What is the best and safest way to sync Android contacts

Guest moonshot

Guest moonshot

Hi I've just got my first Android phone, the Xperia Ray. I have used Google's contacts and calendar to sync my data. It works well.

But I am a bit concerned about my information, which includes passwords etc. out there in the clouds. What is the best and safest way to sync Android contacts and calendar details? :)

Guest moonshot

You are doing it the best way. You can sync with outlook instead of google but that can be a pain in the arse.

I thought that was the best wat to go, but what about the security of passwords etc?

If I add up the sites, including bank, credit cards, web sites, online shops, utilities etc. I must have thirty plus usernames, pin-numbers & passwords that I keep in my phone. Do you trust your information being on Google?

I thought that was the best wat to go, but what about the security of passwords etc?

If I add up the sites, including bank, credit cards, web sites, online shops, utilities etc. I must have thirty plus usernames, pin-numbers & passwords that I keep in my phone. Do you trust your information being on Google?

Yeah I sort of trust them. Are you passwords etc in gdocs?

You could setup two step authentication. Bit fiddly. READ up on it first.

Guest moonshot

Yeah I sort of trust them. Are you passwords etc in gdocs?

You could setup two step authentication. Bit fiddly. READ up on it first.

No, my passwords are all under relevent names in contacts.

Guest Amphoras

You're using a phone with an OS controlled by Google. They probably know everything going through your phone anyway. The way I see it, if you're going to use an Android phone and use their services then you need to trust they will keep your stuff safe, and its probably safer having it stored by Google than other random 3rd party apps/services.