U8230 + camera works

Guest gius86

Guest lloco73

Thanks but I've tried all those ROM and my U8230 crashed when I try to start camera's app.

Hi. i'm using Stock FROYO + 2.6.32 kernel rom without any big issues. Oh i also have a U8230.

Edited by lloco73

Guest jgilalonso

Thanks but I've tried all those ROM and my U8230 crashed when I try to start camera's app.

I have the same problem.

With all the ROMS, when I open the camera app, the phone restarts.

I've tried with Camera360, and other camera apps. The problem is always the same.

How I can obtain the logcat for this issue?

Can somebody explain to me the steps to get a good logcat file?

I would post it here to recieve help.

Thanks a lot.

Guest gius86

Just yesterday I restored my phone but also with the original system my camera doesn't work.

It's strange because, before I tried to upgrade my phone, the camera worked perfecly (slowly but perfectly)

Somebody can help me please?

Guest jgilalonso

Hi,

I show you my logcat.txt from my U8220 with Stock FROYO + 2.6.32 kernel ROM.

Perhaps, Dr. Flo or Pier11 or someone else can help us.

I paste only the camera part.

Thanks,

I/ActivityManager( 1289): Starting activity: Intent { act=android.intent.action.MAIN cat=[android.intent.category.LAUNCHER] flg=0x10200000 cmp=com.android.camera/.Camera bnds=[243,338][317,417] }

I/ActivityManager( 1289): Start proc com.android.camera for activity com.android.camera/.Camera: pid=2120 uid=10006 gids={1006, 1015}

I/WindowManager( 1289): Setting rotation to 1, animFlags=1

I/ActivityManager( 1289): Config changed: { scale=1.0 imsi=214/3 loc=es_ES touch=3 keys=1/1/2 nav=3/1 orien=2 layout=18 uiMode=17 seq=4}

I/ActivityManager( 1289): Displayed activity com.android.camera/.Camera: 798 ms (total 798 ms)

W/IInputConnectionWrapper( 1387): showStatusIcon on inactive InputConnection

E/Camera-JNI( 2120): Camera::connect()

E/QualcommCameraHardware( 1200): initDefaultParameters

E/QualcommCameraHardware( 1200): jpeg_encoder_setGPSInfo = 0x81002b5d.

E/QualcommCameraHardware( 1200): pmem pool /dev/pmem_adsp ioctl(PMEM_GET_SIZE) is 118784

E/QualcommCameraHardware( 1200): hal_mmap #0 start = 40b50000 end = 40b6c1ff

E/QualcommCameraHardware( 1200): native_start_preview: MSM_CAM_IOCTL_CTRL_COMMAND failed. ioctlRetVal=-1

E/QualcommCameraHardware( 1200): main: start_preview failed!

E/QualcommCameraHardware( 1200): WAIT FOR QCS IDLE COMPLETE IN STOP PREVIEW

E/QualcommCameraHardware( 1200): native_stop_preview: ioctl failed. ioctl return value is -1

E/QualcommCameraHardware( 1200): frame_thread exit passed!

E/QualcommCameraHardware( 1200): pthread_cancel succeeded on conf_thread

W/dalvikvm( 2120): threadid=8: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x40028870)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2120): FATAL EXCEPTION: Thread-9

E/AndroidRuntime( 2120): java.lang.RuntimeException: startPreview failed

E/AndroidRuntime( 2120): at com.android.camera.Camera.startPreview(Camera.java:1979)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2120): at com.android.camera.Camera.access$6200(Camera.java:100)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2120): at com.android.camera.Camera$4.run(Camera.java:1040)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2120): at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1096)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2120): Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: startPreview failed

E/AndroidRuntime( 2120): at android.hardware.Camera.startPreview(Native Method)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2120): at com.android.camera.Camera.startPreview(Camera.java:1976)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2120): ... 3 more

W/ActivityManager( 1289): Force finishing activity com.android.camera/.Camera

I/WindowManager( 1289): Setting rotation to 0, animFlags=1

I/ActivityManager( 1289): Config changed: { scale=1.0 imsi=214/3 loc=es_ES touch=3 keys=1/1/2 nav=3/1 orien=1 layout=18 uiMode=17 seq=5}

W/ActivityManager( 1289): Activity pause timeout for HistoryRecord{44956ee8 com.android.camera/.Camera}

I/ActivityManager( 1289): No longer want com.koushikdutta.rommanager (pid 1502): hidden #16

I/ActivityManager( 1289): Process com.android.camera (pid 2120) has died.

I/WindowManager( 1289): WIN DEATH: Window{449006c8 com.android.camera/com.android.camera.Camera paused=false}

W/InputManagerService( 1289): Got RemoteException sending setActive(false) notification to pid 2120 uid 10006

W/ActivityManager( 1289): Activity destroy timeout for HistoryRecord{44956ee8 com.android.camera/.Camera}

I/ActivityManager( 1289): Starting activity: Intent { flg=0x10000000 cmp=jackpal.androidterm/.Term bnds=[0,101][320,165] }

Guest gius86

Hi. i'm using Stock FROYO + 2.6.32 kernel rom without any big issues. Oh i also have a U8230.

To everybody who has a working camera: which version of clockworkmod do you use?

To everybody who has a working camera: which version of clockworkmod do you use?

2.5.0.7. - select Huawei Pulse when flashing recovery from rom manager

Guest jgilalonso

2.5.0.7. - select Huawei Pulse when flashing recovery from rom manager

Is there anybody with Clockworkmod 3.1.0.1 and with the camera working?

