Compass problem in Fish&Chips ROM?

Guest soami

I've found that compass doesn't work correctly. E.g. app google sky map is useless - I can turn arround and map's still showing East.I've tested it (*983*0#) and sensors are OK, but compass data doesn't look OK - X=13, Z=-45. Phone on the table. Also accelerometer still shows data in one axis. Is it normal? Or is any application for calibration? If I press "calib" in sensor test it shows "proximity calibration is OK".

Edited by soami

Guest raverrr

just to be sure try "tricorder" a very light app that displays all the sensor info. and report your findings here :).

PS- accelerometer will always show a result even when still... This explained by what you should have learned in your first ever physics class lol

Yes, exactly. It goes opposite way (or showing eastwards). You can see on picture - phone was horizontally on the table but values of compass are strange.I'd appreciate any advice.

post-942144-0-77195200-1327852002_thumb.

just to be sure try "tricorder" a very light app that displays all the sensor info. and report your findings here :).

PS- accelerometer will always show a result even when still... This explained by what you should have learned in your first ever physics class lol

I thought that accelerometer automatically corrects 1G from one axis. I read about it in other forum, so my mistake :)

Guest raverrr

I thought that accelerometer automatically corrects 1G from one axis. I read about it in other forum, so my mistake :)

It might correct itself... i dont know lol.

i assumed it didn't.

are you using the TMV or the SF2?

It might correct itself... i dont know lol.

i assumed it didn't.

are you using the TMV or the SF2?

TMV. Your ROM is really perfect and this is the only issue I have. It's nothing important I just like to know what's wrong...

Guest raverrr

TMV. Your ROM is really perfect and this is the only issue I have. It's nothing important I just like to know what's wrong...

is this maybe included in the recent update? Because i used the stock TMV ROM for both versions of Fish and Chips and havent had this issue.

I suppose the easy way to find out is to update it and try it. :) anyone having this problem on the SF2 version?

Guest surfungus

Hi all,

just checked my my SF2 compass and it seems to be having the same issue, three different compasses and three different directions...odd...

HTH

Cheers surf

Guest raverrr

Hi all,

just checked my my SF2 compass and it seems to be having the same issue, three different compasses and three different directions...odd...

HTH

Cheers surf

thanks. just checking :)

strange that it is playing up on the TMV. have any of the affected parties installed the firmware update?

Guest windy_miller

thanks. just checking :)

strange that it is playing up on the TMV. have any of the affected parties installed the firmware update?

I am on SF2. I think I had the same problem with Fish & Chips v1 and v2.

I reinstalled Crescent ROM and then RLS1 to check if there is compass OK. it wasn't. I flashed back Fish and Chips RLS2 and made again sensor test. Compass still doesn't work properly but compass data are different - phone was in same position.

post-942144-0-04924600-1328104512_thumb.

post-942144-0-24451300-1328104519_thumb.

Guest windy_miller

I reinstalled Crescent ROM and then RLS1 to check if there is compass OK. it wasn't. I flashed back Fish and Chips RLS2 and made again sensor test. Compass still doesn't work properly but compass data are different - phone was in same position.

When you say Cresent ROM, do you mean the stock Orange/T-Mobile ROM?

Guest windy_miller

Hmm, would be interesting to see if the stock ROMs work OK? Looking through the stock rom thread it seems some new ones have been released recently. I wonder if they fix an issue with the compass?

I can try evening. I've got downloaded stock ROM but I forgot to try it yesterday...

Edit: In stock ROM no change - same situation as in custom ROMs. I'm using "Ulysse Gizmos compass" and it works fine. So my only problem is skymaps which is unimportant.

Edited by soami