[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest gunapriyan

Hai, I wish to tell clearly....When one receiver attend my call, one time vibrate may happen. At the same time, when i attend any call, one time vibrate may happen. This is my need. I have set "Vibrate Always". But when receiver attend my call, no vibrate. Please help

Guest JanJr

Just to be sure.

Ask mr pigfish says I have a gen1 model (sold with Android 2.1)

In the past I've upgraded the stock rom to swedish spring rls5. The about screen says:

Model: ZTE-BLADE

Adroid version: 2.2

Kernel version: 2.6.32.9-perf zte-kernel@Zdroid-SMT

Build: Swedish Spring RLS5

df -h:

207.5M /system

208.1M /data

41.3M /cache

Can I safely use the Swedish-Snow-RLS7-TPT.zip from the opening post to upgrade my blade?

Edited by JanJr

Guest Amphoras

Just to be sure.

Ask mr pigfish says I have a gen1 model (sold with Android 2.1)

In the past I've upgraded the stock rom to swedish spring rls5. The about screen says:

Model: ZTE-BLADE

Adroid version: 2.2

Kernel version: 2.6.32.9-perf zte-kernel@Zdroid-SMT

Build: Swedish Spring RLS5

df -h:

207.5M /system

208.1M /data

41.3M /cache

Can I safely use the Swedish-Snow-RLS7-TPT.zip from the opening post to upgrade my blade?

Yes

Guest Rooster#1

Installed the new ROM a couple of days back... now Ive got a few Icons in the staus bar Ive never seen before ! (these have only just appeared after a reboot)

Any idea what they are please ? and how do I remove them ?

screenshot.jpg

Guest minifig

Those icons are softkeys for home, menu and back. They are great to use.

You can disable them in the romsettings if you want but you should try them first.

Guest Rooster#1

Those icons are softkeys for home, menu and back. They are great to use.

You can disable them in the romsettings if you want but you should try them first.

Hey, youre right... thanks for the swift reply !

Took several reboots to get it to stay OFF though .... at least I know what it was now, thanks.

Hi I have two questions...I am newbie in flahing roms and that stuff.

I bought my zte blade with eclair 2.1 and gen1...Recently I`ve updated to CM 7.1 (to gen2 also) via tpt method...

I want to install this rls7 rom, so now I am wondering whitch method should i use to flash my zte...?

just to install rom using recovery mode?,or is it beter to use full tpt install method that you provided in first post...

And second question...I am changing cm7 becouse i had problems with: gallery(bllury and darker pictures until you zoom),sound(sound bad when on max),camera(bllury and high brithness)...so any comments about this on this rom?

Sorry for language mistakes....

Thanks in advance...

Edited by [email protected]

Guest agpoli

Hi I have two questions...I am newbie in flahing roms and that stuff.

I bought my zte blade with eclair 2.1 and gen1...Recently I`ve updated to CM 7.1 (to gen2 also) via tpt method...

I want to install this rls7 rom, so now I am wondering whitch method should i use to flash my zte...?

just to install rom using recovery mode?,or is it beter to use full tpt install method that you provided in first post...

And second question...I am changing cm7 becouse i had problems with: gallery(bllury and darker pictures until you zoom),sound(sound bad when on max),camera(bllury and high brithness)...so any comments about this on this rom?

Sorry for language mistakes....

Thanks in advance...

You already have ClockWorkMod on your Blade, so you don't have to do a TPT again. Just install SS_RLS7 through recovery (don't forget to wipe first).

As for the second question: Gallery and camera is ok, sound is ok (maybe a bit too quiet - for me at least).

Guest myates

Hi guys,

I just flashed this but I'm getting "The process android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly." every few seconds even when just on the home screen? How do I fix this?

Thanks

Guest agpoli

Hi guys,

I just flashed this but I'm getting "The process android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly." every few seconds even when just on the home screen? How do I fix this?

Thanks

Did you wiped before the flash?

Guest sidbali

seriously speaking i never expected such kind of help....,,,

he got in touch with me and told me to come to his house,so that he could help me with the proper installation of the rom.

he made an effort to pick me up from the nearby bustop then took me to his house...serverd me chilled coke..and finally after trying for longnearly 2-3hrs we finally got it correct,any my dell xcd35 was perfectly working on SSR7 :D

And how very gracious of him ..he made an effort also to drop me home.

