sht out of me first time it started to talk chinese to me. ;)

All I know is that someone tried to add it to the gingerleak last summer and didn't succeed.

Yeah, I know the 1st rule - Do not ever ask for ETA's, but when's Rls2 coming?

I just did three quite major updates in a week. That wasn't enough? :P

Plan is to make as few updates as possible. I have now mostly added more language support/translations/dictionarys that will be included in RLS2. Still few things that I'm working on (failing atm). It depends if I succeed or when I decide to give up. It seems that there are no major bugs in RLS1 so what's the rush? Maybe sometime next week...

Are themes from moldovan mountain rsl9 compatible with this?

No.

Please fix camera deformation on 3rd party apps (QR Code readers, etc)

Care to be more specific? Or was it just trolol looool?

Tested camera360, google goggles and barcode scanner. Everything works just fine for me.

Please read this pinned topic. If you have questions, ask them in threads. Please don't PM me for tech support.

Private messages requesting help

Edited by KonstaT

Hi KonstaT,

Nice to see your work continuing here. Although for a minute I had deja vu and thought I was back in early 2011 when I saw the name of the ROM! :)

A quick question before installing: does this ROM have the bug preventing it from displaying the correct network name when roaming like in MMHMP?

This happens on a lot of ROMs, actually all of the recent one I have tried apart from apart from CM7. Wbaw thought it might be down to the Saunalahti RIL files (See bug report on xda).

If this is the case, do you have any ideas on how to get around this? CM7 doesn't have the bug - might it be possible to use something from there to bypass the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Guest KonstaT

Hi KonstaT,

Nice to see your work continuing here. Although for a minute I had deja vu and thought I was back in early 2011 when I saw the name of the ROM! :)

A quick question before installing: does this ROM have the bug preventing it from displaying the correct network name when roaming like in MMHMP?

This happens on a lot of ROMs, actually all of the recent one I have tried apart from apart from CM7. Wbaw thought it might be down to the Saunalahti RIL files (See bug report on xda).

If this is the case, do you have any ideas on how to get around this? CM7 doesn't have the bug - might it be possible to use something from there to bypass the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Probably, since I've done nothing to fix it. There is no harm other than it displays operator name incorrectly?

I doubt it's just because of the RILs. CM7 uses same files.

Can you do

getprop | grep operator
[/code] in terminal and post it here. Edit. Using this ROM, Moldovan, GSF or any ROM you have this issue. Mine is:
[code]
[gsm.sim.operator.numeric]: [24421]
[gsm.sim.operator.alpha]: [Saunalahti]
[gsm.sim.operator.iso-country]: [fi]
[gsm.operator.alpha]: [Elisa]
[gsm.operator.numeric]: [24405]
[gsm.operator.iso-country]: [fi]
[gsm.operator.isroaming]: [false]

Saunalahti is roaming in Elisa network and operator name is displayed correctly. Maybe it's problem with the SIM itself?

Edited by KonstaT

Guest cHunter

Great job, thank you very much KonstaT. In my opinion your ROM is the best for everyone who need a stable and fast phone for work. I'm testing your ROM for three days and I found only one problem. When I try to make a call with built in SIP my interlocutor doesn't hear me. A microphone in the phone seems to be off. I found that this is a known problem with built in SIP aplication which want to use only headset microphone. Unfortunately I can't find any fix for it...

Edited by cHunter

Can you do

getprop | grep operator

in terminal and post it here. Edit. Using this ROM, Moldovan, GSF or any ROM you have this issue.
OK, here are my results: I installed Swedish Snow just be be sure I get the operator name issue, and I do. With my T-Mobile UK SIM installed and connected to the T-Mobile network the phone displays "T-Mobile" (as I would expect) and getprop shows:

[gsm.sim.operator.numeric]: [23430] 

[gsm.sim.operator.alpha]: [] 

[gsm.sim.operator.iso-country]: [gb] 

[gsm.operator.alpha]: [T-Mobile UK] 

[gsm.operator.numeric]: [23430] 

[gsm.operator.iso-country]: [gb] 

But note that the string displayed on the phone, "T-Mobile", does not match gsm.sim.operator.alpha (which is blank) or gsm.operator.alpha (which has the extra characters " UK") If I switch to the Orange network, the phone still displays "T-Mobile" and getprop shows:

[gsm.operator.alpha]: [Orange] 

[gsm.operator.numeric]: [23433] 

[gsm.operator.isroaming]: [true] 

So, it seems that, in Swedish Snow, the string displayed on the phone is not obtained from either gsm.sim.operator.alpha or gsm.operator.alpha. For comparison, with CM7 7.1.0 stable, the phone shows "T-Mobile UK" when on the T-Mobile network and getprop shows:

i.e. identical values to those from Swedish Snow. But if I switch to the Orange network, the phone actually shows "Orange" and getprop gives

