Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Unicornasaurus

Battery never charges to 100%

7 posts in this topic

I seem to have a bit of an odd issue with my GN. I don't know if it's a bad sign, or just some 'glitch' so to say. But I can never seem to charge my GN to 100% battery. The instant I unplug it, it goes to 99%. I've tried turning it off when it charges, but I still get the same thing.

Right now I've only ever charged it with the wall charger. Is there another, better way of trickle charging the battery?

I seem to have a bit of an odd issue with my GN. I don't know if it's a bad sign, or just some 'glitch' so to say. But I can never seem to charge my GN to 100% battery. The instant I unplug it, it goes to 99%. I've tried turning it off when it charges, but I still get the same thing.

Right now I've only ever charged it with the wall charger. Is there another, better way of trickle charging the battery?

I had the same problem for the first two weeks (98 -99%). Eventually, after rooting etc. I reset the battery stats and it's been ok everysince (got mine Nov 22, so nearly 2 months)

Yes you are going to have to wipe the battery stats if you are rooted. I was running into the same problem myself a couple of days ago but after i wiped battery stats a couple times and calibrated the battery im showing charging up to 100% now.

When the phone is plugged to a PC , battery rises 100 % . On the geniure AC charger it is 99 % max. That's what I noticed.

When the phone is plugged to a PC , battery rises 100 % . On the geniure AC charger it is 99 % max. That's what I noticed.

Using both USB and AC my phone reaches 100% and states "Charged".

Resetting battery stats will do the trick.

Edited by Darren.M

Same here.

First drain the whole battery to 0 and then switch off your Galaxy Nexus, then put it in charging for at-least 5 hours and leave it. you will get back the 100 from there onwards, I also did the same thing and got to 100%.

But i also have a problem in the battery of my GN.

The battery last only for 3 hours max, i have to recharge it every 3 hours, the talk time is only for 1 hours within.

Samsung handsets have some problems in the battery i think, i have been checking the solution to my problem but haven't yet encountered.

what is Samsung doing to fix the battery issues?