HTC's ICS updates start rolling out and device plans detailed

Guest Mark Dearlove

Guest Mark Dearlove

HTC have blogged that they are starting to roll out updates to some of their handsets. The first handsets to get the ICS treatment are the HTC Sensation and HTC Sensation XE, with other devices following over the 'next few weeks'. The other devices due the official update are:

• DROID Incredible 2 by HTC

• HTC Amaze 4G

• HTC Desire S

• HTC Desire HD

• HTC EVO 3D

• HTC EVO Design 4G

• HTC Incredible S

• HTC Sensation

• HTC Sensation XL

• HTC Sensation 4G

• HTC Sensation XE

• HTC Raider

• HTC Rezound

• HTC Rhyme

• HTC Thunderbolt

• HTC Vivid

Devices that I would expect to see that are omitted include the Desire Z, Flyer and Jetstream. It seems strange that the Z is not there when the Desire HD is as they were released around the same time. Owners of the Flyer and Jetstream tablets will be disappointed with the lack of information surrounding their devices though. The Jetstream is a 6 month old device so surely they can expect to see an ICS update too.

It may well take a while for these updates to filter through to your device as the carriers will probably add delays to the rollouts.

HTC said:

"Once we start pushing out updates it will take time for all carriers in each country to get the update. We are working closely with our carrier partners to nail down update schedules for our other smartphones and will have more to share very soon."

Let us know when you get your OTA notification.

Source: HTC

This item was promoted to the News page - click here to view.

Guest JcMalta

My stock HTC Sensation (unlocked) is downloading ICS direct from HTC now. I used the "Software Updates" option to kick it off. Location: Malta, EU

Guest JcMalta

Update 2: The install was painless - took around 10 minutes ... everything is looking quite good so far .. smooth, fast operation .... I'm feeling a lot more comfortable with the Sensation now .... My "primary" phone is the Galaxy Nexus, so I have been used to ICS for a while ... this really does look like a very worthwhile upgrade for Sensation users.

Guest JcMalta

Update 3: BAD NEWS! .... The Sensation can no longer see any Wi-Fi networks ..... My Gnexus, EVO 3D, Kindle and Laptop are seeing everything around me .... but the upgraded Sensation seems totally blind :(

Another time, Another thread !

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.