[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest jeddy1

Looks like you got a 160 system which is to small for this ROM and gapps

He can install rom +small gapps package but i would say its better to have 210mb partition size .

Edited by jeddy1

Guest sej7278

He can install rom +small gapps package but i would say its better to have 210mb partition size .

coldfusionx 15/04 has a smaller /system partition requirement by about 20mb, but i don't think we're going to convince tom_g to use that patch in cm9, so eventually you're going to need a 210mb+ /system partition.

i just tried building tom_g's "official" cm9 and noticed even with my 215mb /system that i was running out of space when getting updates, but that was with the full gapps. i'd say no smaller than the 210mb stock tpt realistically, even 185mb is not going to last you long.

if anyone's interested the main differences i saw with cm9 are:

• the zte device settings app is no longer an app its part of settings->advanced, like it was with recent versions of cm7
  • cm9 seems slower than coldfusionx, its got accelerated gfx, but it just seems slower launching apps, backing off menus etc.
  • colour banding is back as the settings for dithering and 16bpp transparency are backwards by default (i.e. dithering off/transparency on) but you can change the settings of course
  • they have different kernels, but not sure what the impact is, others have reported poor battery life

so unless you're interested in helping test/develop cm9, i'd stick with coldfusionx 15/04 for now at least until tom_g makes an official release and finishes uploading his commits, but i doubt there will be any further development of coldfusionx for blade (from me at least) i guess blade2/skate will continue until they get an official build.

Guest jeddy1

ok then forget about the posts for a new thread ;)

this is a great rom but until official cm9 goes on this will keep going on i guess .. yes??

lets see also if official cm9 will be good enough otherwise ill stick on CFX :D+--9

Guest MadeInBeats

Ok, so, I'm updating from Moldovan Mountain ROM. I am trying to repartition using TPT Helper. Set 2Mb cache, 210Mb system and whatever's left for data; I leave boot image as unchanged. Then I click start TPT and select use clockwork 5.0.0.2. The phone reboots and just sticks with 2 lines of green text on the screen saying t boot something and a directory address -- any ideas what is going wrong here?

Guest DMM88

Just realized that 15/04 isn't letting the phone go into deep sleep. It is wakeable with hardware buttons with or without wifi on.

Mine doesn't sleep on only 2g mode...

But it's a problem from my phone or my carrier because it was already happening with every single rom i tryed until now...

so unless you're interested in helping test/develop cm9, i'd stick with coldfusionx 15/04 for now at least until tom_g makes an official release and finishes uploading his commits, but i doubt there will be any further development of coldfusionx for blade (from me at least) i guess blade2/skate will continue until they get an official build.

From what i read, i think the official release will not be soon because looks like they are struggling with the same problems for a while now. Am i right?

But this rom is amazing too so for now i will continue with this one...

Thanks for you effort.

Edited by DMM88

Guest arpit22x

did you install S2E before? then reinstall it. on my system after reinstalling S2E the missing apps appeared.

Sorry for replying too late ... but formatting system and installing Rom solved the issue. It wasn't needed to re-install the S2E for me.

Guest Infernel

Hey Guys, I got a problem with the boot. My ZTE was put aside for a long time and I finally got the parts to fix it. I was on CM7.1 RC1 I belive and tried flashing this ROM according to it's instructions but I can't get it to run. It was load and stay running on the loading screen where the little droid guy is on his board flying through cyberspace or something ;p. I left m phone over night to see if it run but nothing.

Is there a guide to install CFx from CM7.1 RC1? or what should I do to make it run?

Guest sej7278

Hey Guys, I got a problem with the boot. My ZTE was put aside for a long time and I finally got the parts to fix it. I was on CM7.1 RC1 I belive and tried flashing this ROM according to it's instructions but I can't get it to run. It was load and stay running on the loading screen where the little droid guy is on his board flying through cyberspace or something ;p. I left m phone over night to see if it run but nothing.

Is there a guide to install CFx from CM7.1 RC1? or what should I do to make it run?

read the first page regarding TPT and 185mb+ /system partition.

Guest MadeInBeats

read the first page regarding TPT and 185mb+ /system partition.

Without sounding ungrateful, really and honestly, I just don't think the instructions on the 1st page cut it. If there were more comprehensive scenarios like most of the other ROM threads, then this thread would be half the size... talk about bamboozling. For example, coming from Moldovian 2.3 (Gen 2, and a Gen 1 stock phone TPT'ed to Gen2), I can't even get a TPT partition to work and there's nothing on the 1st page there for my scenario. Sincerely.

Guest Bonell

Without sounding ungrateful, really and honestly, I just don't think the instructions on the 1st page cut it. If there were more comprehensive scenarios like most of the other ROM threads, then this thread would be half the size... talk about bamboozling. For example, coming from Moldovian 2.3 (Gen 2, and a Gen 1 stock phone TPT'ed to Gen2), I can't even get a TPT partition to work and there's nothing on the 1st page there for my scenario. Sincerely.

Dude,

The author of this thread (Tilal) is away, so it is not possible to keep updating the first post like we all would like, on top of that the man behind the build of 15/04 (Sej), has just announced that has stoped the development for coldfusion :(((( , so it will not be created a new thread for this.

Explain your issue the best you can, and I´m sure that you´ll get the answers you need.

Guest MadeInBeats

Dude,

The author of this thread (Tilal) is away, so it is not possible to keep updating the first post like we all would like, on top of that the man behind the build of 15/04 (Sej), has just announced that has stoped the development for coldfusion :(((( , so it will not be created a new thread for this.

Explain your issue the best you can, and I´m sure that you´ll get the answers you need.

Hello. I already did a few post up. It's just that trying to repartition with TPT Helper is rebooting to a black screen with 2 lines of green text, and just stay there; nothing happens after that. I'm on Mile Mountain 2.3 RLS9, European San Fran which was stock Gen1 but TPT'ed a while ago now to Gen2. I tried searching the thread etc but most replies are to just go and check the 1st post about 185Mb partition which is of no help what-so-ever. If and when I figure this out I'll start another thread to help others how I did it if that's OK with mods etc...

Guest Nikola86BG

I can't get to reflashing, too little time, so I'm writing just what I found through the research.

Did you choose the correct TPT? If not sure, you can verify what kind of TPT you need using Blade Checker. When you verify the files, two of them will be reported uncorrect. That is normal. If it manages to download everything correctly, it will be ok. You could start from there.

Also, try asking in a TPT helper thread, you may get more information from the creator there.

Guest saransh9

Hello. I already did a few post up. It's just that trying to repartition with TPT Helper is rebooting to a black screen with 2 lines of green text, and just stay there; nothing happens after that. I'm on Mile Mountain 2.3 RLS9, European San Fran which was stock Gen1 but TPT'ed a while ago now to Gen2. I tried searching the thread etc but most replies are to just go and check the 1st post about 185Mb partition which is of no help what-so-ever. If and when I figure this out I'll start another thread to help others how I did it if that's OK with mods etc...

This is the CFX thread not a tpt.it has all the required info to run the run no one needs to explain you how to tpt there are respective threads for each if u got any problem discuss there amorphos is the guy to contract regarding tpt

Helper

After making your own tpt using tpt helper and when the download is complete turn your phone off.press potter menu and Vol + tpt will start.

If u are downloading it from somewhere else unzip it in the root of your sd check md5 and flash it like mentioned above

Edited by saransh9

Guest mirko28

Nikola ol'mi dat link od te teme? Treba li da provjeravam md5 svih fajlova u image folderu? Kad ektraktujem zip dobijem image folder stavim ga na karticu,onda izgasim tel menu+(vol +)+power i izadje mi samo splash screen tako stalno dok ne izvadim bateriju...

In english:

Is it needed to check md5 of all files in image folder?When i extract zip i put image folder on root of sd card then turn off phone and pres menu+volume up+power button

Now i got android logo (splash screen) and nothing more i must replace battery from phone to boot system ...

Help!!! I want this rom :)

Edited by mirko28

Guest Bonell

Nikola ol'mi dat link od te teme? Treba li da provjeravam md5 svih fajlova u image folderu? Kad ektraktujem zip dobijem image folder stavim ga na karticu,onda izgasim tel menu+(vol +)+power i izadje mi samo splash screen tako stalno dok ne izvadim bateriju...

In english:

Is it needed to check md5 of all files in image folder?When i extract zip i put image folder on root of sd card then turn off phone and pres menu+volume up+power button

Now i got android logo (splash screen) and nothing more i must replace battery from phone to boot system ...

Help!!! I want this rom :)

Nikola,

Is it your first ROM? you should not unzip the ROM.. you must learn the basics first... please search the forum in "How to install a costum ROM".

Edited by Bonell

Guest saransh9

Nikola,

Is it your first ROM? you should not unzip the ROM.. you must learn the basics first... please search the forum in "How to install a costum ROM".

I think u need to read the post first he is talking about tpt

Guest jeddy1

also if u check well the pages you would find some information

check the previous page where i posted a link for TPT

download it - extract it to ur sdcard and then take of the battery of your phone (for 20 seconds at least) Turn on the phone with VOL up + MENU pressed and let it finish

u must keep this rom in ur sd card also bec the tpt will boot u into clockwork recovery

flash the rom then reboot

reboot again into recovery and flash gapps

then do what u want ;)

i hope i helped ..

Guest asm19

So what I've been reading, ColdfusionX not have more updates?

You'll have more updates, but for now there is big news to justify a new build.

Guest MadeInBeats

OK peoples, thanks for the replies. I found the issue with TPT -- I hope this helps the others like me. I downloaded this http://code.google.c...ock.zip&can=2 to set my partitions to Sys = 215 / Data = 203 / Cache = 37. I don't know why this TPT image worked and making my own in TPT helper didn't, but assume it as something to do with my phone originally being Gen1, EVEN THOUGH I TPT'ed it to Gen2 some time ago!!!

So that's that. Also, while I was clockwork, I partitioned my SD card in to 256Mb for Apps, but that deleted all the info on my SD card inc the ColdFusion ROM.. DOH!!!!!! Anyway, I had backed up my SD card on my PC so just copied everything back over and installed the ROM, so, it seems all good now.

So, for anyone else like me, download the TPT image I linked to at the top, put the zip onto the root of SD card, use the App TPT Helper (from market) to unzip and then check, then start TPT and from there do a factory reset and then follow the instructions on page 1....

Really hope this helps any poor fools like me.

Thanks for the ROM to all involved BTW, it's pretty damn sick!!!!

***EDIT*** It also looks like I might have selected the wrong setting the first time I installed and opened TPT Helper. I just selected Gen2 as that is what I assumed my phone was because I updated to such as mentioned, but, I just installed it again on my CF ROM install and it asked me what Gen type my phone was, I selected 'Other' instead and there was an option for 'TPT upgraded Gen2', so I guess that's what my phone is! Hope that's right.... What a ball ache...

Edited by MadeInBeats