Read this before starting a topic about Trip's departure

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Sylar2010

Trip is a genius but Paul is right!

CM and MIUI roms are based on a network of devs, each of them using the help of the others to finalise superb roms.

Trip is awesome in Android dev but he need some help from other devs to fix stability,BT,camera... problems we encountered in all his ported ICS roms.

I was shocked to see he was working alone on all his roms!

If he didn't want to share his sources with Modaco devs for a personal reason I can understand but he losed help and Paul's support :(

Guest PaulOBrien

This is all a pile of smoking crap and is nothing more than attempting to heal your bruised egos. Did kmobs share his code for his pyramid build? Did they even share the CM7 source code?

Who are you talking about exactly?

Yes, kmobs shares his source and of course CM7 is completely open source.

Neither of which are really relevant here.

P

Guest Eyegor92

As far as I know, CM9 that kmobs is working on is still behind the iron curtain, and so is the CM7 build for Pyramid. But hey, the CM team is large enough to act as an anti-ban shield.

P.S Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by Eyegor92

Guest PaulOBrien

As far as I know, CM9 that kmobs is working on is still behind the iron curtain, and so is the CM7 build for Pyramid. But hey, the CM team is large enough to act as an anti-ban shield.

P.S Please correct me if I'm wrong.

CM7 nor CM9 is covered by GPL, so it's not the same? If they have released a kernel they are obliged to release the source, but I think there's some confusion here?

P

Guest Eyegor92

I stand corrected, it has no relation to this case whatsoever. I still believe that was has been done was unfair, but that is an issue of mine.

Edited by Eyegor92