[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest yamDev2012

Hello people. I'd like to start by saying that I've been switching between gb and ics since my blade returned from service. I've found your work one of the best pieces of software development. Now I'd like to ask if it would take too big an effort to port Sony's webgl patch intended for the 4.0.3 sources.I thought the qualcomm's release would benefit either Mozilla's or Opera's browser's performance but, so far, none of them seems able to take advantage of the new drivers. Thanks for any thoughts on this and keep up the excellent work!

Guest brookergray

Clockwork flashable? I'd love to hear how smooth it is when someone installs it.

Of course.

Sometimes (after you used loads of apps) it takes a second or two to show up but scrolls smoothly and looks awesome.

Did you try this? Is it working fine?

Yep it does. I've been using this since yesterday.

Edited by brookergray

Guest zppinto

I don't know if you notice but the signal of the mobile network is very poor and sometimes we doesn't have at all. Probably you have been in a place with a very poor signal and the mobile is always trying to get signal, which causes in a drain of your battery life.

you're going to see poor battery life in all rom's (unless you manually turn wifi on/off) until its fixed in tom_g's kernel, which is almost there for GB. mine's eating about 10% a day with wifi off completely.

i notice with usb connected it doesn't sleep at all. despite the stay awake option being off.

I had a similar issue on gingerbread, if I remember correctly a simple reboot helped. I think it occurs sometimes when charging from computer usb port after doing stuff in adb, perhaps after unplugging it the phone still thinks its attached so keeps awake. That might simply be a problem with my computer zte drivers, as I'm having intermitent 'disconnections' in adb despite it being physically connected.

Thanks for the info. I ended up putting it on charge again (from the computer) and it seems to have stopped the wakelock so you're probably right, phone just thinks its still connected for some reason. I'll bear it in mind in the future though that a reboot also works.

Guest LionGreen

Missing market is often the result of a too small system partition. CMW doesn't report an error but if there's no space then you can't do anything about it - some apk's are missing. This happens often with users coming from CM7 or other GB roms who have made their system partition smaller in order to save space - they usually forget to re-increase it. ICS requires at least 160 MB but 185-200 to be safe.

I'm trying to increase my system partition, but unfortunately I'm having some problems...

I use the TPT helper, from market.

Then I chose to create a new TPT

Chose Gen 2 TPT

CyanogenMod

ClockworkMod v5.0.2.0.

Cache size 2 MB

System size 220 MB

Data size 219MB

Then the program unzips and verify the files and create the image.bin

I shutdown my Blade, remove battery, put again the battery and I press menu, vol+ and power switch and show me black screen and green text, but noting happens :( I think it wont load the new image...

Is something I missing here? I want to try the ColdFusionX ROM :(

BTW I already made the TPT update before when my Blade was a gen1...update to gen 2, to install CyanogenMod 7 Roms

Oh and sorry for my english

Guest bladebuddy

I'm trying to increase my system partition, but unfortunately I'm having some problems...

I use the TPT helper, from market.

Then I chose to create a new TPT

Chose Gen 2 TPT

CyanogenMod

ClockworkMod v5.0.2.0.

Cache size 2 MB

System size 220 MB

Data size 219MB

Then the program unzips and verify the files and create the image.bin

I shutdown my Blade, remove battery, put again the battery and I press menu, vol+ and power switch and show me black screen and green text, but noting happens I think it wont load the new image...

Is something I missing here? I want to try the ColdFusionX ROM

BTW I already made the TPT update before when my Blade was a gen1...update to gen 2, to install CyanogenMod 7 Roms

Oh and sorry for my english

After the green text are you in clockwork recovery Also if using this app correctly there is no need to remove your battery.

Edited by bladebuddy

Guest pedroafonsodias

I don't know if you notice but the signal of the mobile network is very poor and sometimes we doesn't have at all. Probably you have been in a place with a very poor signal and the mobile is always trying to get signal, which causes in a drain of your battery life.

the signal is poor because you have 3G network activated and it contribute's to battery drain

the signal is poor because you have 3G network activated and it contribute's to battery drain

Im sure you guys are right about the poor signal and 3G contributing to battery drain, but Im not convinced that was the cause of the 10%/hour drain I had earlier because I was in my house the whole day and I have never had such significant drain before. I actually agree with flshgdn's suggestion that its to do with the phone not realising the usb cable has been disconnected and so keeping the phone awake because when I plugged in to usb and disconnected again both 'usb_bus_active' and battery drain immediately went down

Guest Hayden3430

I'm getting bootloops. Any ideas mate?

Same here, good job i did a backup :)

Installation method used:

CWM > Installed Zip > Clear Dalvik Cache > Reboot system

Is that wrong?

Guest gnarula

Is that wrong?

Go through the instructions on the first page. You need to format /system as well.

Regards,

Gaurav

I'm actually on a 20/215/221 (cache/system/data) GEN1toGEN2 and i've got 62mb free from system partition (flashed mini-gapps) and i'm running out of space on /data (is there any way enable the "froyo app2sd" for all apps like in CM7?). Can you recomand me a larger partition layout? Is 20mb of cache necessary? CM7 was running fine with 2MB.

Guest Witcher_Kh

Hello there.

First I'd like to thank Tilal for hard but really impressive work! It really inspires!

I'm going to upgrade my Blade to ICS (now using CM7, but have some problems with stability and battery life), but still have some questions.

Has anyone changed the CPU frequency? How far does it work fine? This is really important because on 600 MHz some videos don't go very smooth.

MX player works fine? How do you play video and what size of files?

Any troubles now with handset from the box? While using John77 ROM (Android 2.2), volume was quite low.

Sorry, if those questions already had answers, it’s not easy to read in English.

And big apologizes for my "English".

Best regards!

Edited by Witcher_Kh

Read this A2SD for Coldfusion ICS and install S2E.You must have ext partition on SD card.

I'm not a great fan of S2E and other "move to an external ext partition" scripts. My old U8150's SD-Card died while i was testing an app2sd script and I had to reflash it since half of the system data was moved to the ext partition by that script, Does S2E move only apps on /ext?

MX playerworks fine? How do you play video and what size of files?

HW Video decoding isn't implemented, afaik, but i think that as long as you stay with *.avi files (XviD and DivX codec) you shouldn't have any problems. H.264 video might be a problem..

Guest brookergray

Is that wrong?

NEVER WIPE DALVIK!

Are you running the latest coldfusion?

Guest shmizan

hi

Can we have a CM9 with black text white background(like MIUI) instead of default white text black background Please................

no. that's how CM9 is. there's the theme chooser if you want.