This is my version.

Is it posible that the problem was the ClockWorkMod Recovery version?

Never I've had problems flashing ROMS!!! The only problem is the camera.

Thanks

Guest lloco73

No way!!! My camera is out!!!

I used clockworkmod 2.5.0.7 as you said me but camera doesn't work with "Stock FROYO + 2.6.32 kernel rom" nor with "CyanogenMod 7.2 | Kernel 2.6.32 | Camera works".

I don't know what I can do!!!

Is there anybody who could help me, please?

and with eclair stock rom? does camera work?

Guest jgilalonso

and with eclair stock rom? does camera work?

Hi,

I've tried to flash the previous ROM (with which camera worked) but no solution.

Seems like some parameters in the phone have changed independently of the ROM.

That may be possible?

Thanks

Guest gius86

Now the phone sometimes doesn't crash, but it show me the message "errore fotocamera" "impossibile collegarsi alla fotocamera"....

PLEASE, SOMEBODY HELPS ME!!! :'-(

Guest lloco73

have you wiped data/factory reset on clockwork mod before rom install?

I have done hundreds of reflashs and had no problems.

clockworkmod must be v2.5.0.7

wipe data/factory reset and also wipe cache partition

install zip from sdcard, select rom and wait. after rom install install gapps and then apps2sd (if you want). reboot and after boot see if everything is ok.

Guest gius86

have you wiped data/factory reset on clockwork mod before rom install?

Yes, I wiped data/factory reset, chache and Dalvik cache. I also format sd, boot, system, cache, sdext to be sure.

I have done hundreds of reflashs and had no problems.

clockworkmod must be v2.5.0.7

wipe data/factory reset and also wipe cache partition

install zip from sdcard, select rom and wait. after rom install install gapps and then apps2sd (if you want). reboot and after boot see if everything is ok.

I used two different versions of clockworkmod (2.5.0.7 and 3.1.0.1) but nothing... my cameras doesn't work

Guest gius86

Please help me!.... I need Camera

Is there any good man who could help me please???

Say me what I must do to help you to help me and I will do it !!! XD

Guest jgilalonso

Hi,

Firstly, my phone is a U8220-6 with the same symptoms of gius86.

I've downloaded the "Android System Info" app to check the phone RAM and I've discovered that my mobile have 256 MB.

RAM Max: 231 MB

In this app, if you go to System tab, in Camera info I can see:

"In Spanish" (my language)

Antibanda: off

Efecto de color: none

Compensacion de exposición: 0

No existe camara o no se puede acceder a ella

"In English"

No camera or can't access to it

Another difference that exists is when I type df in "Terminal Emulator" the result is:

/system: 174080k

@gius86:

Can you check these parameters?

EDIT: My actual ROM is Stock Froyo + 32 kernel. A perfect ROM without camera in my phone. :-(

Edited by jgilalonso

Guest twrock

Hi,

I've tried to flash the previous ROM (with which camera worked) but no solution.

Seems like some parameters in the phone have changed independently of the ROM.

That may be possible?

Thanks

Sorry to ask you again, but it is important to make sure you have understood the suggestions others have made. I'm not sure from you answers if you have done what was suggested, so I am just asking to be sure. I am not trying to be insulting, only trying to be clear.

Since you have a U8230, you must flash the "official stock Huawei rom" that is for your phone. This will be a 2.1 rom, since Huawei has only released 1.5 and 2.1 roms for the U8230. So, just to be sure, have you flashed the official stock Huawei rom for your specific U8230 phone? It is a rom in a /dload folder on your SD card called "updata.app". You do not flash it using Recovery. You flash it by holding in the VolumeUP and EndCall buttons and pushing the Power button. Here is a link:

If you have done this and then boot into your 2.1 rom and the camera still does not work, then I think you are out of luck. Sorry.

Guest jgilalonso

Sorry to ask you again, but it is important to make sure you have understood the suggestions others have made. I'm not sure from you answers if you have done what was suggested, so I am just asking to be sure. I am not trying to be insulting, only trying to be clear.

Since you have a U8230, you must flash the "official stock Huawei rom" that is for your phone. This will be a 2.1 rom, since Huawei has only released 1.5 and 2.1 roms for the U8230. So, just to be sure, have you flashed the official stock Huawei rom for your specific U8230 phone? It is a rom in a /dload folder on your SD card called "updata.app". You do not flash it using Recovery. You flash it by holding in the VolumeUP and EndCall buttons and pushing the Power button. Here is a link: http://android.modac...ost__p__1318835

If you have done this and then boot into your 2.1 rom and the camera still does not work, then I think you are out of luck. Sorry.

Hi Twrock,

My phone is a U8220-6.

I don't have the official Stock Huawei ROM because the Huawei website's links are missing.

If you can give a good link with the 1.5 ROM Official for U8220-6 I could try your proposition.

Thanks

Guest twrock

Hi Twrock,

My phone is a U8220-6.

I don't have the official Stock Huawei ROM because the Huawei website's links are missing.

If you can give a good link with the 1.5 ROM Official for U8220-6 I could try your proposition.

Thanks

Sorry, I don't have one for your phone. But others on this site do have your phone. You can search for a link in this site by using the "Search" function over in the right hand column.

Good luck.

• 1 month later...
Guest smethrony

U8230 is a best android phone that support 3.2 MP camera with 2048x1536 pixels resolution and auto focus. Its camera gives best result of image and it also support video recording and editing facility on image.

• 1 month later...