Debrand One X

Guest GuyAdams

Guest GuyAdams

I picked up a One X on T-Mobile yesterday and noticed the ROM is already out of date compared with the official HTC release.

Is it possible to debrand it and get it back on the HTC track?

Thanks

Guest carthesis

I wouldn't mind knowing how to bin the naff O2 software myself...

I'm on the O2 version of 1.26.206.2. Anyone who can let me know how to get back to pure stock would be doing me a favour.

Guest gavinlew

I'm hoping it's going to be as easy as unlocking the bootloader once htcdev.com is back up and flashing a generic European RUU.

My handset is from Vodafone and has a but of bloat and some remote management stuff which I don't want.

Guest gavinlew

Update,

From further reading , simply unlocking the bootloader isnt going to let me flash a generic RUU, Super-CID is needed first to achieve this.

However, I have found a generic One X ROM packaged as an update.zip which I am going to try via recovery - this may be as close to stock as we can get for a while.

Guest RaiderX303

On my Evo 3D, i debranded it by unlocking the bootloader and changing the CID to HTC__001, maybe its possible to do the same on the One X?

Guest gavinlew

Hi

An update,

I unlocked mine via htcdev.com, flashed recovery and backed up

I haven't altered my CID so I presume this is still set to Vodafone

All I wanted to achieve was to remove the Vodafone splash screens and their bloat wear including their remote access software so the flashable update.zip together with Pauls boot image to root has done the job.

Just moved over my apps/data from my Nexus using Titanium Backup and Dropbox too

Cheers

Gavin

Guest dj_destruction

Hi

An update,

All I wanted to achieve was to remove the Vodafone splash screens and their bloat wear including their remote access software so the flashable update.zip together with Pauls boot image to root has done the job.

Just moved over my apps/data from my Nexus using Titanium Backup and Dropbox too

Cheers

Gavin

Hi,

Where did you find the flashable update.zip? was it the generic european 1.26.401.2? as this is what im after.

Thanks in advance

Edited by dj_destruction

Guest Emperork

Hi

An update,

Cheers

Gavin

when OTA updates roll around, what would you get pushed? As far as I am aware, it is the IMEI that affects updates... so hopefully you should be ok.

the reason i am asking this is that i just put my sensation through the washing machine and ordered a HOX through Voda. I'm sure it will have tonnes of crapware on it when it comes. Now I don't mind mimicing your method, so long as I get normal OTA unbranded updates in the future....?

only thing is i do not really want root access. i'm happy with stock htc rom

Edited by Emperork

Guest dj_destruction

Hi,

Its here ; http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1546970 (Hopefully im allowed to link offsite - any problems remove the post)

Cheers

Gavin

Hi thanks for the reply i thought that was the one you would off used just wanted to check. Have you had any issues with the rom or is it all good? p.s does any one have the stock t-mobile uk ruu?? its software number 1.26.110.5 its a good build as in no software problems or glitches that others seem to be having on the unlock devices so would be handy to have the ruu as a fail safe roll back. :-)

Guest gavinlew

Hi,

I've had no issues running the ROM, havent got round to applying some of the tweaks yet that I want to-do (Auto Brightness and Legacy Apps Menu Button behaviour).

First full day out with the phone and got 16hours from the battery which I didn't think was bad.

Not tested or verified but TMobile UK RUU here ; http://kuai.xunlei.com/d/XQAAQPWZSHVF

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Gavin

Guest dj_destruction

Hi,

I've had no issues running the ROM, havent got round to applying some of the tweaks yet that I want to-do (Auto Brightness and Legacy Apps Menu Button behaviour).

First full day out with the phone and got 16hours from the battery which I didn't think was bad.

