[CLOSED 29-05-12]

Guest tillaz

Guest tillaz

quick tip for finding and changing hex colours in a .xml

1] decompile the .apk

2] now find the hex colour that is been used that you wish to change, the way i do this is by going to the root of your project in apk manager etc. and searching .xml in the top right of the window, this brings up every xml there is in the apk.

providing you have notepad ++ installed drag and highlight all the .xml you just searched... now right click and open with notepad ++

this should open them all in in tabs, now its easy.. just use the search tab at the top, and press the find button,

search # and press "find all in open documents"

this will bring up a list of all the hex colours been used in all the xml, now you can go threw them to find the colour you want to change..

i do this by opening gimp and copying and pasting the hex codes in to gimp colour selector so i can see what the colour is, (without the first 3 didgets #FF )

post-913969-0-54071100-1333733317_thumb.

once you find the hex code of the colour you wish to change, do a new search for this in all open documents like above.. for example search 3535b3

this will show you everywhere that colour is used

you can then use the replace tap to change all instantness of that colour to your new colour with one click biggrin.gif

this might seem like a lot but once you pick it up it take's seconds, and .xml editing becomes much faster

EDIT: fixed typos

Guest tillaz

Thanks for tips dude :)

What you think so far ?

looks really cool

post-913969-0-27312600-1333737642_thumb.

post-913969-0-44678800-1333737643_thumb.

post-913969-0-63015100-1333737644_thumb.

did you try white seek_thumbs, i think this would look sweat, up to you though smile.gif

keep up the good work, its great to see other people learning and producing new themes and mods for the fourms wink.gif

Cheers I will do that.The theme is a long way off finished,as your Atomic mod is detailed.

If this was to be a theme for atomic,I would need to theme all the apps you have themed too.

Plenty of work to be doing :lol: I will try what you said on previous page,sounds more complicated,but I can see how that would be an easier option.

Edited by Guest

Guest tillaz

Cheers I will do that.The theme is a long way off finished,as your Atomic mod is detailed.

If this was to be a theme for atomic,I would need to theme all the apps you have themed too.

Plenty of work to be doing :lol: I will try what you said on previous page,sounds more complicated,but I can see how that would be an easier option.

remember thats only for changing text colour, most theming of the app's and stuff are just.png's

remember thats only for changing text colour, most theming of the app's and stuff are just.png's

Yeah the PNG part is easy enough,just hope I don't come to the smali lol

Well I probably will because for the past week I have been doing my own rom using the stock orange rom,so far I have just been working on the theme and added build.prop tweaks.

I was quite surprised how a few build.prop tweaks can have such a great effect on performance.The stock rom was really laggy,but after a few tweaks,it is nearly as responsive as AtomicMod.I done it all on my skate using X-Plore app,what an amazing app that is.

Anyway,hows R14 coming along?

loving the look of the new status bar.

Edited by Guest

Guest tillaz

Yeah the PNG part is easy enough,just hope I don't come to the smali lol

Well I probably will because for the past week I have been doing my own rom using the stock orange rom,so far I have just been working on the theme and added build.prop tweaks.

I was quite surprised how a few build.prop tweaks can have such a great effect on performance.The stock rom was really laggy,but after a few tweaks,it is nearly as responsive as AtomicMod.

smali is the hard stuff, its a nightmare to work with.

you can speed up animations by decompiling framework-res and going to

res / values / bools

and change the first to lines to this

<bool name="config_sf_limitedAlpha">false</bool>
<bool name="config_sf_slowBlur">true</bool>[/code]

R14 is going good, but there loads of bugs to fix (mainly the layout & theme) sad.gif

smali is the hard stuff, its a nightmare to work with.

you can speed up animations by decompiling framework-res and going to

res / values / bools

and change the first to lines to this

<bool name="config_sf_limitedAlpha">false</bool>

<bool name="config_sf_slowBlur">true</bool>

Where do you learn all this stuff ? Is there some kind of guide for building roms?

I normally look on xda to pick up tips & tricks,that's where I found all the build.prop tweaks.One I really like is for disabling adb notify,that really annoys me.lol.

Guest cryoglobe

Format the ext partition in clockwork mod under the advanced menu, this should change the format, you won't be able to restore the apps you had before but it should be good for the future

Hello razzmataz1478

I was really motivated to restart from scratch and have all this working ... but there is something not ok .. ( or I still miss something )

What I did ..

1: in clockworkmod ( I have 4.0.1.4 ) : advanced

I only see one menu that concerns the partition : "Partition SD card" , then choose of the size "512" .. and waiting some time

Result : full format of my sd ( not really expected ) ... with a 2nd partition of the size of 512Mb

2 : As R13 support the 2 Mb of cache .. I restarted the phone to apply the new TPT for the sizing of the partitions.

3 : Install of the R13

4 : reboot ( first boot ) of the R13 .. seems ok ..

5 : reboot in recovery to make a nand backup with a fresh R13 but already configured ..

And now .. the message :

Could not mount sd-ext. sd-ext backup may not be supported on this device. Skipping backup of sd-ext :(

So .. I think I'm back in my start point ... with the same issue to backup and easy restore my apps beeing located in the 2nd partition !!

Right ?

( why is it not "supported ? " )

Guest razzmataz1478

Hello razzmataz1478

I was really motivated to restart from scratch and have all this working ... but there is something not ok .. ( or I still miss something )

What I did ..

