[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest targetbsp

ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/yakjuxw/maguro:4.0.1/I9250XWKK5_ITL41D/163402:user/release-keys

Changed my fingerprint to the above and no difference. I even double checked my spelling

If that fingerprint is ok, check in /system/framework/ if com.google.android.maps.jar is present.

I am however missing this! Any ideas where I can steal an ICS compatible one from?

Guest skywave

Changed my fingerprint to the above and no difference. I even double checked my spelling

I am however missing this! Any ideas where I can steal an ICS compatible one from?

Should be in every gapps package

Guest Amelo007

Please Help me, i can't install Gapps, i'dont understand, i have a partition of 190 mb, is it the problem ?

What do you mean by that? Aren't the apps appearing or are isn't the setup showing? 190 mb system partition is enough. And if you mean that the setup isn't showing you could just add a google account manually by going into Setting > Accounts & Sync > Add Account

Guest the Mitu

Ah ha! Thanks! I've been using the stripped gapps package for this and the little market fix on other roms. I guess they are a bit too stripped down!

Yes, they definitely are. Not only GMail is told to be incompatible, but also some other apps not from Google. Using GApps from AOSP project works properly.

Seems like I can finally use it as my daily ROM. Pretty smooth and stable, provided that you replace Trebuchet with Nova Launcher or sth else. Experimental CM9 music player works properly too.

Issues I'm expecting:

- Gallery does not display albums, taking screenshot doesn't solve it. QuicPic works OK (but laggy...)

- Default browser has graphical problems - not whole page is visible. However, invisible links on the blank area are clickable. Opera Mobile works, but is laggy.

Guest Fatty Eglon

Hi All

Just a quick one. Still despite following the instructions to the letter, cannot get Gapps to install properly or at all. I've tried yours Tilal and it does nothing whatsoever... sorry mate> I've tried various other ICS Gapps and gmail installs but doesn' work.

Tilal would it be better to include the Gapps within the Rom? Would this help?

As I've tried this ROM about 5 times, works fine standalone but after installing any Gapps it just messes everything up with lots of FC's. My tpt is correct by the way. Realise this whole ROM dev thing is a pain in the rear, so don't make yourself ill with all this developing. Guess if we all had the money we'd just buy a Samsung Galaxy Nexus ;-) Just feel frustrated with these issues. I've tried Miui Blader with similar issues. Just don't get it mellow.gif!!

Gonna have to leave this for a week as I'm going demented with all this fiddling.

Cheers

F.E.

Guest targetbsp

The new Gapps file (24th Feb) is quite a lot more compact than the 15th Feb one, and complete with this rom needs only a touch under 175mb system (so you'd likely want at least 180).

Edited by targetbsp

QuicPic works OK (but laggy...)

you can make quickpic faster by changing the read ahead value in /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:0/read_ahead_kb from 128 to 3072. The best value to change to depends on your sd card I think but 3072 is definitely better than 128 which is the default

Guest chaosfoevr

lot of FC for me ......browser causes the ph to frezze,then i hv to remove the battery to boot ..........fun playing around wit it but its still not usable fo me so i'lll b back after next relese........

TITLAL6991 u r the man....the rom is gettin better n better.....keep at it...........cant wait fo the next relese

i have also been unable to install gapps have tried multiple times. On boot it shows optimizing apps but after that nothing happens , nothing gets installed or any setup starts just get the normal home screen. very frustrating.

Can someone share a version of gaps that might be working ? btw i'm on the latest rom right now

Guest targetbsp

Can someone share a version of gaps that might be working ? btw i'm on the latest rom right now

I linked one just above your post. :)

On the whole this rom is fast, stable, smooth and all my user apps are working. I'm very impressed!

Just a few minor issues I've spotted:

gallery doesn't show the picture its asking you to crop for your wallpaper which makes cropping it challenging!

the keypad lights appear to be on permanently and the led doesn't appear to colour when receiving a text or call

the wifi has dropped for me twice after prolonged on times. it complains the router is not in range. toggling wifi off and on recovers it

I have found that setting the DPI to 160 with the free application "DPI Changer Utility" from the market greatly improves the smoothess of all animations and the launcher. Im not sure why this is but it would be interesting to know if it helps anyone else

Guest skywave

I have found that setting the DPI to 160 with the free application "DPI Changer Utility" from the market greatly improves the smoothess of all animations and the launcher. Im not sure why this is but it would be interesting to know if it helps anyone else

Well this is cause a lower dpi means it has less pixels to render, thus making it faster. Can't recommend this approach, has a big chance of breaking apps and market filtering.

Guest jay patel

Can someone please give me a link to a 180mb-200mb system partition? closest I can find is wbaw's 220mb, but really don't like idea of having such a large cache!