Perhaps CM7 is using the value of gsm.operator.alpha for the operator name displayed on the phone. I don't get the problem with an Orange PAYG SIM, these are the results: Swedish Snow, Orange SIM, on on the Orange network: phone shows "Orange"

[gsm.sim.operator.numeric]: [23433]

[gsm.sim.operator.alpha]: [Orange]

Swedish Snow, Orange SIM, on the T-Mobile network: phone shows "Orange T-Mobile"

[gsm.operator.isroaming]: [true] 

Note that the phone display "Orange T-Mobile" is not identical to either gsm.sim.operator.alpha or gsm.operator.alpha. CM7.1.0 stable, Orange SIM, on the Orange network: phone shows "Orange"

CM7.1.0 stable, Orange SIM, on the T-Mobile network: phone shows "T-Mobile UK"

In summary, with CM7 the value of gsm.operator.alpha is always the same as the operator name shown on the phone. But with Swedish Snow, the operator name displayed on the phone is never consistently either gsm.sim.operator.alpha or gsm.operator.alpha.

Guest lol looool

Care to be more specific? Or was it just trolol looool?

Tested camera360, google goggles and barcode scanner. Everything works just fine for me.

Please read this pinned topic. If you have questions, ask them in threads. Please don't PM me for tech support.

Private messages requesting help

HA HA HA ... Very funny!........ NO <_<

As you can see below a QR Code is scuared but with some 3rd Party Apps (Camera and Googles works fine) it looks like a rectangle

RNfmd.png

That's because in Froyo ROMs camera is set to preview mode in 800x480 and the screen has the same resolution so no deformation issue, but in Ginger ROMs camera is set to 640x480 and screen resolution is 800x480 so programs make camera preview "fit" to screen.

Guest KiWi3288

KonstaT, I think i could find some bugs.

As you can see I have a troubles while I install your ROM. Please look:

post-950428-0-12365500-1327188380_thumb.

post-950428-0-12494500-1327188395_thumb.

In there pics you can see the pop-up's... and in first there is writed "Odtwarzanie przez Bluetooth" but there should be writed "Głośność multimediów".

In second there is writed "Głośność multimediów" but should... "Głośność" That is just a text "bug" becouse everything is working OK.

One think more, when I install SS-RLS1-CenterClock-NoBattery i can feel the speed improvance ! :D Thanks for your work, and sorry for my ang, i am 15 years old :P

Edited by KiWi3288

Guest Pedro045f

Is undervolting working fine on this ROM? I am having trouble with MMHMP RLS9 undevolted kernel, it keeps rebooting mostly when wifi is turned on. Also does the undervolted kernel actualy make any diference on battery life or performance? I saw this here:

Burstlam wrote in post #40:

"I do try and success to tweak but I would like to tell u that in real practice,

undervolting is impracticable and not suggested with the CPU shipped with blade.

undervolting tweaks works fine on the HTC machine (with same arm6-vfp )

but when I apply the tweaks on the blade kernel.

the phone behaves very unstable and reboot oftens "

So what the heck?

Edited by Pedro045f

Guest KonstaT

OK, here are my results:

I installed Swedish Snow just be be sure I get the operator name issue, and I do.

With my T-Mobile UK SIM installed and connected to the T-Mobile network the phone displays "T-Mobile" (as I would expect) and getprop shows:

In summary, with CM7 the value of gsm.operator.alpha is always the same as the operator name shown on the phone. But with Swedish Snow, the operator name displayed on the phone is never consistently either gsm.sim.operator.alpha or gsm.operator.alpha.

Intrestesting, and very thorough. :) I also tested with CM7 and the output is the same as with this ROM. That would mean that neither ROM pulls the value from either gsm.sim.operator.alpha or gsm.operator.alpha. If CM7 displayed gsm.operator.alpha, it would be Elisa for me, but it displays Saunalahti as it should. I also discovered while using CM7, after switching airplane mode on/off, notification area carrier label first displays Elisa for about a second and then it changes to Saunalahti. That doesn't happen with this ROM. I'll have to dig a little deeper to find out where those values are pulled.

Next release will have generic RILs and framework patched to enable 'national roaming'. I doubt it will help with this issue though.

As you can see below a QR Code is scuared but with some 3rd Party Apps (Camera and Googles works fine) it looks like a rectangle

That's because in Froyo ROMs camera is set to preview mode in 800x480 and the screen has the same resolution so no deformation issue, but in Ginger ROMs camera is set to 640x480 and screen resolution is 800x480 so programs make camera preview "fit" to screen.

Yes, I can see that using some 3rd party apps QR codes are not 100% square but slighly stretched. And this something you think I should fix?

Use another app or contact the app developers to fix their apps.

KonstaT, I think i could find some bugs.

