[ROM][ZTE Skate] AtomICS (Full Dolby Audio)

Guest H3ROS

Guest Anthony1989

Might be a stupid question but can I install directly to phone and flash? Edit: can't find the battery mod from previous pages on tapatalk aswel :( Sent from my ZTE-SKATE using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Edited by Anthony1989

Guest H3ROS

You can download it to your memory card, boot to ClockworkMod and then flash it.

The battery mod link is here:

http://android.modac...attach_id=79922

Also a question for everyone. How would people feel about a slim version of the ROM that can fit onto a 130MB system partition? It would mean you have an extra 20MB of internal system memory to use. You'd then download whatever applications you want yourself e.g. youtube.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest TouchyAndalou
You can download it to your memory card, boot to ClockworkMod and then flash it.

The battery mod link is here:

http://android.modac...attach_id=79922

Also a question for everyone. How would people feel about a slim version of the ROM that can fit onto a 130MB system partition? It would mean you have an extra 20MB of internal system memory to use. You'd then download whatever applications you want yourself e.g. youtube.

I think slimmed down versions are always welcome. I always add and remove what I like from a rom anyhow, so I already have your rom squeezed into a 130mb system partition.

Btw, the battery life on this rom is great!

Guest chapelblade

I have been using AtomicMod for some time but decided to try this ROM because of Dolby. I'm glad I did because it seems very smooth and battery life appears to be very good. The only problem I have is with my contacts - the synch with google dosn't seem to be working correctly. I have flashed the ROM twice - any advice before I enter them manually again.

Guest H3ROS

Contacts syncing works fine here. Have you tried going to accounts & sync and forcing a resync? Also are your contacts found online if you login to google?

Guest chapelblade

Contacts syncing works fine here. Have you tried going to accounts & sync and forcing a resync? Also are your contacts found online if you login to google?

Contacts always automatically restored when using AtomicMod. Have tried forcing a resync without success. Not sure about online - cannot find my contacts on google.

Will reflash AtomicMod to see if they still restore.

Guest Andy725

Hi, i have this rom on my skate at present and the only problem i have found is the voice search button on google play, youtube and google search is very hit and miss, mostly miss, i have to keep tapping away for ages for the voice search to activate. It works okay when its on the keyboard or in navigation where ist selected but when its the top right hand corner of apps like youtube or the market its very hit and miss.. It works fine in the other rom i have tried ice armour and the stock rom. Any help appreciated as this is function i use a lot.

Edit: the only only thing i forgot to do when i installed this rom was the three wipes so i don't know if that makes any difference.

Edited by Andy725

Guest H3ROS

For me it works, but it seems picky about the location of your finger. If it's too far to the right then it seems to ignore it but if it's a little to the left of the magnifying glass then it works fine. It's been the same for me on AtomicMod, LogicMod and SKatie :unsure: Maybe it's possible to recalibrate the screen somehow. I'd need to look into it.

Guest Bekzod

Hi everybody, I've problems with video decoding, in stock and other video players shows a lot of horizontal lines, how can i solve this problem?

Guest H3ROS

You're a joke. The camera is from an earlier version of Atomic and do you seriously think you're the only person who can apply smali patches or code in any sort of language? I'm a developer that can code in over 7 languages and compile Android blindfolded and your hounding of "credits" has always been rather sad to me.

Go away, that simple. This is me asking you politely.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest H3ROS

Do you know how immature you sound every time you've opened your mouth (so to speak) in the Skate section? Every single time you've made a post it's been to nag for thanks or report warez. Well you won't find any in AtomICS and I've not got a single thing to prove to you.

It's hilarious to me that you think so highly of yourself that you forget you're not the only person who can code. An example here is how do you think I got Dolby audio working when there's no other ROM that's previously had any type of patches to add Dolby audio in full? It's because I looked at the original ROM and added in the changes myself.

How hard do you think it is to look for a key event and then make it do an action, seriously?

http://developer.android.com/reference/android/view/KeyEvent.html#KEYCODE_VOLUME_UP :rolleyes:

Edited by H3ROS

Guest unomesmo

@Bug

I think the WIFI policies are wrong. When I set "NEVER SHUTDOWN", the wifi is ON only when the phone is charging and viceversa, if I set it in "ONLY CHARGING" the wifi is ON all time.

