[ROM] CyanogenMod 7.2 | Kernel 2.6.32 | Camera works

Guest pier11

Guest pier11

My last problem (I have) with this rom is not showing some symbols (it happens with some apps and internet text).

I know somewhere pier told us to install some fonts, but can't find the post.

try take this font from um840 rom: /data/fonts/DroidSansFallback.ttf

and place in into /system/fonts/ folder

try take this font from um840 rom: /data/fonts/DroidSansFallback.ttf

and place in into /system/fonts/ folder

TNX it worked. I'll try to memorize this. :)

Guest doc_relax

Running this ROM one week now (U8230, germany). Good work! Very stable so far, besides these bugs:

Accidentally hrizontal lines in cam pics

Phone is accidentally rebooting (hey harby) -> that is very annoying. Funny thing is, both phenomena also appeared some time ago when I was using the CM 6.2 Mod by Tom G. In which way does this 7.2 ROM build up on Tom G´s?

Greetings

doc

Edited by doc_relax

Guest twrock

Limitations:

- mac address is not correct. (SetMacAddress app looks causing problems to wifi driver, don't use it so far).

So can dr.flo fix this the same way as in CM6?

Hey pier, just an idea (can't test it by myself cause I'm away from home right now for another week, so...).

Anyway in this topic a guy uses the internal memory for swap file.

And overhere u r saying using the dataext as internal partition.

So if we make the swap be on the internal file and the ext partition be data partition, will we get performance boost?

edit: I just saw why it wasn't implemented. :/

Nvm.

Edited by D-D-

Guest desalesouche

Oops, sorry, missed that. I guess I've been away too long. :blush:

So how close to "perfect" is this rom by now? I'm still looking for that elusive "best rom". Have there been any other improvements since the last build?

the only thing i could find is:in build.ro you write 30000000 instead 10000000 and you can make video hq with camera

in ro.media.dec.jpeg.memcap=10000000 you put instead 30000000

Edited by desalesouche

Guest twrock

the only thing i could find is:in build.ro you write 30000000 instead 10000000 and you can make video hq with camera

in ro.media.dec.jpeg.memcap=10000000 you put instead 30000000

Hmm, speaking of the camera, something is really wrong with the camera in my install of this rom. Is it working well for everyone else but me? My search of this thread looks like other people get it to work. For me it green screens on launch, it displays incorrectly, attempt at video hangs, app crashes, etc.

I've also got some squares where I should have letters or characters. Looks like a font file is missing.

Edit: Yep, adding DroidSansFallback.ttf to the rom solved the missing letters and characters. And, after a reboot, the camera worked correctly for a time, but then started to act up again. Strange.

Edited by twrock

Guest desalesouche

Hmm, speaking of the camera, something is really wrong with the camera in my install of this rom. Is it working well for everyone else but me? My search of this thread looks like other people get it to work. For me it green screens on launch, it displays incorrectly, attempt at video hangs, app crashes, etc.

I've also got some squares where I should have letters or characters. Looks like a font file is missing.

hi.about squares you can see here http://android.modac...ost__p__1922764 and the answer from pier11 which is working http://android.modac...ost__p__1922771

by the way i tried to send you a mail in this forum but couldn't send it...i was asking in that mail if the huawei ascend d quad xl is already sold in your country and what is the price...:) sorry to bother you with this...

ps : i am actually testing txg07 with antutu tester you will have soon result in appropriate topic.good nite.

Edited by desalesouche

Guest twrock

hi.about squares you can see here http://android.modac...ost__p__1922764 and the answer from pier11 which is working http://android.modac...ost__p__1922771

by the way i tried to send you a mail in this forum but couldn't send it...i was asking in that mail if the huawei ascend d quad xl is already sold in your country and what is the price...:) sorry to bother you with this...

ps : i am actually testing txg07 with antutu tester you will have soon result in appropriate topic.good nite.

Thanks guys.

Hmm, I'm not aware if or who is selling that phone. Maybe it is OEM being sold under another name? That's the way it was with my U8220, being sold as the CHT8000.

Guest twrock

Pier, is your newest version of your .32 kernel boot.img that you link to over in the UM840 "superior" to the boot.img in this rom? It looks like it is smaller, supports ext3 and ext4, and fixes Goggles issue. Would it be better to use that boot.img in this rom too?