As you can see I have a troubles while I install your ROM. Please look:

In there pics you can see the pop-up's... and in first there is writed "Odtwarzanie przez Bluetooth" but there should be writed "Głośność multimediów".

In second there is writed "Głośność multimediów" but should... "Głośność" That is just a text "bug" becouse everything is working OK.

One think more, when I install SS-RLS1-CenterClock-NoBattery i can feel the speed improvance ! :D Thanks for your work, and sorry for my ang, i am 15 years old :P

Have you installed any themes that were not specifically made for this ROM? That is most common cause for mixed resource issues like that.

'Ringer volume' and 'Media volume' are in their place in english, so I guess they should be in other other languages too.

Installing SS-RLS1-CenterClock-NoBattery doesn't improve speed, but placebo is always nice too. :P

Is undervolting working fine on this ROM? I am having trouble with MMHMP RLS9 undevolted kernel, it keeps rebooting mostly when wifi is turned on. Also does the undervolted kernel actualy make any diference on battery life or performance? I saw this here:

Burstlam wrote in post #40:

You've pulled quite an old quote there. Undervolting would cause stability issues if applied to higher CPU frequencies. I think earlier attems to undervolt were done to the whole freq scale. Current method only undervolts the lowest freqs. Burstlam has also included the patch in his source, so it can't be all that bad.

Some have reported slight drop with wifi strenght but haven't heard of reboots before. With MMHPM you still have the option not use the undervolted kernel if it causes you issues.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest Siddhant Shah

Thank you so much for this great ROM KonstaT !

The undervolted kernel is very nice, albeit the drop in wifi reception strength is a bit too steep for me. The phone is dropping wifi connection just a room away.

Is there any way/any kernel which just has the CPU undervolted and not the wifi ?

Thanks a lot again ! :D

Guest lol looool

Yes, I can see that using some 3rd party apps QR codes are not 100% square but slighly stretched. And this something you think I should fix?

Use another app or contact the app developers to fix their apps.

Blade can record videos on 800x480p so it will be a great feature

Guest KiWi3288

Have you installed any themes that were not specifically made for this ROM? That is most common cause for mixed resource issues like that.

'Ringer volume' and 'Media volume' are in their place in english, so I guess they should be in other other languages too.

Installing SS-RLS1-CenterClock-NoBattery doesn't improve speed, but placebo is always nice too. :P

I just made full wipe, than installed your ROM, and installed CenterClock-NoBattery Mod from first post, my friend have the same problem like me. Now I noticed i can't call to someone and my friend's got the same bug. But SMS and MMS works fine.

Problably in Polish there values isn't on good places:] please check that. 

Sorry, that don't improve speed, but i can see for example the loading anim work faster.     

Edited by KiWi3288

Guest KonstaT

What you think about Link2SD? How I can use this programm with this ROM?

This ROM already has darktremor A2SD included. I'm not going to replace it with Link2SD.

Thank you so much for this great ROM KonstaT !

The undervolted kernel is very nice, albeit the drop in wifi reception strength is a bit too steep for me. The phone is dropping wifi connection just a room away.

Is there any way/any kernel which just has the CPU undervolted and not the wifi ?

Thanks a lot again ! :D

Well see. So far almost all feedback has been positive. If people have real issues with wifi undervolting it might be worth doing another version.

I just made full wipe, than installed your ROM, and installed CenterClock-NoBattery Mod from first post, my friend have the same problem like me. Now I noticed i can't call to someone and my friend's got the same bug. But SMS and MMS works fine.

Problably in Polish there values isn't on good places:] please check that. 

Sorry, that don't improve speed, but i can see for example the loading anim work faster.     

Sorry, I would fix it but I really can't reproduce this. Are you absolutely sure that you are using this ROM/add-ons from this threads first post and nothing more?

This is what I get and it should be correct?

post-834050-0-96058600-1327243657_thumb. post-834050-0-97170500-1327243694_thumb.

Guest probals

Well see. So far almost all feedback has been positive. If people have real issues with wifi undervolting it might be worth doing another version.

post-834050-0-96058600-1327243657_thumb. post-834050-0-97170500-1327243694_thumb.

Hi KonstaT,

Moved from elitemovil s4 and really digging it.

I would also request you to make a version without wifi undervolting as I am getting wifi drops.

Other than that, so far so good.

U devs are champs!

Cheers

P

Guest gerhardo

Can someone tell me what the difference is between this rom and MMHP?

The primary reason is the base of the ROM is different. The base ROMs have the same Android version and much of the tweaks are the same.

This ROM is kind of the same tweaks applied to MMHMP base ROM applied to another base, but evolved.

HI.

I'm using MMHM RLS9, and I want to disable data at night using timeriffic, but don't work.

-Is timeriffic capable do disable 3G data on SS without apndroid?

Another way are use apndroid+timeriffic, I know.