Frequent reboots in poor reception / tmobile orange roaming?

Guest rjm2k

Guest rjm2k

Anyone else having problems with tmobile roaming onto orange a lot recently? my skate seems to spend more time on orange now than its home network of tmobile, cooincidently it seems to be rebooting itself a lot recently which i assume is due to signal issues. I'm running the Brightpoint rom, pretty much unchanged. Thinking of trying atomic etc when I get chance. I rang t-mobile to request a new sim in case it's just an issue with my old one but the robot in india told me that wouldn't fix anything and they would want to charge for it, i've had issues fixed before with new sims.

Edited by rjm2k

Guest tillaz

Anyone else having problems with tmobile roaming onto orange a lot recently? my skate seems to spend more time on orange now than its home network of tmobile, cooincidently it seems to be rebooting itself a lot recently which i assume is due to signal issues. I'm running the Brightpoint rom, pretty much unchanged. Thinking of trying atomic etc when I get chance. I rang t-mobile to request a new sim in case it's justify an issue with my old one but the robot in india told me that wouldn't fix anything and they would want to charge for it, i've had issues fixed before with new sims.

Yes, and the annoying thing about it is you can force it back on t mobile witch has full signal, its changing to oranges crappy signal for no reason..

If this happens just go to network settings and search networks and select t mobile

Guest Nebbo

Thought it was a just a local reception problem, has happening to me a lot recently. It's definitely not a Skate thing as wife's Iphone 3GS has had same thing happening

Guest tillaz

Thought it was a just a local reception problem, has happening to me a lot recently. It's definitely not a Skate thing as wife's Iphone 3GS has had same thing happening

yeah, same on my o2x

Guest rjm2k

great, not just me then! After I gave up on the indian robot I twittered tmobile and they said there were no issues where I reported, guess they don't know whats going on with their network. I guess I'm noticing more because I have a PIN on my SIM so I can tell when it's rebooted because it won't reconnect until I enter the PIN. :( at this rate I'll be running my credit down and switching to giff gaff

Guest Nick Rhodes

Same issue here with my blade.

Phone normally never reboots with navigation.

Went to the lake district Sunday where tmobile reception was poor, most of the time roaming to orange and my blade reboot 3 times on navigate. Drove to Newcastle yesterday and back on the A1 and not a single reboot, only roamed a few times and not for long.

Once it rebooted whilst I was stationary.

I am running CM7

Cheers, Nick

Edited by Nick Rhodes

Guest rjm2k

sill having loads of problems with my phone so I tried the orange sim that came with it for a while, no issues. I've now texted STOP to 2121 to disable roaming onto orange so will see how that goes!

Update:

Uptime 7.5 hours and still going, first time in a while!

*touches wood*

Edited by rjm2k

Guest Pillhead

ive not been getting reboots but signal has been awful lately in the areas where its normally fine. keeps switching between the networks!

Guest rjm2k

well it has rebooted once, maybe twice (though the 2nd could have been lack of battery power) but seems much better, the once was probably in a low signal area so it may still be better than when orange enabled since it's spending less time switching between the 2 networks.

Guest Nebbo

If I was in a weak signal area I could understand it, but here we usually have a full signal for all the networks - a fairly new mast a couple of streets away. Maybe they are working on merging the T-Mobile and Orange 2 networks? :unsure: