[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Lopalos

I'm curious if you could help?

I've got a Vivacity and been running your ICS build since you released it, thanks for that.

But I've come across a problem. I've just updated to the latest build. 27/05/2012

I'm having an issue scanning QR Codes. I've got Google Goggles and Obsqr and neither of them want to scan.

I'm wondering if anyone else is having an issue?

Guest Dazzozo

I'm curious if you could help?

I've got a Vivacity and been running your ICS build since you released it, thanks for that.

But I've come across a problem. I've just updated to the latest build. 27/05/2012

I'm having an issue scanning QR Codes. I've got Google Goggles and Obsqr and neither of them want to scan.

I'm wondering if anyone else is having an issue?

Probably related to the HAL change. Camera changes all the time (pretty much weekly) so I wouldn't worry about it.

Guest windy_miller

been absolutely pulling my hair out all day over this rom. Phone has been pretty stable with previous builds. Updated last night to R7a and had nothing but problems. Abysmal battery life, phone totally locking up needing a battery pull, random reboots, slow response touch screen, phone getting really hot during calls/charging. Did a total wipe, flashed back to stock, formated my 16gb class 4 sd card, repartioned it, fresh install of R7a again, phone ok for a while. then back to square one. I use titanium to backup/install apps, only adding my google account once i have used titanium to put my apps back on. I dont overclock the phone, and when i reinstall apps i always choose install app only not data as well.

I set up Link2sd to auto install apps rather than choose internal/external.

Help me someone before i throw my phone out the window lol.

Dazzozo!!! I love ICS rom but this has been doing my nut in all day. Ive read loads of topics on here today about best sd card partition sizes and so on, best way to install apps etc etc etc.

Maybe someone could write a guide to be stickied to the 1st page of this thread with a step by step guide on a total install, how to add apps from a backup and so on.

HELP!!!!!

I have had 3 complete lockups too (requiring a battery pull). Two of them were after plugging in the USB cable (once to a PC, and once to just a power socket).

Guest fr0do

The videos on my Vivacity actually had 0 B length. So in my case the video was not recorded at all.. :(

Ah no. Mine had recorded I just had no way to play them back on ICS. Bad luck there!

Guest beavis77

Ah no. Mine had recorded I just had no way to play them back on ICS. Bad luck there!

I can play the recorded videos with

MX Player (if a bit choppy). I'm still on R6 though.

I was wondering if the missing hw acceleration affects the recording speed?

Guest Dazzozo

Video recording isn't running completely as desired yet (we have to disable metadata and this is the reason why the native Gallery can't play the video). That would also be fixed by the OMX IL release.

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

What is OMX IL?

Does hardware decoding work in apps written to the Gingerbread API?

ICS is the first version with hardware acceleration, that's why it's taking so long to come to a lot of devices. Next versions of Android should be quicker cos the HW stuff will already have been done.

Guest windy_miller

I had another hard lock up when plugging my phone in. It seems to hang if I plug it in when the screen is off.

Guest windy_miller

I'm still getting some battery drain because something is preventing my phone from sleeping. Using Better Battery Stats, I norrowed this down to the msm_serial_hs_dma kernel wakelock.

A bit of Googling reveals that this is something to do with Bluetooth, but I have Bluetooth turned off!

Daz, any ideas?

Guest Dazzozo

@Daz how's the bluetooth-Wifi dependency fix going? I'm guessing thats what you are working on.

Slow, I've not been able to nail the problem yet. Everything seems to be throwing horrible errors and there's no apparent root cause. I've completely ruled out the kernel as it's fine with a kernel from source on the stock ROMs. I've been porting things across to make it as close to the stock Bluetooth setup as possible and everything just errors. Still battling it.

Guest Dazzozo

No difference with the stock music player as well?

I heard some problems without it in FnC

Are the problems with FnC related to initialisation without Wi-Fi on?

