Afaik link 2sd has transparency

U can select the apps needed to be transferred

Sent from my ZTE Blade using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Guest uosiek

What do youmean by transparent.

Afaik link 2sd has transparency

U can select the apps needed to be transferred

Sent from my ZTE Blade using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

App installs in internal memory and after that link2sd moves it to ext4 and links to internal memory.

S2E just mounts ext4 on /data folders...

Guest Pelemanne

App installs in internal memory and after that link2sd moves it to ext4 and links to internal memory.

S2E just mounts ext4 on /data folders...

Yes, you've to keep it up yourself.cool.gif

Guest trueno2k

Hi,

I went through the guide in the OP (except I installed s2e to data/app - as in I pushed the apk to sdcard and used device to install app) and when I start up s2e I only get /cache option enabled only, the other options are greyed out!... Please help!... I don't understand what I'm missing!... Is there something I'm not doing right?!... Is there more files that needed?!... Does the s2e.apk have to be in /system/app!???... I couldn't previously to get this to work and still can't!!!... So annoying that I can't just use it like Link2SD!!!...

Guest Ar_jay

Will I lose performance if I move the Dalvik Cache onto the SD card? (SD Card is the one that came with the blade, I assume its class 2/4)

Thanks

Guest meep.o.matic

I've never felt the need to use this but with ICS and a 220mb TPT things are a little diferent... Can anybody point me to anywhere where I could learn how to use this please? 'Cuz i'm pretty much clueless :mellow:

So far I flashed Dazzozzo's 31032012-a2sd-ext3.zip (respecting the ColdfusionX OP flash order) and partitioned my SD (512MB, 32MB swap size [i have no clue what this is])

Thanks

EDIT: I've managed to cripple my SD card trying to delete the ext3 partition... tried to mount ext3 and use Mini Tool's Partition Wizard to restore the card but the program doesn't pick the partition up :( Can sombody help me please :(

EDIT #2: I've managed to delete the partition and format the card. It had to be mounted from witnin ICS and not CWM as I was doing. Windows then picked up the partitions and the rest is history. Now every option onde S2E is just greyied out...

Edited by meep.o.matic

Guest Bergkees

I went through the guide in the OP (except I installed s2e to data/app - as in I pushed the apk to sdcard and used device to install app) and when I start up s2e I only get /cache option enabled only, the other options are greyed out!... Please help!... I don't understand what I'm missing!... Is there something I'm not doing right?!... Is there more files that needed?!... Does the s2e.apk have to be in /system/app!???... I couldn't previously to get this to work and still can't!!!... So annoying that I can't just use it like Link2SD!!!...

I have been struggling with different guides/zips to get s2e to work on coldfusionx until i flashed the modified zip asm19 posted yesterday.

http://android.modac...ost__p__1931545

Now everything works great.

Guest sensory

I have been struggling with different guides/zips to get s2e to work on coldfusionx until i flashed the modified zip asm19 posted yesterday.

http://android.modac...ost__p__1931545

Now everything works great.

Works well, thanks!

Anyone trying this, the first boot will take a good 5 minutes (or it did for me at least). Don't be put off, it works as intended on the latest ColdFusion (07/04/2012 as of writing)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello uosiek,

thank you for the OP, tried that and it worked really well. The only question I have is: what is the procedure after a ROM Update? Because after flashing an updated ROM, I had next to no apps any more (kind of understandable, given the procedure... although that only occured to me afterwards)

I reverted now and am thinking about how to set this up after an update. Is it just the same procedure, so does app2sd then find my applications again? or can I skip some steps?

Thanks

Guest birdibird

s2e doesn't work well (with some options 'reboot' stays mentioned)

but a2sdgui works perfect!

(get it in Play Store)

(cfx 0205)

Edited by birdibird

• 2 weeks later...
Guest N@chi

This worked for me! Thanks!

S3E now sees my ext partition and after reboot everything was moved there smile.gif

EDIT:

For some reason, random apps won't install, saying "insufficient storage space"

for instance i can't install this:

https://play.google....sdroid.cerberus

Though it was an issue with the store so tried installing the apk manually, but still no.

Other bigger apps (Opera, etc) install ok.

Hi, were you able to get rid of the "insufficient storage space" error? even I am facing this problem whenever I try to update or d/l something from the market. But if you install .apk i am able to install strange ;(

Guest staud

Hey guys,

though I've been reading this thread and many many pages of the ColdfusionX thread over the past few weeks I'm quite unsure what's the easiest and method to move apps to SD and what method is compatible to my ROM. There seem to be so many s2e_v_somewhat-scripts and scraps of guides. It also seems to me that every version of the ROM needs a different method to get a2sd working. I would be pleased if someone could enlighten me.

ROM: coldfusion X 15/05

ext partition: yes, empty (but don't know if it's ext3 or ext4, how to check that?)

1) What's the easiest method to get a2sd working on my ROM?) - please step by step

2) I already have several apps installed, will they be moved to sd without problems?

3) What am I supposed to do in case I want to install an update of the ROM / what happens with the ext-partition?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by staud

Guest steeperton

I used the v4 script, and it seems to be working, ish.

S2E app says that a reboot is required. Constantly. Rebooting doesn't help. And if I install the update from market, it stops it all from working (all options are greyed out after update). Is this just my set up?

ColdfusionX, 210Mb system, 2Mb cache.

Guest Bergkees
I used the v4 script, and it seems to be working, ish.

S2E app says that a reboot is required. Constantly. Rebooting doesn't help. And if I install the update from market, it stops it all from working (all options are greyed out after update). Is this just my set up?

ColdfusionX, 210Mb system, 2Mb cache.

Well no, it's not just your setup. I have been trying a lot, including re-format of the sd and ext partitions, but the reboot message stays.

So, yes its working but not fully. I never had this problem with older versions. I'm even starting to suspect it might be related to cfx.

Is your sd-ext partition ext3 or ext4?

Guest trueno2k
Got it working with s2e v4 script.
I don't know where to find this script!... Could you kindly provide us with a link or upload it to us, so that we may have a look at what this script is doing to create a sd-ext mount for S2E v2 please?

Thanks...

Guest steeperton

I don't know where to find this script!... Could you kindly provide us with a link or upload it to us, so that we may have a look at what this script is doing to create a sd-ext mount for S2E v2 please?

Thanks...

Here you go:

simple2ext-v4.zip

Guest stanvladut

Hi everyone! I just flashed simple2ext-v4.zip about 5 minutes ago but all the options are greyed. Knows anybody a solution ? Thanks!