• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I need help starting over

4 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Okay, right now i have Cyanogen mod 7 nightly N1, android version 2.3.4.

I havent been messing with my phone for months, i remember it being quite the hassle. But now ive gotten tired of this, my phone is really slow and unstable. I need a fresh start, i want to "start over". I have no clue what roms and stuff to get or how to install them. The stickies seem to be quite unupdated. So i just want to clear everything on my phone and get a new rom and bin, the best and fastest available. So if anyone could give me a hand with this i would be very greatful.

I have Acer liquid a1 with 256mb ram.

So how do i start over?

Posted · Report post

Okay, right now i have Cyanogen mod 7 nightly N1, android version 2.3.4.

I havent been messing with my phone for months, i remember it being quite the hassle. But now ive gotten tired of this, my phone is really slow and unstable. I need a fresh start, i want to "start over". I have no clue what roms and stuff to get or how to install them. The stickies seem to be quite unupdated. So i just want to clear everything on my phone and get a new rom and bin, the best and fastest available. So if anyone could give me a hand with this i would be very greatful.

I have Acer liquid a1 with 256mb ram.

So how do i start over?

I know you're just lazy to read the stickies.. it's not been updated cuz ours is an old phone tongue.gif

Anyway, firstly get the 4.002.14.EMEA.GEN1 bin for 256mb from

Flash with ADT

Install latest malez recovery 0.6.2

choose the ROM you want

you may want to try liquidmix or liquidnext 1.9.2 or MIUI

~renzs

Posted · Report post

I know you're just lazy to read the stickies.. it's not been updated cuz ours is an old phone tongue.gif

Anyway, firstly get the 4.002.14.EMEA.GEN1 bin for 256mb from http://android.modac...act-collection/

Flash with ADT

Install latest malez recovery 0.6.2

choose the ROM you want

you may want to try liquidmix or liquidnext 1.9.2 or MIUI

~renzs

Ah yes, flashing.. I connect my phone, and usb debugging is on, but it doesn't say anywhere the phone that it's on, should it? It's just ticked in the settings. But when i start the tool, it can't find my phone, it says not connected. I have installed drivers.

Posted · Report post

mee too +1

a week or two ago, i'd like to flash the exact same bin like "Brunkarn" couse i have A1 too, but nothing happened

When i started the tool, it said "Not connected" .. and there was no step forward ... and also i have installed drivers too (i'm using Xp Sp3)

The sticky with "4.1- How to flash a .bin file " is a bit "complicated" to me .. hmm .. this is not the right word, i can understand it, but not happening in "real" xD