Best Baseband for Gr6?

Guest Basil 123

Guest Basil 123

Just wondering what BB everyone is using with the smooth Gr6? Given that different BB work better/worse in various locales, still be interesting to hear about initial experiences.

Have any smartflash junkies compared variants of 725 and 823/824?

Thanks

Baz

Just wondering what BB everyone is using with the smooth Gr6? Given that different BB work better/worse in various locales, still be interesting to hear about initial experiences.

Have any smartflash junkies compared variants of 725 and 823/824?

Thanks

Baz

My best BB - RIL combination so far is 823. But it does not seem to work with leaked ROMS :-(. So I am using the 725- V20M now

Guest SuperSkill

Regarding BB depends on where you live, try a few and you will notice which one gives best call quality and most stable 3g/hsdpa connection. My self are using 20M with 20O rom and 20O ril, 20j ril is also giving me good stability and locks gps fast. This has been giving me the best results for now. But, its not necessary to change the baseband, the stock bb when you bought the phone is for your country/region. Many romupdates recommends a certain baseband. If its working without flashing it, why change??

Guest Basil 123

Well after some experimenting - I'm quite happy using BB824 (I have the korean phone) with the 725RIL. Plays very well with Gr6.

Funny that the correct matched 824RIL causes the BB to show as 'Unknown'.....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Involver

I've been using the baseband found in this link, it's the v20m version of 725. I'm running Thanatos2X v5.1 (see also this link) and that comes with it's own RIL (v20l Italy). GetRIL advises me to use v10d Europe, but for now I'm still using the one that came with the ROM. This is BY FAR the best combination I've used in months... No more 3g problems, phone crashing when toggling WiFi, great GPS fix, audio is OK (not any worse than anything else) and reception is at it's best (for me). I can highly recommend this ROM/BB/RIL combination

Guest SuperSkill

What RIL are you using?

Hi.

I have been using 20 j,l,o and 218 b(europe)rolleyes.gif now I don't believe anymore that I have to have the latest bb. Now I am using djangomanouche 0.8 rom and have tested many, in all treads there is one problem in common, the toggle between 3g(hsdpa) and wifi. I rarely have this issue, but it has happened. Remember that the 218 bb is standard in all Cyanogenmod, and because I wanted to try Guestes hybrid rom based on CM I flashed the 218 and found no bugs or problems with it so I haven't bothered changing again. For me, the worst bb has been L with L ril, even thuogh I now use the L ril as installed with the rom. Ive found that J is fast on gps and so is I ril.

I hope you sort it out, and remember that I might be wrong as I am an ordinary noob not able to document what I say,only what my eyes can seerolleyes.gif