Need help with battery

Guest Anthony1989

Guest Anthony1989

My girlfriend has had her san franscisco 2 for a week now and i have installed fish and chips rom on it, but, the battery life is really poor i have callibrated the battery and everything but it is still really bad.

Battery usage stats:

Mobile standy: 32%

Wifi: 32%

Display: 22%

Phone idle: 16%

Any help on how to get better battery life?

Thanks

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Use SetCPU to make the phone ramp down the CPU speed when the display is off, this gets me loads of battery life.

is a tutorial on how to configure it.

There are, of course, other programs, CPU Tuner being one of them, it's apparently more powerful and allows more control but it looks more complicated too.

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest Anthony1989

Just configures it for her and will reply back tomorrow or in a few days to say how its got on, thanks for that great help mate. I hope this phone gets popular soon an has plenty of roms

Guest windy_miller

My girlfriend has had her san franscisco 2 for a week now and i have installed fish and chips rom on it, but, the battery life is really poor i have callibrated the battery and everything but it is still really bad.

Battery usage stats:

Mobile standy: 32%

Wifi: 32%

Display: 22%

Phone idle: 16%

Any help on how to get better battery life?

Thanks

Turn the Wi-fi off when you are not using it. Also, check that the phone is sleeping propely. When the screen is off, wait for about 10 seconds, then press the home button. If the screen comes on then the phone is not properly asleep. If you have to use the power button to turn the screen back on then everything is ok.

There is a problem in the latest fish and chips ROM which prevents the phone sleeping sometimes. This should be fixed in the next release. You may also have a dodgy app keeping a wakelock open which prevents the phone from sleeping. Install Better Battery Stats from the market, and leave it for a day or two. Then look at the "Partial Wakelocks" "Since unplugged". This should tell you if anything is preventing the phone from sleeping.

Guest Andymac1969

Use SetCPU to make the phone ramp down the CPU speed when the display is off, this gets me loads of battery life.

is a tutorial on how to configure it.

There are, of course, other programs, CPU Tuner being one of them, it's apparently more powerful and allows more control but it looks more complicated too.

I found that really useful, thank you, I find these Android phones chew through battery's, so I have SET CPU, but have never used it, I have just watched the video and set up a load of profiles on my Vivacity, and will see if it improves its poor battery life.

Andrew

Guest Ratzmandious

I had the same problem and installed GreenPower free version. It disables the wifi when the screen is not turned on (though it turns it on every so often to do syncs), along with a host of other power management items. Found that the battery life was significantly increased and never really had a problem with connectivity...

Before GreenPower I was usually at 10-15% power at the end of a day...

After I installed it I'm usually at 50-60% power at the end of the day....