Sky Go on Skate

Guest razzmataz1478

Guest razzmataz1478

There seems to have been some progress on getting Sky Go to work with ICS and rooted devices here...

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1506967

However, the problem i'm having is that I can't hide my root (not detected even though su permissions granted) and I'm getting error 37 after 100% buffer on Sky News....

Will some people just test it on any ROM to see if there is a difference...

I'm using AtOmic R7

Edit: Here is the app you can try: http://forum.xda-dev...8&postcount=555

Update: Well it's good news for news junkies (see what I did there? No? Never mind...)

as Sky News works on Ice Armour III with root unprotected :). No premium channels yet, i'll have to keep watching xda...

Edited by razzmataz1478

Guest darren2

I get the error 37 on my OMC stock rom. Sky News should play regardless of being rooted or not, but doesn't. Paid channels don't get past 0% hiding my root with Temp Root Remover Lite from the market. My ZTE RACER plays Sky News fine but like my OMC not the paid channels again hiding root.

Guest razzmataz1478

I get the error 37 on my OMC stock rom. Sky News should play regardless of being rooted or not, but doesn't. Paid channels don't get past 0% hiding my root with Temp Root Remover Lite from the market. My ZTE RACER plays Sky News fine but like my OMC not the paid channels again hiding root.

It's odd that our OMCs won't even play sky news, especially because it has no DRM. Most phones on xda play it regardless

• 1 month later...
Guest gitly-git

I tried it with all 3 versions on xda. Version 1.0 will not work, 1.3 and 1.5 will. But only shows sky news as it's free to air. All other stuff comes up with an error and sits at loading screen.

Possibly to do with DRM? Tried with root hiders as well, still no joy. Discussion on xda talks about using stock roms or kernels with some success.