[CLOSED 29-05-12]

Guest tillaz

Guest tillaz

ok, now iv got the latest fully sourced 2.3.5 ROM deodexed i can start to build the new rom wink.gif

expect a complete new build by the weekend, looking all stock ICS'ish wink.gif

the settings layout is going to be a big challenge... i put AOKP rom on my o2x and took loads of screen shots to work from.

don't know if its just me but the text size in settings looks smaller in ICS than gingerbread blink.gif

Guest zen_2610

Hey Tillaz, love the screenshots, althoug im just wondering still u working on logic mod as i think it has better battery life than atomic mod. That's based on my own experience, is that true or atomic is the one now, cause i like this one too, i just love dolby sound and the battery life. The atomic mod seem to be more laggy than Logic mod :D.. tks Tillaz, Ur the man !!

Guest tillaz

also, are we having answer vibrate thingy back on this thing too.. ? :D

yes, and this version is based on the latest stock build of 2.3.5 so battery will be better smile.gif

Guest zen_2610

yes, and this version is based on the latest stock build of 2.3.5 so battery will be better smile.gif

So are we saying goodbye to Logic mod then ?.. love the audio feature. :(.. much better than stock audio. :(

Guest tillaz

So are we saying goodbye to Logic mod then ?.. love the audio feature. :(.. much better than stock audio. :(

this will get Dolby eventually, also it may not be the end for logic wink.gif

Guest RaTToX

this will get Dolby eventually, also it may not be the end for logic wink.gif

"eventually" ? Uhm, is it hard to put it into another ROM or are there other reasons (filesize, compatibilty)? ohmy.gif

Guest H3ROS

@ zen_2610

You do know AtomICS already has Dolby and is already Android 2.3.5 and it has all of the performance benefits of AtomicMod, right? The only thing it doesn't have is the newer ICS theme and I'm not sure if I'd be allowed to update to that one, but if there's a demand then I have a few friends who can create what I'm sure would be a beautiful ICS theme. Of course I'd prefer to work with Tillaz, but he seems to want to do it himself.

Guest tillaz

@ zen_2610

You do know AtomICS already has Dolby and is already Android 2.3.5 and it has all of the performance benefits of AtomicMod, right? The only thing it doesn't have is the newer ICS theme and I'm not sure if I'd be allowed to update to that one, but if there's a demand then I have a few friends who can create what I'm sure would be a beautiful ICS theme. Of course I'd prefer to work with Tillaz, but he seems to want to do it himself.

it basically is atomicmod, that's where most of its features came from... blink.gif

im not going to stop updating / working on this rom just because you cloned it and added Dolby lol, and i don't really mind that you did ether wink.gif

also you never even asked about working together, if you did, there would just be one atomicmod with Dolby , obviously im going to add it eventually just like you added some of atomics features

anyway im not really sure how you could help, lol it would take me longer to explain what needed done than it would for me to actually do it.. pulse some things i would not know where to start about explaing...

if i don't respond to PMs its because im really busy with work, or one of the 3 ROMs i'm working on... not to mention i get about 10 a day, its hard to keep track. laugh.gif

and what i said to @ zen_2610 about not been the end of logicmod, is because you asked to take over it,

i personally have no time to keep 4 roms up to date sad.gif

Guest H3ROS

@ tillaz

My original goal was to add Dolby to AtomicMod, but as I'd told you it wouldn't be possible without me moving to 2.3.5 and then adding in the most important bits of AtomicMod. The problem I had then was that I'd basically built my own ROM, and this was without the Atomic theme applied which I had asked you about, but I never got a reply back to (I waited 3 days). So as you'd already shared it and was happy for people to source from it I figured it was fine and added it into AtomICS.

So you see, as I'd pretty much rebuilt the whole ROM from scratch having a little "thanks to" wasn't really enough for the hours of work I'd put into everything. It was then I decided that AtomICS would be my take on things and I'd instead credit the people who have inspired me and from who I've sourced from. And keep in mind that some of the features such as audio controls when screen is off, back button to force close apps, text cursor scroll and Dolby were features that I ported to AtomicMod at some point myself before they were present in your public builds. It just so happens that you were working on some of them at the same time as me :P

When I say work together, I mean I could take the weight off you of maintaining a ROM that has a feature that you can't even use on your device anymore. That would mean that you still do the work on AtomicMod, but for the people wanting Dolby they can use AtomICS which looks the same but has a different set of applications and a different goal. Like for example my media player is different, my gallery is different, my camera is different, how super user is handled is different and I don't offer things like the font engine.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest tillaz

@ tillaz

My original goal was to add Dolby to AtomicMod, but as I'd told you it wouldn't be possible without me moving to 2.3.5 and then adding in the most important bits of AtomicMod. The problem I had then was that I'd basically built my own ROM, and this was without the Atomic theme applied which I had asked you about, but I never got a reply back to (I waited 3 days). So as you'd already shared it and was happy for people to source from it I figured it was fine and added it into AtomICS.