Again, thanks for this rom and all your other work. I've got a mod of this rom running quite smoothly, and after turning off a lot of extra animation "eye-candy", it is feeling quite quick as well.

Guest pier11

Pier, is your newest version of your .32 kernel boot.img that you link to over in the UM840 "superior" to the boot.img in this rom? It looks like it is smaller, supports ext3 and ext4, and fixes Goggles issue. Would it be better to use that boot.img in this rom too?

All is correct. But said are the only differences.

Only drawback is that keypad lights will not work, as no compat patch for lights is in that kernel.

Kernel smaller size is due to better compression. But it comes at mall cost:

- After decompression it will be bigger in memory as already more functionality is it it - ext3/4 and IPv6. But it's insignificant - no more than 200 KB extra.

- Also it takes slightly more time to decompress better compression - extra several sec - 3/4 ? - on initial boot.

Edited by pier11

Guest Hadidy

Hi every one :D

First of all :thanks for every one shared in this rom and it is really the best one i ever used

I installed it at 2/3 just after Pier11 put it and after 30 day of use i found it almost flawless

i can do multiple downloads and updates take photos view videos surf the net with very good life of my battary

and here comes the BUT it is really insignificant but to be mentioned Pier11:

sometimes the ALARM make the screen stuck and i have to reboot

and last for me this rom should be more COLORFUL icons ,setting ,contacts and .....

Thanks again and waiting your new. :P

Guest menferi

Hi every one :D

First of all :thanks for every one shared in this rom and it is really the best one i ever used

I installed it at 2/3 just after Pier11 put it and after 30 day of use i found it almost flawless

i can do multiple downloads and updates take photos view videos surf the net with very good life of my battary

and here comes the BUT it is really insignificant but to be mentioned Pier11:

sometimes the ALARM make the screen stuck and i have to reboot

and last for me this rom should be more COLORFUL icons ,setting ,contacts and .....

Thanks again and waiting your new. :P

Hi,

About the colorful icons, ...etc - you can find some really nice free cm7 themes on market.

Edited by menferi

Guest Hadidy

Hi,

About the colorful icons, ...etc - you can find some really nice free cm7 themes on market.

Thanks for the tip and i think adw themes are the best but i meant Frame work as setting icons and contact color Dialer color that what i meant

and another problem about video it can shoot but it can`t play it and it become corrupted file

any one can help about it :D

Guest twrock

and another problem about video it can shoot but it can`t play it and it become corrupted file

any one can help about it :D

Yes, I have the same trouble with this rom. I can't play any videos that I take. Some times the camera/videorecorder app doesn't work or crashes after a short time.

Guest desalesouche

hi all.i did install on that rom the v6-supercharger from zeppelinrox .

[script-U9RC8.1]Faster Than A Speeding Bullet!The-=V6 SuperCharger=-Lag & Redraw Fix!

from there: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=991276

and it seems to give punch to that rom :)

i don't know if i set everything the good way but cm7.2 seems to be faster (cpu @ 528 )

i think some people should try to test that script and give feed back

Guest felip3

hi all.i did install on that rom the v6-supercharger from zeppelinrox .

[script-U9RC8.1]Faster Than A Speeding Bullet!The-=V6 SuperCharger=-Lag & Redraw Fix!

from there: http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=991276

and it seems to give punch to that rom :)

i don't know if i set everything the good way but cm7.2 seems to be faster (cpu @ 528 )

i think some people should try to test that script and give feed back

how were your settings after?, i had swappines in 30 vm in 24 compcache to max. and it was faster before installing the script. maybe i screwed up. ill try installing again (btw i use go launcher, and sometimes with the memory widget i get to 45mb free)

ps:anyone uses sygic? i cant get to run it in this version

Edited by felip3

Guest spikeh

This ROM suffers from the Simplified Chinese bug (and possibly Trad/Korean) whereby certain characters aren't displayed. smhui correctly pointed out earlier in this thread that the DroidSansFallback.ttf font is missing in this ROM, which provides CJK support. DroidSansJapanese.ttf exists, which would explain why certain characters that are identical between Chinese and Japanese are displayed.

There is an easy fix. Download or rip DroidSansFallback.ttf from a different ROM. Go into terminal on the phone and switch to superuser. Type the following:

mount -o remount,rw /system

cp /path/to/DroidSansFallback.ttf /system/fonts/

Then reboot.

Please do a full Nandroid backup before you do this incase you mess up something or the phone gets stuck in a bootloop.