[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

so are you going to stop working on the FFC or is it just not a priority right now?

Don't care about it for now. BT is more important.

Guest MadEye Moody

We need a FAQ. The front camera is pretty useless anyway.

Additionally, let me make this clear, ARMv6 Flash will never exist on ICS. It only exists on Gingerbread because of an accident.

That must have been a very interesting accident :P

Guest Dazzozo

That must have been a very interesting accident :P

I don't know the full details but apparently it was something to do with some Chinese manufacturer of tablets.

Even so, Adobe have killed mobile Flash.

Guest Dazzozo

The plan is to release a new CM9 build tonight/tomorrow, and then I'll restart my work on the Bluetooth on CM7 as this is probably a better base, as like stock, it's Gingerbread. That will help diagnose any issues that could just be ICS related with the current and future strategies that I try. (Yes, the BT issue is present in CM7 too.)

I have a few ideas and I'll feel a little more comfortable knowing it's the same OS version (near enough) to stock, where we have it working. The fix should then hopefully translate relatively easily over to the ICS distributions, and we'll know for certain if we need to rework things (and what) for ICS.

(This also might mean I'll get a chance to fix the damn proximity sensor on CM7.)

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest Josef Prusa

Hello everyone,

has anyone managed to get the voice input working? The ICS stock one just disappears, the SmartKeyboard Pro displays a disabled microphone. Might be that I am using the phone in Czech, but the rest of the OS works quite OK.

Guest Dazzozo

New build should be ready in a few. Going to start doing recommended and latest builds, and this falls in to both for now.

Guest robt77

just flashed Rom, it seems excellent will have a proper play with it later on. This Rom just seems to get quicker and quicker. Thanks again for all your hard work Dazz

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Messed right up for me, told me I didn't have enough room so it skipped some apps, then the setting wouldn't stick and stuff started showing up wrong.

I tried flashing the ICS TPT that Amphoras made for us, CM9 still didn't like it and told me I didn't have enough room :(

Why? It was fine before, what's been added that makes it too big (that's what she said)?

Oh, by the way, it didn't have this either :P ...

[media=]

How big are the stock partitions compared to the ones Amphoras made us?

Not my favourite build :(

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest Dazzozo

Messed right up for me, told me I didn't have enough room so it skipped some apps, then the setting wouldn't stick and stuff started showing up wrong.

I tried flashing the ICS TPT that Amphoras made for us, CM9 still didn't like it and told me I didn't have enough room :(

Why? It was fine before, what's been added that makes it too big (that's what she said)?

Oh, by the way, it didn't have this either :P ...

[media=]

How big are the stock partitions compared to the ones Amphoras made us?

Not my favourite build :(

Something really weird is messing your install up, and the only thing that differentiates it is the fact that releasetools determined your system as too small.

Also, that animation isn't in yet.

Guest domenico lamberti

kind of got a bit of a problem, after restoring all my messages, messaging app force closes whenever i open it, it doesnt even get to showing the threads open

UPDATE : I finally got it to show my threads after about 10 force closes, i clicked on a thread and now all i can see is a black screen with the status bar at the top

UPDATE 2 : finally after about another 10 FC's i finally get into my threads

UPDATE 3 : damnit, sending and recieving are now working,but notifications only seem to work when they want to, this is only for messages as far as i can tell

Edited by domenico lamberti

Guest windy_miller

Unfortunately the random crashing and poor battery life have made me go back to Fish and Chips.

I would love to put CM9 back on my phone though. Keep up the good work Daz. Hopefully we should have a really great CM9 ROM for the Crescent soon.

Guest Dazzozo

Unfortunately the random crashing and poor battery life have made me go back to Fish and Chips.

I would love to put CM9 back on my phone though. Keep up the good work Daz. Hopefully we should have a really great CM9 ROM for the Crescent soon.

I'm pretty sure you guys are just clocked too high. ICS can't handle overclocking to the stupid Gingerbread settings and it has more of a negative effect.

That would explain the crashing and battery life. It's nothing I'm experiencing so it's nothing in my control, frankly. I don't plan on looking in to it because I'm not convinced there's an issue. People just seem to be cutting their legs off because of a flesh wound instead of actually treating the problem.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Very weird, just downloaded the rom again (from your Google link this time just for info's sake), scrubbed everything, re-installed recovery, cleaned off my sd card which had all sorts of folders from old apps n stuff. Tried flashing again and it worked this time, just setting everything up, I'll let you know of any other problems but looking good so far.

Thanks again ;)

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest surfungus

yeah strange, I had the 'not enough room skipping extras' too.Not really sure what it's skipped everything seems ok.

I'm running the ICS TPT, odd that all the others have been fine.

oh well I'll have another look tomorrow.

Great work again Daz! Really seems to be coming along nicely :D

cheers surf

Guest DarkDaemon

Just wondering if it would be possible to get some MD5's for this ROM, I had a lot of troubles with it last time I tried to use it and it may have been a faulty dl.

Guest TingTang

Hi.

I need help here.

I currently have the Fish & Chips ROM on my Vivacity but would like to put this ROM on. The thing is, I can't remember how I done it. I have tried booting into recovery with no luck. All I get is a FTM screen.

There is 88 pages here so I would be very grateful if anyone can point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Edited by TingTang

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Hi.

I need help here.

I currently have the Fish & Chips ROM on my Vivacity but would like to put this ROM on. The thing is, I can't remember how I done it. I have tried booting into recovery with no luck. All I get is a FTM screen.

There is 88 pages here so I would be very grateful if anyone can point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Sorry folks, wrong thread. :(

You'll need to find the thread with the flashing Clockworkmod Recovery tutorial, then use ADB to flash Clockwork mod then you're good to go! You can put your phone into Recovery mode and install this ROM from your SD card.