1: in clockworkmod ( I have 4.0.1.4 ) : advanced

I only see one menu that concerns the partition : "Partition SD card" , then choose of the size "512" .. and waiting some time

Result : full format of my sd ( not really expected ) ... with a 2nd partition of the size of 512Mb

2 : As R13 support the 2 Mb of cache .. I restarted the phone to apply the new TPT for the sizing of the partitions.

3 : Install of the R13

4 : reboot ( first boot ) of the R13 .. seems ok ..

5 : reboot in recovery to make a nand backup with a fresh R13 but already configured ..

And now .. the message :

Could not mount sd-ext. sd-ext backup may not be supported on this device. Skipping backup of sd-ext :(

So .. I think I'm back in my start point ... with the same issue to backup and easy restore my apps beeing located in the 2nd partition !!

Right ?

( why is it not "supported ? " )

Try to start right from scratch, using minitool merge all your partitions. Boot into clockwork mod, advanced partition SD card and select your amount. Flash a rom, then back it up and see if it has no compatibility issues..

Guest H3ROS

Has anyone tried the armv6 temple run?

could this engine solve problems with temple run?

It runs fine for me on AtomicMod and my soon to be released project :)

Guest cryoglobe

Try to start right from scratch, using minitool merge all your partitions. Boot into clockwork mod, advanced partition SD card and select your amount. Flash a rom, then back it up and see if it has no compatibility issues..

What will be the difference between the "partition SD card" ( that seems to have cleanup everything and create two partitions ) and minitool ?

For the partition SD card option in CWM ... i cannot choose the type of partition .... what should I pick in minitool ? ( ext2 3 or 4 or fat ) ?

Thanks

PS ... even with a resize of the partition ( systm / cache / data ) , a simple R13 without even a restore of my settings .. I still have an issue with the GPS ... that really have issue to fix the signal ... for a travel of 30 min in open space ... If I got a valid signal 3 times for 15 seconds , it's a lot..

--> why ??

Edited by cryoglobe

Guest tillaz

my goal is to make the theme look exactly like stock ICS lol iv started re-writing all the layouts and stuff, here are some early pics of where i am at, still o long way to go laugh.gif

these screenshots are just the very start, if you want to see what it will be like when finished Google some ICS screenshots wink.gif

post-913969-0-13610800-1333786860_thumb. post-913969-0-15220800-1333786864_thumb. post-913969-0-79015800-1333786868_thumb.

post-913969-0-53339300-1333786870_thumb. post-913969-0-81033800-1333786871_thumb.

bare in mind that this is still a mess and nowhere near finished

Guest razzmataz1478

What will be the difference between the "partition SD card" ( that seems to have cleanup everything and create two partitions ) and minitool ?

For the partition SD card option in CWM ... i cannot choose the type of partition .... what should I pick in minitool ? ( ext2 3 or 4 or fat ) ?

Thanks

PS ... even with a resize of the partition ( systm / cache / data ) , a simple R13 without even a restore of my settings .. I still have an issue with the GPS ... that really have issue to fix the signal ... for a travel of 30 min in open space ... If I got a valid signal 3 times for 15 seconds , it's a lot..

--> why ??

My partition is ext3 which is the clockwork mod standard format.

Guest MiiMuu

This is my favorite rom :).

Just a curiosity. Is it possible to change / remove the numbers that show wha t% that is left next to the battery indicator?

Inspired by pledgeroids mod,I thought it would look good on AtomicMod too.

I have ics blued the power control and going to do settings icons also.

edit: settings done.I used ninjamorph,but not to good at getting exact colors :lol:

post-796032-0-53120300-1333795224_thumb.

post-796032-0-90957700-1333797991_thumb.

Edited by Guest

Guest cryoglobe

Ok ... i tried it ... minitool to murge and have only one partition ( fat )

in CWM , partition of SD ... with 512Mb 0 for swap

After than ... I already face a issue ... when I want to go in the SD to find a zip to install R13 .. ( file that will anyway not be there because of the partitionning of the SD )

I have an error , as if the sd is not properly mounted ...

To have access to the SD where the R13 zip file is .... I have to "reboot recovery"

But then again ... the sd-ext will gives issues at backup time ... in the log I see : "failed to mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 (invalid argument)

I'm starting to be lost ( and tired ) ... I think I only have one remaining possibility : stop using Link2sd .. or stop changing Roms on my skate when I'll have it re-installed( lets hope R14 will be there ... and ok )

Edited by cryoglobe

Guest syst3m68

It runs fine for me on AtomicMod and my soon to be released project :)

I'm having the 'random death glitch' on tilals 4.0.4 :/ plays fine until i randomly die.

Guest RaTToX
I'm having the 'random death glitch' on tilals 4.0.4 :/ plays fine until i randomly die.

Have this to with Atomic-R13. After 13 seconds I died. It told me I had run 64 000 meters. LOL!

@ tillaz: Looks nice. Still Buggy, but im sure you can fix that.

Guest tillaz

cool new lockscreen... double tap the unlock button and it gives you music controls

post-913969-0-96301100-1333823731_thumb. post-913969-0-48868000-1333823728_thumb.

after i finish the ICS settings layout i will be releasing test builds via PM, so not long now...

Guest tillaz

i also fancy taking on the challenge of porting the t mobile theme chooser laugh.gif

i have some stuff to say on that.. but i will start a new topic when im finished with this

Guest tillaz

porting ics rotation animation is possible but looks like a very lot of work... its framework.jar, android.policy.jar, services.jar and framework-res.apk