I would request everyone to give a +1 for this awsome guy.

Am thankful to god to find a gr8 friend cum brother like him.

once again thanks 4 your help :)

Those were very kind words Neil. I am glad I could help and glad to have made a friend too.

Cheers Mate

Guest agpoli

Yeah I wiped everything before the flash...should I try flashing again?

Yeah, give it another try. If something goes wrong again try the TPT version too.

Guest myates

Yeah, give it another try. If something goes wrong again try the TPT version too.

Thanks, have reflashed and this error message seems to have gone away :)

The only problem I seem to be having now is restoring all of my contacts and settings from Titanium Back up!! Does anyone know anything about it? I've used it a couple of times over the last few days and it's been fine til now!

Guest DarkCrono

Hai, I wish to tell clearly....When one receiver attend my call, one time vibrate may happen. At the same time, when i attend any call, one time vibrate may happen. This is my need. I have set "Vibrate Always". But when receiver attend my call, no vibrate. Please help

There is a option inside ROM settings to turn on vibrate.

Guest flshg

Those were very kind words Neil. I am glad I could help and glad to have made a friend too.

Cheers Mate

Looks like we a lovely bromance happening here ...

Guest KonstaT

The only problem I seem to be having now is restoring all of my contacts and settings from Titanium Back up!! Does anyone know anything about it? I've used it a couple of times over the last few days and it's been fine til now!

No, you shouldn't use Titanium Backup to restore any system apps/settings. It will certainly cause issues. You can only use it for your user apps/data.

It's best to sync your contacts to your google account.

Setting -> ROM settings -> Vibrate when call is connected ???

Installed the new ROM a couple of days back... now Ive got a few Icons in the staus bar Ive never seen before ! (these have only just appeared after a reboot)

Any idea what they are please ? and how do I remove them ?

Took several reboots to get it to stay OFF though .... at least I know what it was now, thanks.

Setting -> ROM settings -> Display statusbar softkeys.

You need to reboot your device for the setting to take effect (just once ;))

You already have ClockWorkMod on your Blade, so you don't have to do a TPT again. Just install SS_RLS7 through recovery (don't forget to wipe first).

As for the second question: Gallery and camera is ok, sound is ok (maybe a bit too quiet - for me at least).

thank you bro,flashing done with no problems... but i still have problems with gallery(i`ve just seen that this rom actually usses cm7 galery),kind of bllury pics like it has some kind of dark grid over the pics but that grid is moving while you scroll the photos...any suggestions ?

please check the photo in next post to see what i am talking about.

also is there any way to change number of toggle buttons in power bar(not notification power widget) ?

Edited by [email protected]

Guest shanky887614

to backup your sms.

gosms is quite good, you can set a time that it backsup your sms. ive got it set to 2am

im using there launcher also which is really good (i like how they changed the look in last update)

Guest psycho84

Hm, I maybe have a problem with this rom. Since I haven't used GPS up until today, I couldn't notice it. I am still not sure if it's one time problem or not. When I turned on GPS I lost carrier signal, and afterwards when I turned GPS off again I would lose carrier signal from time to time, now I have rebooted phone and I have carrier signal. Also I had one reboot while I was using GPS. :S Did anyone else had this kind of problems??

1.May.2012 EDIT: I definitely have a problem with using GPS on this rom. After using GPS I can connect to my carrier signal but soon it's lost again until I reboot. Rom is otherwise great, but this is kinda a problem for me. I did all the wipes as told in first post.

Edited by psycho84

Guest bladebuddy
Hm, I maybe have a problem with this rom. Since I haven't used GPS up until today, I couldn't notice it. I am still not sure if it's one time problem or not. When I turned on GPS I lost carrier signal, and afterwards when I turned GPS off again I would lose carrier signal from time to time, now I have rebooted phone and I have carrier signal. Also I had one reboot while I was using GPS. :S Did anyone else had this kind of problems??

I must admit on ssrls1 I did notice after using GPS I would loose 2g, 3g and have to reboot my phone to reconnect. As for reboots, one thing I noticed about this rom is you can't overclock it as much as previous builds the same on rls6. I think its down to the qualcom scripts but might be wrong.