Vivacity wont charge

Guest BrideOfTheAtom

Guest BrideOfTheAtom

Hi. Was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem to me. I can't get my vivacity to charge via USB anymore. It will sit at around 2% but go no further or worse it will drain the battery quicker when it is plugged into the wall. Also if I try and turn on the phone plugged in but without the battery in it just keeps rebooting to the green android logo over and over again.

I recently lost my original USB cable and bought a cheap one off the market, is it possible this is the cause? I've never really known a bad USB cable before!

Any comments would be welcome!

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

I would blame the cable to be honest, Go somewhere like Maplin and get a replacement, at least then you have somewhere reputable to take it back if need be.

It is a bit pricey to be honest, maybe

http://www.maplin.co...sb-leads-383845

Or an HP one from PC World...

http://www.pcworld.c...624654-pdt.html

Slightly cheaper.

Or even if you have one of those guys at a stall in a shopping centre that does phones, I know there's one near me and I'm guessing there will be one near you.

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest BrideOfTheAtom

Yeah I might have to venture out tomorrow and see if I can acquire a new one. Might see if I can borrow my mates first just to verify that is the problem. I hope it is as I was getting quite excited about all the ICS action on the CM9 thread at the moment!

UPDATE: So I borrowed a cable from my mate, phone charged, mystery solved!

Edited by BrideOfTheAtom

Guest BrideOfTheAtom

I bought a cheap back up charging plug/ lead and that lasted about 5 minutes.

You would think "how hard is it for a cable to supply a voltage"!