So you see, as I'd pretty much rebuilt the whole ROM from scratch having a little "thanks to" wasn't really enough for the hours of work I'd put into everything. It was then I decided that AtomICS would be my take on things and I'd instead credit the people who have inspired me and from who I've sourced from. And keep in mind that some of the features such as audio controls when screen is off, back button to force close apps, text cursor scroll and Dolby were features that I ported to AtomicMod at some point myself before they were present in your public builds. It just so happens that you were working on some of them at the same time as me :P

When I say work together, I mean I could take the weight off you of maintaining a ROM that has a feature that you can't even use on your device any more. That would mean that you still do the work on AtomicMod, but for the people wanting Dolby they can use AtomICS which looks the same but has a different set of applications and a different goal. Like for example my media player is different, my gallery is different, my camera is different, how super user is handled is different and I don't offer things like the font engine.

most of the features like music controls in lockscreen i had already ported just not released in a build, you saved me time porting the rest like back button kills app, even though i would of got it eventually, just like iv ported them to a completely different device (LG-O2x)

& a differant build of android for skate > (2.3.4 logicMod)

anyway this is my take on the new stock ics theme.. when finished it will of took me 3 to 4 week's to port it to gingerbread...

something i would like to keep original to atomicMod rather than getting a small "thanks to",

im not bothered about features you used like the > cache convert, ram, cpu and sd speed scripts, ststus bar toggles i ported + modded apk's etc and all the other stuff iv explained via PM to you, its just when you or anyone else use the exact same theme it makes the Rom way to similar sad.gif

but like i said i will continue to update this rom until i get the ZTE ERA, then someone can take over this, if the want to wink.gif

Guest tillaz

Yeah, and many of atomicmod features are direct copies from another ROM. ;)

Really, where are the credits?

KonstaT, if you want to rant about credits on H3ROS rom please take the rant to his thread, wink.gif

also if you want me to add you back to the credits just say & i will

Guest H3ROS

@ KonstaT

Look at that key word "ported", I didn't claim to have made them. In my thread it already says:

Everyone who contributes to android and shares code. There's too many to name but you know who you are.

I'm not going to go into details about specific little things and believe this is sufficient.

@ Tillaz

The problem then is that if theres demand for me to release an updated ICS theme then I'd be forced to make one, which would again make my ROM look near identical to yours.

As you'd released the Atomic theme for all ROM's I would of thought you'd be happy for everyone to use your theme as long as you're credited for it.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest H3ROS

Because Tillaz has been a big help, not just with the theme but he pointed me in the right direction on one rather important file that helped me get Dolby audio working.

As for where are the credits, I've told you. I thanked the people I sourced from and so they're people where I got some features from, and these are Tillaz and C3C0. I've then gone ahead and thanked everyone in general. I'm not going to give specific names for these features because ( a ) it's not required and ( b ) the people that created the mods originally haven't asked me to.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest tillaz

@ KonstaT

Look at that key word "ported", I didn't claim to have made them. In my thread it already says:

I'm not going to go into details about specific little things and believe this is sufficient.

@ Tillaz

The problem then is that if theres demand for me to release an updated ICS theme then I'd be forced to make one, which would again make my ROM look near identical to yours.

As you'd released the Atomic theme for all ROM's I would of thought you'd be happy for everyone to use your theme as long as you're credited for it.

i would not mind about the theme begin ported to to other devices, but when two roms in the same thread have the same features and theme its seems daft,

i cant stop other skate users porting this to there rom on here, i but wont offer any help in doing it, its took me to long to make

(on two separate devices) to explain anyway, its more code/layout related than png changes,

anyway, like i said if you take over logicMod non of this matters smile.gif

but please take the arguments to another thread because i'm to busy to rant wink.gif, and it gets us nowhere

Guest H3ROS

That's what I mean. If LogicMod development was moved to AtomICS and your name was included within the ROM then it's basically an updated LogicMod. Like if you look at AtomicMod vs. LogicMod right now what's the difference? It's just Dolby Audio. Theres a bigger difference between AtomicMod and AtomICS though. And I'd just rather work with you and have you do the theme work rather than have a few of my web dev friends create an ICS theme which will end up making AtomICS look a lot like AtomicMod which will probably upset you. And I could try using a different coloured ICS theme, but personally I'm fond of the blue colour :P

All I'm going to say about KonstaT is that I'm done trying to be nice to the guy.

Guest unomesmo

Yes, and both use my original work. If you want to port these features yourself, the sources/origins are quite well linked in my threads.

Another reply.

http://android.modac...ost__p__1933078

Please, find yourself a girlfriend and leave us in peace. You bore guy!!

PD: You seem more of a fanboy of Apple, crying all day by patents!

Edited by unomesmo

Guest zen_2610

Hey Tillaz,

this might be an odd question to ask but what is kernel and does it affect the performance or battery life of the device.. :D thanks so much, still looking forward to R14

Guest zen_2610

PROGRESS ON ICS SETTING, STILL A MESS BUT %50 FINISHED

smile.gif

post-913969-0-70500300-1334174580_thumb. post-913969-0-87420800-1334174643_thumb. post-913969-0-58246000-1334174650_thumb.

post-913969-0-70230400-1334174904_thumb. post-913969-0-30520700-1334175157_thumb.

IGNORE THE CONTENT ON THE ABOUT SCREEN, ALL TESTING IS DONE ON THE O2X

loving this :).. it's ok to go with atomic mod, im an audio geek though, keep it up man !! thanks :D

Guest zen_2610

@ zen_2610

Sorry, i tried atomicICS, it's seem to be battery consumed and laggy sometimes, would be great if you 2 working together though :)