Guest H3ROS

@ chapelblade

Did you reinstall AtomICS?

@ unomesmo

For me the options I get are "When screen turns off", "Never when plugged in" and "Never". I always have mine set on "Never" because I want to receive emails and instant messages at all times. For me it works as you'd expect it to.

Do you have any other applications that could modify the WiFi policy? Like for example, I used to use Trillian and it never functioned right when setting the WiFi policy from within its settings.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest TouchyAndalou

I was thinking about upgrading from logic to this. Is it worth it? Battery life the same or better?

Better in my experience.

Guest TouchyAndalou

BTW, for the people who are having problems with the dock buttons lagging on this ROM, I was getting the same thing. My first thought was that it's just a Go Launcher issue, but then I remembered that it wasn't an issue when I was using LogicMod. The difference however seems to be that I was using the ICS theme by kovdev from the market on Logic, whereas on this ROM I was just using the stock GO theme. Since applying the ICS theme on this ROM, I haven't noticed any more lag.

Guest Obsydian

Agree battery life is the best of all the ROMs on offer and also after a weeks use that the dock is slow and does not respond sometimes. One other issue not sure is this is a web page loading issue (but never experienced it to date with other ROMs), just surfing the modaco page, it contstantly freezes (for about 5-10 secs) when scrolling.

But beyond that, I have tried every ROM, so many times and this is the best for me at the moment.

Guest chapelblade

@ chapelblade

Did you reinstall AtomICS?

It appeared to be a display issue. Either golauncher ex or the contacts app was obviously set to a different default. When I changed the view/display option the contacts re-appeared.

Guest aamiel
I made it and you copied it (from an another copy :P), period.

In that case, he can't credit you as he correctly credits Tillaz and you have asked Tillaz to remove credits to you. So now go away.

Guest Andy725

For me it works, but it seems picky about the location of your finger. If it's too far to the right then it seems to ignore it but if it's a little to the left of the magnifying glass then it works fine. It's been the same for me on AtomicMod, LogicMod and SKatie :unsure: Maybe it's possible to recalibrate the screen somehow. I'd need to look into it.

Thanks, i see what you mean about being too far to the right, since touching the icon closer to the mag glass its much better now.

Guest dibbles

Will people please stop this petty bickering. If you have an issue with another persons post then simply report them to the Mods, that is there job to resolve these situations, or else the thread just gets all messed up with lots of personal attacks.

Konsta T has made the same point in another ROM's thread that he is making here. He implies that other devs are using his work without giving the credit due. The last time that this happened things got a little heated from others joining in with personal insults and the like without a clear understanding of what is going on.

Whether there is validity in his claims or not it isn't for others to start with the personal insults or attacks.

Please keep this thread clean and on topic. :)

The ROM....

Just flashed this now and whilst I can't comment too much about how it performs it flashed fine with no issues. I have changed the launcher to ADW Launcher EX. The only comment that I would make is that I think apps like Google Maps, Youtube etc should be left out as they are available from the market.

Thanks for the ROM, and sharing it with us. I will post back another time when I have had a chance to test it out more thoroughly.

Guest unomesmo

@ unomesmo

For me the options I get are "When screen turns off", "Never when plugged in" and "Never". I always have mine set on "Never" because I want to receive emails and instant messages at all times. For me it works as you'd expect it to.

Do you have any other applications that could modify the WiFi policy? Like for example, I used to use Trillian and it never functioned right when setting the WiFi policy from within its settings.

I must have a problem somewhere in the settings. Now I realize that always it disconnect and reconnect automatically wifi only when I enter in the wifi settings menu.

Which file can I inspect to see the configuration that is setting the configuration menu?

Right now I doubt if it can be to have recovered access points with the Titanium .. I do not remember if I did or not because I was also updating the Xperia of my girlfriend :(

Sorry...

Edited by unomesmo

Guest H3ROS

The easy method would probably be to backup just your apps with Titanium and then format and reinstall the ROM. Then you'd want to try WiFi before restoring your programs.

I don't think theres any way to easily view where WiFi information is stored.