Guest G Sharir

Hi,

Thanks for the rom and updates they are great/

Three issues I would like to know it there is a solutiona / could be:

1. Native video calling - i.e. button in dialer like in the samsung galaxy - I read that as to date only the galaxy has this. I do not mean an external app (i.e tango, skype, etcc) but a built in video calling option like I have in preious old sony ericsson w995. Any cahnce of puting the galaxy dialer on our phone ? I heard somewhere that this could maybe only work on GB and not on ICS

http://www.gsmarena.com/showpic.php3?sImg=reviewsimg/samsung-i9100-galaxy-s-ii/review/sshots/gsmarena_013.jpg&idReview=597&idPage=6

2. Can the bluetooth receive data ?

3. Is the follwoing issue known - the phone stops the keyboard and takes a minute or so to get back to keyboard, we cannot sms or write Emails properly - if it is known is there a solution for this ?\

Thanks a lot for answers !

Guest G Sharir

One more question, related maybe to the native video calling - Is there a known issue with mms messagin since I just can't get an mms sent even after talking to orange IL perator and updating apn's.

Guest Dazzozo

Hi,

1. Native video calling - i.e. button in dialer like in the samsung galaxy - I read that as to date only the galaxy has this. I do not mean an external app (i.e tango, skype, etcc) but a built in video calling option like I have in preious old sony ericsson w995. Any cahnce of puting the galaxy dialer on our phone ? I heard somewhere that this could maybe only work on GB and not on ICS

http://www.gsmarena....ew=597&idPage=6

3. Is the follwoing issue known - the phone stops the keyboard and takes a minute or so to get back to keyboard, we cannot sms or write Emails properly - if it is known is there a solution for this ?\

One more question, related maybe to the native video calling - Is there a known issue with mms messagin since I just can't get an mms sent even after talking to orange IL perator and updating apn's.

1. I'm porting CyanogenMod. Not taking random, probably proprietary apps from different phones.

2. Yes, but it needs Wi-Fi on to do so.

3. No idea what you're talking about, "the phone stops the keyboard"?

4. That is likely a network issue. I've sent MMS messages.

Guest G Sharir

Thanks for the prompt answer

this is not an external app it is part of the samsung rom I beleive GB and not ICS the question of this could even be handled and / or fixed in ICS. Talking about native video calling withou apps on 3g network not data usage.

I didn't manage to recieve files on BT even whtn Wifi open. Check myself

Anyone else have problems with MMA or am I the first / only since the netweork provider, although doesn't know zTE blade, insists it sright and working and it realy did so before using the STE Blade

Thanks again

Guest Dazzozo

Thanks for the prompt answer

this is not an external app it is part of the samsung rom I beleive GB and not ICS the question of this could even be handled and / or fixed in ICS. Talking about native video calling withou apps on 3g network not data usage.

I didn't manage to recieve files on BT even whtn Wifi open. Check myself

Anyone else have problems with MMA or am I the first / only since the netweork provider, although doesn't know zTE blade, insists it sright and working and it realy did so before using the STE Blade

Thanks again

Yes, it may be part of the ROM, but it is still going to be an app. It does not have to be an external app acquired through a marketplace for it to be an app.

Guest domenico lamberti

plus since the front camera is disabled at a kernel level there is no reason to implement that feature just yet, if at all

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Hi,

http://www.gsmarena....ew=597&idPage=6

Galaxy Dialer, Video calling, these are both extra apks which are not standard in CyanogenMod. What Dazzozo is trying to tell you is this rom is supposed to be the standard CyanogenMod 9 rom. If you want bits of any other roms or additional/custom apps (i.e. from the Samsung Galaxy series) all stuck together then you need to look elsewhere.

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest Dazzozo

We need a FAQ. The front camera is pretty useless anyway.

Additionally, let me make this clear, ARMv6 Flash will never exist on ICS. It only exists on Gingerbread because of an accident.

Edited by Dazzozo