[ICS] [AOKP] [4.0.4] Android Open Kang Project for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 01/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest misodoctakleidist

I'll probably try this later, and if it is now stable enough I'll use it as my day-to-day ROM.

Might try MIUI first though.

Guest FrankyG

Hi,

I'm wondering if someone can tell me what the advantages/disadvantages of AOKP over CM9 are? I'm currently using CM9 with only a small wifi sleep issue, is there any good reason to install AOKP?

Many thanks

FrankyG

Guest AmbushReality
Hi,

I'm wondering if someone can tell me what the advantages/disadvantages of AOKP over CM9 are? I'm currently using CM9 with only a small wifi sleep issue, is there any good reason to install AOKP?

Many thanks

FrankyG

Basically, there's a CRAZY amount of customization options in AOKP:)

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Giving this a bash now, any idea on how to add a mobile data toggle in the status bar?

- Edit

So far so good, any idea on what CPU I should set it on for best performance, I like things to run smoothly.

Somehow I have 50mb left on internal after installing ALL my apps. Even CM7 only left me with 30- Impressed.

Edited by CurtisAndroidSF2

Guest misodoctakleidist

I am using default min and max cpu values with the InteractiveX governor. It is much smoother than CM9 for me, but that may be because I was previously using SmartassV2.

This ROM continues to impress me. I expected to encounter problems and end up going back to CM9, but that hasn't happened. Even the battery life seems better so far.

Guest plewis1981

would love to give this rom a proper go but nova launcher kept crashing ( about 5 times in an hour )

All settings are at default so would i need to OC to get this to run?

Guest uknetizen

Not so stable on my TMV, had a couple of reboots while the phone was idle and Youtube crashes on startup every time. Aside from that, very impressed with AOKP :)

• 1 month later...
Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Any more updates heading to this?

Also, is there a way to put a mobile data toggle on the notification bar widgets? I can't find the option and it's essential for me.

• 4 weeks later...

For some reason my vivacity stays at the ZTE logo when flashing this ROM, Cm7 and CM9 and CM10 work. Can someone help me. I flashed It just like in the guide. 1st ROM then Gapps, then Kernel. Bofere that I did a full wipe. Still it doesn't do anything. I have the Stock TPT

Edited by gbosh

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest nzmnisam

Pls help,I realy need help.

I did as u said: flashed the from than gapps and at the end vivacity touch kernel,but my phone won't start(I have telenor touch plus). When I power up device it won't move from android logo screen and the LED is red. That's happening what ever rom install that has to flash touch kernel. Pls help and send ur answer to my email [email protected].

I will be great full

Guest nzmnisam

Pls help,I realy need help.

I did as u said: flashed the from than gapps and at the end vivacity touch kernel,but my phone won't start(I have telenor touch plus). When I power up device it won't move from android logo screen and the LED is red. That's happening what ever rom install that has to flash touch kernel. Pls help and send ur answer to my email [email protected].

I will be great full