Not tested or verified but TMobile UK RUU here ; http://kuai.xunlei.com/d/XQAAQPWZSHVF

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Gavin

You my friend are a legend that is the exact ruu i was after. only thing is i cant for the life of me get it to download!??! which is a bummer.

many thanks tho. i think if i can get hold of the branded rom ruu for all networks (o2, voda, orange, t-mobile, 3 in the uk) i will put em in my dropbox for ease of use n share so others dont needc to search and have an easy back to stock. :-)

Guest gavinlew

You my friend are a legend that is the exact ruu i was after. only thing is i cant for the life of me get it to download!??! which is a bummer.

many thanks tho. i think if i can get hold of the branded rom ruu for all networks (o2, voda, orange, t-mobile, 3 in the uk) i will put em in my dropbox for ease of use n share so others dont needc to search and have an easy back to stock. :-)

It seems like these RUU's are being hosted on servers inside China, I've found the TMO RUU and am downloading it now , even on a 100mb circuit eta is over an hour.

Once I have it , I will mirror it somewhere.

Cheers

Gavin

Guest dj_destruction

It seems like these RUU's are being hosted on servers inside China, I've found the TMO RUU and am downloading it now , even on a 100mb circuit eta is over an hour.

Once I have it , I will mirror it somewhere.

Cheers

Gavin

Nice one gavinlew thanks for that :-)

edit: It looks like that t-mobile ruu you are downloading might have been an earlier version or not really the uk one as its 1.26.110.2 and not 1.26.110.5 like im running also the radio on the one your downloading is 1.1204.90.13 and mine is 1.1204.91.14. so im not sure but I will try and flash it and see if it works.

Edited by dj_destruction

Guest dj_destruction

Odd - I have a white One X on Three UK and my radio version is 1.1204.90.13H

I believe that Three UK run on the T-Mobile/Orange network as do Virgin Mobile could be why the radio is similar, not sure what the H at the end of your radio stands for it could be the H for Hutchinson 3G maybe?!?!

Guest gavinlew

Nice one gavinlew thanks for that :-)

edit: It looks like that t-mobile ruu you are downloading might have been an earlier version or not really the uk one as its 1.26.110.2 and not 1.26.110.5 like im running also the radio on the one your downloading is 1.1204.90.13 and mine is 1.1204.91.14. so im not sure but I will try and flash it and see if it works.

Here we go ; http://db.tt/RolbW6sN

Cheers

Guest dj_destruction

im still running the stock branded t-mobile rom and my hboot is still locked but my cid is "none" ??? any one else got this? run cmd "fastboot getvar cid" to get ur cid. My mid is showing as PJ4610000 you can check in cmd with "fastboot getvar mid" . If any one on a locked branded one x can check theirs and post would be great.

thanks.

Edited by dj_destruction

Guest Kiwizz

I've rooted but mine also shows "none" and my MID is the same: PJ4610000

I'm on Optus in Australia.

im still running the stock branded t-mobile rom and my hboot is still locked but my cid is "none" ??? any one else got this? run cmd "fastboot getvar cid" to get ur cid. My mid is showing as PJ4610000 you can check in cmd with "fastboot getvar mid" . If any one on a locked branded one x can check theirs and post would be great.

thanks.

Guest dmlewis

Gavin

Thank you doing this. I have been reluctant to try custom ROM until had a stock ROM to return to if I make a boo-boo.

Downloaded in less than 10 minutes.Will archive on my Box.com storage ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest GuyAdams

Which version are you running?

P

I started on 1.26.401.5 but have since flashed a custom ROM based on the latest 1.29 OTA. There is however still an issue of firmware not being updated by the custom ROMs, like HBOOT etc due to S-ON.

...Not tested or verified but TMobile UK RUU here ; http://kuai.xunlei.com/d/XQAAQPWZSHVF

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Gavin

Here we go ; http://db.tt/RolbW6sN

Cheers

Those RUU's are for versiom 1.26.401.2 which is the T-Mobile RUU that doesnt OTA update. The version that came on the handset originally is 1.26.401.5 which will automatically update OTA (including your firmware, etc)

P.S. Apologies for the delay in response, for some reason I haven't received any notifications for the thread.

Thanks

Guy

Edited by GuyAdams