[CLOSED 29-05-12]

Guest tillaz

Guest yugo23

I upgraded today from Atomic R3 to R13. Everything is great, but I am really missing the default e-mail client, now there is just Gmail. Any way to install it manually? What was the last version of Atomic mod that had it included?

Edited by yugo23

Of course it is rooted... I don't know a reason why a modded ROM doesn't have root.

You may or not get the popups asking, but root is there...

Some versions have the popups, some don't, but if an app needs root it's granted...

Guest JockeSve

Installed and restored (CWM -> Advanced -> Data) appdata.

Now a message saying that "com.google.process.gapps" stopped working.

Workaround or fix?

Guest Sharkface

could someone do an antutu benchmark for me? my CM9 is feeling a bit sluggish and I'm considering switching to this, especially for gaming

U9FyN.png

Guest timfimjim

I upgraded today from Atomic R3 to R13. Everything is great, but I am really missing the default e-mail client, now there is just Gmail. Any way to install it manually? What was the last version of Atomic mod that had it included?

If you still have the zip for R3 you could extract the app. Open up the zip in a program like winRAR, go to /system/app and it's called Email.apk

(If you don't still have R3 then you can get it from a lot of ROMs, like SKatie or stock)

Extract the app, place on your sd card. Find it on your phone through a file manager app and install.

Hope this helps.

Guest CrypticX

If you want to use exchange mail, I can highly recommend "touchdown". (There are a lot of alternatives in the playstore also of course...)

Guest pablo_el_diablo

Any chance to get auto-brightness settings back. If I remember this was included in previous releases (or maybe different ROM), I was able to set light sensor intervals. Now changing levels every other second is pretty annoying. Thanks! :)

Guest tillaz

looking to get this out tonight... i have a small problem though,

the am style on the clock is tiny and looks crap.. on my o2x its AM and same size as the time... any one know how to change this???

will post some pics of what i mean soon blink.gif

Guest tillaz

Can you not change the dpi of it? I know it can be done with clock

its must be changed somewhere other than the systemUI because iv used the same layout as on the o2x huh.gif

i know cm7 has an option to change it in cm settings.. maybe that can give some clues

Guest tillaz

ahh... just fund it after looking at the smali code

# static fields
.field private static final AM_PM_STYLE:I = 0x0

.field private static final AM_PM_STYLE_GONE:I = 0x2

.field private static final AM_PM_STYLE_NORMAL:I = 0x0

.field private static final AM_PM_STYLE_SMALL:I = 0x1[/xml]

Guest tillaz

iv managed to change smali code so carrier name is forced to use SPN... meaning i can now include an option to change carrier name in the settings, that will work on all networks... only problem is it shows blanc for some reason at first boot huh.gif but you can easily enter your carrier name from settings then it will show...

i might just not include it..

I think it would be more useful to have some kind of a dynamic info instead of static one in there.

Just for a quick example: uptime showing for how long the phone is turned on. Or some other dynamic info that could be

maybe more useful than static text :)