[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

it has always worked for me.

and is bravia engine working on blade ????any googd??

Haven't seen any difference, would need a professional photographer to do a side-by-side under same conditions. But that's offtopic here ;)

In more related news:

My Blade is running well without even one reboot since I've flashed it an hour after the ROM came out. My problems with USB were related to a screwed up cable -.-

Guest Davidoff59

Akash, its a good idea to remove that screen shot which shows your imei number. Cloning whilst illegal may still occur and it could create issues for you in the future.

Imei numbers are unique and you have posted yours publicly in a website that can be viewed worldwide.

Guest Spykeuk

Good evening,

first off Brilliant ROM Cant believe that a £70 phone has done so well!

OLED baby ;)

Next.

Battery drain is kind of high but I'm sure that will get better, Ginger bread always settled

BUT

biggest issue for me is I CANT hang up :( ( remember experiencing this with the first few CM7 builds.)

any help would be good cheers and thanks again!

Guest fox2000

biggest issue for me is I CANT hang up :( ( remember experiencing this with the first few CM7 builds.)

I bet you have problems with the proximity sensor not being tuned.

Just download this file: http://db.tt/YPTzTApV (thanks to Fatty Eglon who posted it!)

and place it under /system/app with Root Explorer (tap on "mount r/w" before, because /system partition is read only by default)

Reboot the phone, a "ZTE Blade Settings" app will appear in your drawer. It will let you calibrate the sensor like we were used to do with Gingerbread :)

Edited by fox2000

When it wasn't force closing though... do you happen to know if cropping wallpaper worked? That's all I use gallery for lol.

Well, I got it working on the second attempt but after playing around with the phone for a good while, all I got was FC's with gallery. I suppose a reboot / wiping gallery data could've helped but I'm back with CM7 now. Setting the repo after my hd died on me. (quite a job to redo all my changes to the source.. if I could just remember what they were :unsure: )

Guest Spykeuk

I bet you have problems with the proximity sensor not being tuned.

Just download this file: http://db.tt/YPTzTApV (thanks to Fatty Eglon who posted it!)

and place it under /system/app with Root Explorer (tap on "mount r/w" before, because /system partition is read only by default)

Reboot the phone, a "ZTE Blade Settings" app will appear in your drawer. It will let you calibrate the sensor like we were used to do with Gingerbread :)

i can get it into system\app With R/W but still it wont install "application not installed"

so i'm rebooting with RW set on /

that did it. :D

Hello,

I can't install GAPPS (because I didn't use TPT) dry.gif

But I think GAPPS are working...

SO, I just post this message because this ROM is amazing biggrin.gif

Thank you very much tongue.gif...

Sorry for my english, I love google translate ...cool.gif

Guest fox2000

i can get it into system\app With R/W but still it wont install "application not installed"

so i'm rebooting with RW set on /

that did it. :D

Yes, actually you didn't need to reboot with RW set, simply copying the .apk in /system/app and rebooting did the job. If you try to install it like any other .apk you get "application not installed" ;)

Guest chaosfoevr

Good evening,

first off Brilliant ROM Cant believe that a £70 phone has done so well!

OLED baby ;)

Next.

Battery drain is kind of high but I'm sure that will get better, Ginger bread always settled

BUT

Rom is still undergoing development..hopefully it wiil b fixed in the next release.....

For the time being u can go in settings>accessibility>power button ends call..

For now it will b alrite I guess...:)

Rom is still undergoing development..hopefully it wiil b fixed in the next release.....

For the time being u can go in settings>accessibility>power button ends call..

Tilal already stated that the next version will have proximity calibration.

@Tilal: I don't get the different between Burstlams "CM9"-builds and yours, why do the settings in the notification-area look so different? You mentioned ROM-Control somewhere else, I've searched for what it is, but it doesn't seem to relate to CM9 but to Android Open Kang Project.

Could you or someone else say something about if this can be integrated without compiling?

Ive tested this ROM and im very impressed!

It works a lot better then AOSP ROM and very smooth.

But i have one problem, ICS does not recognize my SD card.

When i try to connect SD card to phone, it quiting when its initializing apps/data and says "You can safely remove the SD card now".

How is this possible to fix?

Guest tilal6991

Ive tested this ROM and im very impressed!

It works a lot better then AOSP ROM and very smooth.

But i have one problem, ICS does not recognize my SD card.

When i try to connect SD card to phone, it quiting when its initializing apps/data and says "You can safely remove the SD card now".

How is this possible to fix?

just remove your sd card, give it a wipe and put it back in. Works for me everytime :P

Guest rafalo1333

But could You implement this settings? I.e pressing the settings icon in status bar shows mini menu with indicators/switchers like wifi/bt/ and bar with brightness control - do you know what i am talking about?

It was great in first builds of CM9, alpha 3.0 had this ;)

Guest Fatty Eglon

Had fun today trying to tpt my phone as I had discovered it only had 160 meg system partition.

I somehow goosed/bricked the phone. Next I spent two hours sorting it out. Sorted it via windows firmware program. It now has a new partition setup to fit Coldfusion and gapps on.

Despite having a 200meg plus sys partition, gapps still didn't work at all (regardless of which version I used). Dunno why this is the case?! Is this something to do with how I partitioned it? It's to 220 meg stock gen 2 one. Please don't tell me to flash again, the last one was an incredibly traumatic experience. :blink:

Currently on Burstlams Alpha 6 which is okay but not as fast or smooth as Coldfusion. I'm only on this because of the above issue.

Any suggestions people?

I've been pulling my hair out on this for a week!! :(

Edited by Fatty Eglon

Guest tilal6991

But could You implement this settings? I.e pressing the settings icon in status bar shows mini menu with indicators/switchers like wifi/bt/ and bar with brightness control - do you know what i am talking about?

It was great in first builds of CM9, alpha 3.0 had this ;)

But that isn't CM9 that's aokp. A completely different ROM.

Guest tilal6991

Had fun today trying to tpt my phone as I had discovered it only had 160 meg system partition.

I somehow goosed/bricked the phone. Next I spend two hours sorting it out. Sorted it via windows firmware program. It now had new partition setup to fit Coldfusion and gapps on.

Despite having a 200meg plus sys partition, gapps still didn't work at all (regardless of which version I used). Dunno why this is the case?! Is this something to do with how I partitioned it using windows?

Currently on Burstlams Alpha 6 which is okay but not as fast or smooth as Coldfusion. I'm only on this because of the above issue.

Any suggestions people?

I've been pulling my hair out on this for a week!! :(

200 is more than enough. When you connect to the Internet does marke not show up?

just remove your sd card, give it a wipe and put it back in. Works for me everytime :P

You're awesome :D.

Now can i find out what the best way is to connect phone to PC.

Tnx for your help! wub.gif

@tilal since the camera is kinda only a tertiary function of the phone right now (with no camera preview available) would you consider changing the lockscreen shortcut to something more useful? In the ROM im running on my Touchpad the devs have replaced the camera shortcut with a silence shortcut. I think this would be much more useful here too.

Also see what you think of this http://rootzwiki.com...98#entry351098? it makes the app switcher horizontal instead of vertical (kinda like webos). Its purely cosmetic but I think it looks pretty good (having got used to horizontal app switching on my touchpad ;)) If you like it maybe you could implement it in the next release... if not its all good

Edited by fp30