Where to go after Blade I

Guest BarryH

I've had the original Orange San Francisco model for about 16 months now, can anyone advise what to look at next?

Nothing to expensive as I've been OK with the San Francisco. Orange keep letting me know there is now a San Francisco II available and I've also seen the Orange Monte Carlo. Are either of these worth moving to or should I stick with what I've got?

Thanks for looking.

Guest Maxsas360

I've had the original Orange San Francisco model for about 16 months now, can anyone advise what to look at next?

Nothing to expensive as I've been OK with the San Francisco. Orange keep letting me know there is now a San Francisco II available and I've also seen the Orange Monte Carlo. Are either of these worth moving to or should I stick with what I've got?

Thanks for looking.

Get a Huawei u8800pro. Many advantages. My dad has one and It's AWESOME. It's performance is in Samsung Galaxy S class.

Guest tilal6991

Get a Huawei u8800pro. Many advantages. My dad has one and It's AWESOME. It's performance is in Samsung Galaxy S class.

But its also quite expensive and doesn't have much of a community.

Guest Davidoff59

I would hold off. look at what was recently announced at MWC. Zte have some nice phones in the pipeline if you are going to stick with Zte.

Move forward, not backwards.

Guest Maxsas360

But its also quite expensive and doesn't have much of a community.

Community is sluggish and It costs 25£ with a contract in lithuania so. I think about getting one myself lol.

Guest oxyg3n89

Huawei u8800 is  very good choice, have one. Pro version runs and feels TWICE faster when compared to blade (runs perfectly at 1.2-1.4 ghz) and not too big like Skate. Plus Arm7 cpu, adreno 205, lots memory for ROM give big potential for future development. If you care about community U8800 is better choice, have ICS  ported and official MIUI running. U8800Pro is faster but very little custom roms to choose from. Quite expensive ? does cost twice less than Desire S  !  ~180 vs ~360 Euro  (new) 

Edited by oxyg3n89

Guest skywave

If you want to upgrade and be future proof for more than 6 months, go armv7. Otherwise i would say hold it for a while and in the summer, well maybe actually now you can get armv7 devices for what a blade costed this summer. There were some good deals already, nexus s for 199 quid for example.

But it depends on your budget and timeframe, but right now at MWC there are a shitload of budget ARMv7 even dualcore phones announced. And the old and/org ARMv6 phones will be dumped at bargain prices.

I wouldn't bother with the OSF 2 though, only thing changed is touchscreen and wifi. And a much smaller community.

Edited by skywave

Guest davidloweruk

Zte kate 4.3 screen. Looking phone become the daddy of the blade and tons of new roms to choose and many more to come with a custom rom on zte skate like latestest cm7 2012 roms and fully able. Working .rom ... zte skate very fast on later cm7 2012 version .. and cm9 ics for skate coming and should get better ... i own zte blade 1st gen tpt changed to gen2 overclocked to 710mzh and i own zte skate cm7 2012 version overclocked to 1017mzh

Guest Maxsas360

I got one for my son the other day. I was so impressed I ordered one for myself. We loved our OSFs, but this makes them look very old and tired. The best bargain since the OSF IMHO.

How's the Sense 3D?

Guest Borderland

How's the Sense 3D?

Sense itself isn't 3D, but the 3D photos, 3D games and 3D movies are amazing. Haven't tried taking my own 3D video yet.

Guest crnadakm

It depends on your budget.

I bought ZTE Skate after selling Blade, and what I got is a bigger screen and a little bit faster phone and that's about it. Still crappy camera and no real performance but I have everything I need (I had it on Blade too but now everything is just a little bit better). To be honest Blade felt more solid, this one feels like it's falling apart every time i have it in my hands, it squeaks a lot...

Overall Skate is a nice phone, considering the price it becomes awesome!

My recommendations : If you can sell Blade than do so and buy Skate, if you have more money I'd go for some HTC or maybe SE ARC.

Edited by crnadakm