[MOD][ICS]Simple2SD

Guest nathanmarck

Guest owenoliver1

So how do I go about using this once I have flashed it in CWM I gathered it would just come up but I still only have 150mb of space

Guest Redstarr1

So how do I go about using this once I have flashed it in CWM I gathered it would just come up but I still only have 150mb of space

It doesn't change the amount if internal memory of your phone. I assume you know how A2SD works, but in case you don't: You need to repartition your SD card, make a dedicated partition in ext3 file system (or maybe fat also works, I recommend ext3 though), about 500mb should do. A2SD should automatically find that partition and link your user apps.

Guest JetKun

It doesn't change the amount if internal memory of your phone. I assume you know how A2SD works, but in case you don't: You need to repartition your SD card, make a dedicated partition in ext3 file system (or maybe fat also works, I recommend ext3 though), about 500mb should do. A2SD should automatically find that partition and link your user apps.

*S2E! Dammit this is confuusing

• 1 month later...
Guest trueno2k

Hi all,

Anyone having problems with using the new version of S2E ( simple2ext ) app recently updated on the Play Store?... I've stuffed up my OMC last night and so had to reflash CFX today, but I'm having so much trouble setting up S2E version 2.0.1 that none of the original scripts that worked for S2E version 1.2.1 is working for version 2.0.1!... I've spent the whole morning and afternoon trying to figure out how to get this working and I've searched all over google most of the day with very little progress at all!... Only way Ive got it working was by installing version 1.2.1 first, setting it up for app2sd, rebooting, then installing S2E 2.0.1, but still the app isn't fully functional... As soon as I de-select one of the options ( ie. Applications ) and reboot that option is greyed out the next time ( after rebooting ) I launch S2E v2.0.1, and I believe it's something to do with S2E not recognising the right ext4 partition size ( see picture in spoiler )... I'm hoping the 10/05 version of CFX isn't the culprit in all this issue...

Screenshot_20120512-171254-1.jpg

This is really really really annoying the hell out of me!... AND, I need some advice in showing me how I can get this to work?!... UNLESS, S2E v2.0.1. isn't programmed right, which means I just wasted a whole day trying to get a faulty app to work on my OMC!... NOT HAPPY AT ALL!... :angry2: :angry:

Guest trueno2k
I really like S2E, but i'd like to see this working on the newest CFX too
What issues are you getting with S2E running on CM9 then?... Is it the same as what I'm getting or something else entirely different?...

Guest trueno2k
It works fine for me
BUT, what scripts are you using, and what ext format is your ext partition? I'm using something called 05mountsd and my partition is ext4 which only works with S2E version 1.2.1... When I update to 2.0.1 the options are unavailable after deselecting then a reboot and I think that is due to the partition size being reported as a minus value and free space also reported as a minus value... Could you up a few screenies showing 2.0.1 working with proper sd-ext sizes showing right values please?...

Guest aamiel

The version from Android Play Market works now :)

I have downloaded S2E from market, not the zip here and it does not work for me, all greyed out

Guest creedence

I have downloaded S2E from market, not the zip here and it does not work for me, all greyed out

I have the same result. S2E of google play does not work. :(

Instead, I downloaded Link2sd. It works flawlessly. <_<

Guest trueno2k
That's what I've been banging about for the last few posts!... I can only currently get version 1.2.1 to work with the scripts I store in /system/etc/inint.d folder... BUT, I read that the scripts are now located in the /data/local/init.d/ folder... On my next scratch flash I will try it out! Until then I will keep 1.2.1 S2E on my OMC for now...

Guest nathanmarck

If you use the zip I uploaded, get S2E setup using the old apk, then once you're happy it's working update you shouldn't have any problems with the new APK

Guest aamiel

If you use the zip I uploaded, get S2E setup using the old apk, then once you're happy it's working update you shouldn't have any problems with the new APK

Thanks for the instructions. I will try that when I have time

Guest trueno2k
Not the answer I'm looking for tbh, the new up to date should work without any need to use the old one, until then I suggest people to stick with version 1.2.1 until I or someone else has figured out how the new functions...